Cinemax Slots Strike Back for Summer, Reveals Details on Final Season

Strike Back Season 4 Summer 2015

Holding court at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday, Cinemax threw Strike Back fans a bone by narrowing the premiere date for the delayed fourth and final season down to “summer 2015.”

The high-octane action-drama typically fires off its new episodes in the summer, but production on Season 4 was paused for six months when series star Sullivan Stapleton, who plays Sgt. Damien Scott, sustained a serious, injury off-set in February 2014.

The pay cabler also released the logline for the final season, including casting details:

Damien Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) and Michael Stonebridge (Philip Winchester), along with the rest of Section 20, are enlisted to crack a missing-persons case in Bangkok. This elite undercover unit of British intelligence quickly realizes that what seems on the surface to be a simple kidnapping is actually the first step in a massive terrorist plot with global implications. Scott, Stonebridge and the team crisscross Asia and Europe, battling Japanese Yakuza, Russian Mafia, cyberterrorists, elite mercenaries and other deadly forces. Series regulars Robson Green, Michelle Lukes and Milauna Jackson also return for the season; new cast members include Michelle Yeoh, Will Yun Lee, Dustin Clare, Max Beesley and Michael McElhatton.

Cinemax also set a “fall 2015” premiere timetable for Season 2 of The Knick.

1. m3rcnate says:

LOVE this show…all shows that use guns and fighting and military tactics need to watch this show and emulate it. As someone who is very critical of how guns are shot, held, reloaded, sound and how the characters do all of those things (realistically or very “Hollywoody”) this show is perfection.

Oh and im in love with Michelle Lukes. :D Shes the best.

• Hi m3rcnate, I’m a great fan of this series, and series that involve guns and terrorism. Kindly recommend any new or old series that comes close to strike back, apart from 24, crisis and Hostages or even Banshee & Blacklist. I’m waiting
      Thanks

• Rahul Agarwal says:

The unit is good..watch that

• Why is Strike Back only running for 5 short season. That’s crazy more and more people are watching it. 24 ran for 8-9 seasons. I would love to see SB do the same. Great show, great action. Its the only reason i watch Cinemax!

• coz season 5 is the final mission, it has to end some time, double bill tomorrow episode 9 and 10 then thats it, no more but i was chatting to the lads on twitter telling me you never no what will happen when me and my good buddy michael so maybe thats telling me there be a season 6, never no.

2. I’m really excited about the new SB season! I thought it was going to come back on April, but I can wait a couple more months. I see the tradition of having GOT “villains” on the show will continue! Nice to see Dustin Clare as a new castmember too!

3. will says:

Yes! This and Banshee looking forward to.

4. J says:

Gannicus! I wonder if he’s gonna be the bad guy. Sounds like there’s gonna be a lot of hand-to-hand combat this season.

5. SB fan says:

Dustin Clare!!! Yes! Can’t wait to see him deal it out on SB.

6. Pati says:

I love this show it is my favorite and Phillip Winchester is my celebrity Crush I love him. So sad its ending whyyy? And now Dustin Clare is joining the cast, that’s awsome, really looking forward for this show’s return.

• James says:

The shows ending due to production costs, real stunt shows with little CGI are now almost extinct, we should be thankful to Europe especially France, who continue the art.

7. janet murphy says:

so gutted this show is ending !!!!!!!!!!!

8. bytemebill says:

Love, love, love this show! New guest roster sounds awesome, too! Heal up quick, Sully!

9. abbeylincson says:

am a Nigerian fan can’t wait for continuation of the show.
    Asia terrorist let’s see how u will resist section 20

10. Can’t believe this is the final season! Makes me wonder if someone was injured or if they are holding back to make the final season that much more dramatic? Either way, I can’t wait to resume this show! My favorite by the way!

11. Hashi says:

Love dz move n actors (specially Michel :) ) so much….

12. joanne says:

Love Strike Back, brilliant show so looking forward to watching the last season, Actually when I first read that they were cancelling it, I really couldn’t believe it, honestly thought it will go for ages. so it was abit of a shock.
    Cinemax has some really brilliant shows, also love Banshee.

13. Jesse says:

I don’t watch a lot of tv shows, but I am completely vested in this show! Love watching and wished it would stick around a couple more years, break some records!!

14. Wolf says:

It’s the FIFTH (5) you idiots…

15. david Ross says:

why don’t you just tell us when season 5 is on? please

16. daveross2509 says:

sky tv keeps coming on with strikeback season 5 coming soon this month. so we now have the month which is may, just the date now

17. Jena Cornell says:

Will look forward to the 4th season!

18. paul bayliss says:

Who paid for Strike Back, sky(uk) or Cinemax

19. Nigel says:

What is the world coming too! They actually make a series that’s worth watching and more and more people are getting to hear about this brilliant must watch spectuacal. Have watching numbers declined ? No they keep increasing! So stop being arses and bring back more series,the viewing public will let you know when to stop!