Bates Motel Gets Season 3 Premiere Date at A&E

Make your reservations now: Bates Motel will reopen its doors for Season 3 on Monday, March 9 at 9/8c, A&E announced Friday.

Per the network, Bates‘ third season focuses on “the evolution of the Bates family and dives head first into Norman’s waning ability to stay in denial about what’s happening to him and the lengths he will go to gain control of his fragile psyche.”

As for Mama Bates, she’ll be extra wary of her son as he becomes more and more of a — dare we say it? — psycho.

Guest stars checking in at Bates this season include Revolution‘s Tracy Spiridakos, Sons of Anarchy‘s Ryan Hurst, Mad Men‘s Kevin Rahm and Joshua Leonard of The Blair Witch Project.

The cabler will also debut its original drama The Returned on March 9 at 10/9c. From executive producers Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Raelle Tucker (True Blood), the Resurrection-esque series — based on France’s original adaptation — zeroes in on a small town that is forever changed when local residents, long presumed dead, suddenly reappear.

The Returned stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Smashed), Mark Pellegrino (The Tomorrow People) and Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory), to name a few.

Excited for more Bates Motel? Planning to check out The Returned? Hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. alistaircrane says:

It’s funny, the premiere date was revealed in last week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly (the Winter TV preview issue), yet no one seemed to pick up on it. Even the Bates Motel Facebook claimed not to know the premiere date even though it had already been printed and published.

2. Jenn says:

Because A&E does not care about this show! it only cares about the reality crap it airs. I bet this will be it’s last season and It will end on a cliff hanger…

• Ken says:

With A&E’s track record of dumping shows without giving the producers time to craft series finales, i believe that A&E will eventually do the same to BM. And BM shoots episodes so far in advance before any of their episodes air, it would be hard for them rectify any abrupt cancellation that A&E will most likely do. However, since Bates Motel is their highest profile show with name recognition, top quality award caliber actors and critical acclaim, i think when that day comes, there will be multiple avenues (most likely Netflix) ready to jump on the opportunity and take Bates Motel for future seasons.

• Matt C. says:

Considering that last fall, A&E signed a 3-year development deal with Bates’ creator/EP Carlton Cuse, I don’t think the show is going anywhere anytime soon. And if it is, it won’t be an abrupt, unexpected cancellation. The network would give the team enough notice to write a proper ending.

3. R.O.B. says:

Holy crap, A&E – will you PLEASE put season 2 on On Demand or Netflix already? I have every episode on my DVR and haven’t been able to watch them for months because the first episode was apparently pre-empted by a basketball game. I refuse to pay $4 to rent one episode of a TV show, sorry. I’ll go to McDonalds and buy insurance from StateFarm if that makes you happy, though.

• scb says:

Last year they put the first season of Bates Motel on Netflix in February, so it’ll probably be the same this year too with season 2.

4. Matt C. says:

Bates Motel is my favorite show! So glad we finally have a release date. I’ve been missing Vera Farmiga on my TV screen.

Also excited for The Returned, mostly because of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

5. Ro says:

Love, love, love Bates Motel!

6. Bill says:

Can’t wait, but I get the bad feeling that A&E will cancel it after the season ends

7. Joey Padron says:

can’t wait for Bates Motel new season! may check out The Returned.

8. Et al says:

Like many people here, I assume Bates will be canceled at the end of this season and be replaced by a reality show about married siblings who raise their 30 web-footed children to be good Christian hunters. On the positive side, at least we have already have the series finale of Bates Motel available courtesy of Mr. Hitchcock ;)

9. Angelia says:

Love this show Norma reminds me of myself when she get mad!

10. Donna says:

I just recently decided to watch the show and i had know idea what i was missing…i watched season one and two in three days, i just couldnt stop watching. I cant wait for season three… Never once got bord with any episode! EVERYONE DID A GREAT JOB! Thank you all for giving me my new favorite show!

11. Ben Wilson says:

Awesome can’t wait for season #3

12. KRISTEN says:

YEAHHHHHHH!

13. Andrew W. says:

Olivia Cooke is my inspiration in what I want this world to be.

14. An entirely new take on an old classic movie that keeps me on the edge of my seat every season, and thinking about the last episode until the next one comes on!!

15. Debra Elgin says:

Please forgive me because I do not know Norman real name. I was unaware that in real life he had accent. I think he pulls offs an American accent very well. Congrats.

16. Valerie says:

Bates Motel is the first show I have looked forward to watching in a long time!! It is amazing and never fails to surprise and amaze. Keep this show on for years-please!!!!!!

17. Shirley Livingston says:

Love this show…it is so interesting! Love the characters and story line. Cant wait for Mondays!

18. Marilyn says:

Why, oh why, do they give us 10 shows per season? I just get into it and puff it’s gone for another year!! If I didn’t love it so much I would not watch it out of protest for their apparent disdain for us the viewing public. Marilyn from Oregon

19. Pam Vaughn says:

I love watching this show due to the drama, even though I am not a drama person. I love watching the sheriff and the cast was picked very well to play their parts. Can’t wait to watch it in March!