Ratings: Mom Hits Series Highs; Season Highs for Parenthood and Elementary

Mom Ratings High

CBS’ Mom this Thursday night drew 12.3 million total viewers and a 2.8 demo rating, rising 23 and 22 percent from its previous, holiday-season outing to hit series highs in both measures.

Opening the Eye’s night, Big Bang Theory (17.8 mil/4.5) rose 15 percent, delivering a best-since-premiere audience. Two and a Half Men (10 mil/2.2) was up 15 percent, while The McCarthys (8 mil/1.7) gained 14 percent and a tenth. Elementary (8.4 mil/1.4) grew 10 percent and a tenth to hit and tie season highs.

Elsewhere….

NBC | Versus their New Year’s Day outings, The Biggest Loser (5 mil/1.3) surged some 40 percent, Bad Judge (3.1 mil/0.8) rose 48 and 60 percent and A to Z (2 mil/0.6) swelled some 50 percent. Parenthood kicked off its final salvo with 4.6 million viewers — its largest audience since its fall 2013 premiere — and a 1.4 rating, up a tenth from its fall finale to match its season high.

FOX | American Idol (11 mil/3.0) was down 18 and 23 percent from its year-ago Night 2, yet saw its best Night 1-to-Night 2 demo retention in six years.

ABC | The Taste (3.2 mil/0.9) rose 14 and 29 percent from its New Year’s Day outing.

1. Boiler says:

Great for Elementary!! I know its because HTGAW not new but the fans are still there

2. Tran says:

Mom still rocks this season even though Anna Faris and Allison Janney did good co-hosting the PCAs. Last night’s Parenthood was the best if not one of the best hours on television I’ve ever seen and now it’s down to the final three episodes.

3. Michelle says:

Nice spin of the numbers for Idol. It’s a lot easier to maintain a high Night 1-Night 2 retention, when Night 1 numbers are down significantly from where they were 6 years ago. Thus the “accomplishment”.

4. herman1959 says:

The McCarthys is a great little show that I always forget about – I’m so caught up in Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder. When ABC returns to new episodes, I don’t know how The McCarthys will do but maybe it can be changed to another night.

5. kmw says:

Exactly, nice spin on numbers for Idol, great for FOX that they got 11 million viewers and 3.0 demo, but in reality CBS beat them good last night. Two more weeks and Backstrom is on after Idol. Right now I cannot even imagine Backstrom retaining even HALF of Idols numbers. CBS keeps on rolling, and very surprised and happy for Parenthoods numbers

6. kn1231 says:

I really like The Taste, and have watched the past 3 seasons. One thing I will say is that the mentoring is a bit of a joke, at least in the case of Nigella. I have tried to root for her but she makes too many poor decisions. Too many times I find myself yelling at the TV when she says something, or makes what everyone knows is a bad decision (ex: make a dessert for a holiday dish when we all know that is not going to be chosen as the best). The show is far too predictable. If the show is renewed (probably won’t happen) I suggest they find a new female mentor, some one who knows how to play the game better and can compete.

7. TVSERIESADDICT says:

YES! So happy for Mom especially after that hilarious episode. Allison Janney used awesome advertising methods at the PCA’s!

8. HAP says:

Farris and Janney are a dynamite combo. I can see Mom going on for years to come.

9. hemojr says:

That Elementary episode was gawd-awful. The wheel was turning, but the hamster was dead.