CW Sets Premieres for iZombie, The Messengers; Supernatural on the Move

Best New Shows 2015

The CW has set premiere dates for it two midseason dramas — as well as scheduled the Winchesters for a move.

With the comic book-inspired iZombie premiering Tuesday, March 17 at 9/8c, Supernatural will return to Wednesdays starting March 18, where it will follow Arrow. (The 100 will have wrapped Season 2 the week prior.)

Meanwhile, the apocalyptic drama The Messengers is due to debut Friday, April 10 at 9 pm.

Additionally, the new, Cedric the Entertainer-hosted competition series Cedric’s Barber Battle (which is exactly what it sounds like) will premiere Friday, April 10 at 8 pm, leading into the new cycle of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

UPDATE: CW boss Mark Pedowitz says Beauty and the Beast Season 3 is aiming for a “late May/June” premiere date.

1. Zorkel says:

Interesting to see iZombie after The Flash. A smart move. But does this mean CW doesn’t have much hope for The Messengers?

2. ninergrl6 says:

Ugh I love Supernatural on Tuesdays! It’s my main show of that night. On Wednesdays I’ll have all kinds of conflicts. I’ll follow SPN anywhere but I’m not happy about this.

• casDTN says:

Finally someone who understands me! I am very unhappy about this as well.

• Rob. G says:

When a networks wants to kill a show (but are afraid to upset the fans by cancelling it) the usually move the show all around to different nights. They did it with Buffy (to a new Network!) and Angel, they moved it 3 or 4 times.

Supernatural was on Thursdays for the first 5 seasons, then Friday for seasons 6 and 7, then Tuesday for seasons 8,9 and 10 – now Wednesday. At least they haven’t put it on Saturday or Sunday yet…

3. lqza says:

Can anyone point me to Supernatural on the move, I cannot find anything that the headline said?

4. thanks for asking about Beauty and the Beast….winner of 2 PCA awards three years in a row.

5. Viv says:

Well, Supernatural is one of those shows that seems able to survive in almost all time slots. I won´t complain, my tue tv schedule is way to loaded.
    Messenger directly to Friday… well, we´ll see how that goes.

6. sarahjay55 says:

Well I’ll watch Supernatural wherever it goes, and it does seem to be able to survive whatever’s thrown at it so… Welcome to Winchester Wednesdays I guess!

7. Lizo says:

Finally news on iZombie. I’m really worried about it because the CW seems to not care about it, not releasing a trailer or talking about it.

8. blinderd8 says:

Keep trying to kill off Supernatural by moving it once it really has a strongest ratings in years. Guess what, we follow it anywhere because well…it takes more than a time move to lose us. Or is it that the CW is so secure with Supernatural, it knows we will follow it and uses it as a tracking device to get us to watch lead ins.

• Mo says:

It’s the second reason. If they couldn’t kill it off in the Friday death slot a few seasons back, a move back to Wednesdays after Arrow won’t hurt it either.

9. Tran says:

This could be bad news for The 100.

10. marina says:

Please ask about Beauty and the Beast why pull the release date

11. Foshi says:

Finally! I’ve been anticipating iZombie since it was first announced. I’m excited to see a Rob Thomas show back on the air and hopefully with another smart, articulate, strong female lead.

12. Letti says:

Now I’d really like to see a trailer for both. But I might not get myself invested in these new shows until they get a renewal. With CW you never know.

13. Amanda says:

Don’t move supernatural, Tuesdays created Tuesdays pig and a poke we have to stay with supernatural on Tuesdays it will ruin everuthing .

• Trace says:

You must have started watching in season nine… when it moved to Tuesday. It was on Wednesday in season eight, and had the Friday night 9pm death slot in season seven.

14. Patricia says:

I follow Supernatural since 2005, so Wednesday will be the Winchester day!

15. Happy about the move for Supernatural. Tuesday nights were too crowded.

16. ninamags says:

Thats good. My Tuesdays were super packed and my Wednesdays were dead after Arrow.

Winchester Wednesday!!!

17. Dan Mason says:

Supernatural is for fan girls and the gay community. As for Beauty and the Beast, it has its moments, but the second season hook-up with Gabe was so ill-advised it is unfathomable. Plus, it just added to to implication that Cat is indeed a ….slut.

18. Darkchief117 says:

Dammit why do they have to move Supernatural to Wednesday they could just put izombie on wednesday instead…I’m not happy about this at all.

19. Robert/Nick: Many thankssuggestions. I might have an interest to check on regarding just about any advantages towards your SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION activities when this really is integrated.

20. Barbara ackerman says:

Why so long there must be a reason for the long wait for beastie lovers well wait no matter how long yu won’t put us off of loving our vincat jay and kristin

21. njmc says:

Some of us would watch Supernatural if you put it on at 1:00 a.m. on a weekend night. We are called true fans of the show. And both men & women watch it in this house. We have been there since day one, & if still alive will be there until the end. Thanks to the CW and everyone in the cast & crew for all they do for all us who really love the show. You are all appreciated!

• sarahjay55 says:

Some of us in Europe are 18 months behind (season 9 just premiered in the UK last week) so have to find *other ways* to keep up to date, and watch every week at 2am!

22. ninamags says:

Damn, I just realized that our little show that could is going to be up against Empire???!!

Yikes. Well, I’ll just record Empire and record and watch Supernatural live.

23. Guest(Real name won't be revealed until i say so) says:

To quote Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson from WWE, FINALLY The CW has announced their midseason schedule! Let’s begin with iZombie, shall we? Wow it has a great chance of survival because it has a big lead-in but the only doubt i have is it has to take on NCIS New Orleans on CBS, Agents of Shield on ABC, and the comedies on Fox and NBC so i’m not entirely sure if it will survive or not but we shall see. Supernatural is back on Wednesdays after Arrow(BTW congrats on the 4th season renewal) fans will follow it anywhere even when it was on the Friday Night Death Slot. Speaking of Friday, CW, CBS, etc even though you’re not going to listen to me i need to say this. Word of advice, (yelling) you don’t put a midseason show new or old on the Friday Night Death Slot and expect it to survive! The Messengers on fridays?! Against Shark Tank(the king of friday nights), Grimm, and Hawaii Five 0?! What sense does putting a new show midseason or not on friday does that make?! It’s like you want to kill it and in my honest opinion if any show needed to put on friday it should be/should have been Reign, but you don’t to take my word for it. The Messengers has no chance of survival whatsoever because of the position it’s in. Those are my thoughts about The CW midseason schedule.

24. bablyn says:

this long hiatus of BATB is killing its world wide fan based. =(

• Barbara ackerman says:

We must not let our fan base go we love vincat and will wait for its return no matter or how long it will be worth it I’m sure

25. Drew says:

Supernatural always worked with Arrow, so this doesn’t bother me.

26. melissa says:

Why cant they leave supernatural alone I like it on Tuesday s

27. debi says:

I have watched SPN since day 1 and will follow my boys anywhere! Are the powers that be testing us? Why change days in the middle of a season? Makes nooooo sense!! But they’ll never get rid of me!

28. I’m just glad they’ve been renewed can’t wait

29. Just glad supernatural has been renewed can’t wait

30. ladyvirgo says:

Can’t wait for I zombie show.

31. Jasmine Ismail says:

I know I like the flash and all but what really got me excited was what’s coming after I liked having both my shows on the same night but now spn is on Wednesdays and there’s always to much going on on Wednesdays

32. Karyn Hilton says:

Why do they want to move Supernatural. It seems to me it’s one of their best shows. iZombie does not look good to me…the gal who works in the morgue looks like she belongs there on a table, who looks like that in real life and would be hired for such a job. I know this is all ‘Syfy’, etc. But, I am not too interested in watching iZombie. Why would they want to get rid of SN? Jensen and Jared are great, some of the shows are really good, I know the religion part lost them some viewers which is to bad. I have a religion, and I try to remember this is a show, they are trying something different, and not get insulted. Wed. night had nothing to do with religion, and it was a pretty tame episode. Go SN, don’t let them get you down. I know 10 years is a long time, but I hope you keep on truckin’.

33. SL says:

Not too concerned with supernatural move because it was on Wednesday paired with arrow before so I’m good. Supernatural has been placed on everyday during its long run and still does well and I’m glad. Unfortunately not interested in New show so I can go back to my regular watching of ncis on Tuesday.

34. Dave says:

Why on my guide it doesn’t show THE MESSENGERS and WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY on the CW it shows repeats of it? Please Reply

35. Bruni Flammia says:

Woot woot Yay izombie is picking up! I love this show and the cast. The writers and directors are phenomenal. Rose is an amazing actress! Best show on the cw!