Golden Globe 'Spoilers': The Good Wife, Jane the Virgin Poised to Win Big

Golden Globe Predictions

Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards may be airing on NBC, but CBS and The CW will walk off with the top TV awards  Sunday night, per my trusty kudos-obsessed crystal ball.

Yep, sources close to my gut tell me exclusively that The Good Wife will capture the top drama prize, while rookie sensation Jane the Virgin will nab best comedy.

But those are only two of the surprises the Hollywood Foreign Press Assoc. has in store at the 72nd annual ceremony.

Scroll through the gallery below to view my complete Globes forecast, as well as my choices for who should win. Then hit the comments with your own Golden predictions. And then make a date with TVLine Sunday evening for complete coverage of Hollywood’s biggest, booziest night.

(BTW, I’ll be taking my standard 75 percent cut of any office pool winnings.)

1. Jeremy says:

Spoilers? WTF is this?

• Kate says:

Did you actually read this? He makes it pretty clear that these are his predictions, not actual spoilers.

• Jeremy says:

Then what’s with the “click-baity” title?

• Dude says:

Some information must be leaking though because this is the third article Ive read that says “sources say Jane the Virgin will win big” I hope they’re right.

• Kate says:

Again, these are guesses only. Read carefully. Mike says “sources close to my gut,” AKA just his predictions. Golden Globes results do not actually leak.

• S. says:

You can talk to members of the Hollywood Foreign Press, There aren’t that many, it’s just that taking a feel of the room is possible before the awards. Gold Derby does that all the time. They’ve got predictions down to a science.

• James says:

And the title has the word Spoilers in apostrophes. That’s already a hint.

2. HAP says:

If Allison Tolman wins, it will just serve to point out the bonehead move made by the producers of Fargo in moving the setting of seaon two back several decades and firing much of the cast of season one including Tolman and Colin Hanks.

• johnhelvete says:

Disagree strongly. Allison Tolman was fantastic in season 1 but the concept of the show is a different cast/setting each season, and they are attracting an interesting cast for season 2. TV does not have to be the same cast for 7 seasons.

3. ... says:

The fact that Lisa Kudrow wasn’t nominated for a Golden Globe is a joke. Gina Rodriguez? Please.

• Jeremy says:

Totally agree.

• LT says:

Clearly you haven’t seen Gina’s work….I’m all for Lisa being included, but not for Gina to be out of the category.

• Dude says:

Nope. Kudrow is fantastic but Gina is perfect. She earned this.

• S. says:

I honestly teared up from The Comeback. Loved it. As far as the GGs, they are into fresh and new if possible. Gina is apparently doing a good job on her show which is in danger of non-renewal. I haven’t seen it but I saw a clip or two of Jane the Virgin after a being highly confused after the noms came out. I actually thought I’d need to check it out based on that. She seems to have some ability.

4. Probably your most optimistic predictions to date – usually you have will and should win as different people. Jane the Virgin to make clean sweep please HFP :)

5. Lauren says:

I was very skeptical about Jane, awful name and was not keen on the premise. However after reading reviews I gave it a go, its brilliant so funny and heart warming. Hoping it clean sweeps the awards :)

6. Sandy Jones says:

jan the virgin dumbest show on tv

7. Jared says:

Jane the Virgin deserves some Golden Globes love for Best Comedy and Best comedy actress for Gina Rodriguez.

8. Fx says:

Jane is ok. Not really the best comedy out there but they probably want to expose some rookie sensation just like last year’s B99 nom and win. The CW must be thrilled anyway.

9. Spence says:

I’m not saying she should or will win, but I would just like to say how much Joanne deserves her nod this year. Her portrayal of Anna dealing with her rape on Downton was arguably the most captivating part of season 4 (even though it dragged on in places).

10. Amie says:

Hoping you’re right about a Good Wife win as Best Drama.

11. All I want is for Matt Bomer to win, so, fingers crossed.

12. Columbus says:

Am in love with Jane The Virgin. Terrific show and Gina is great.

13. Dude says:

God I hope your right. Gina is the most delightful actress on television.

14. Jenna says:

I am looking forward to seeing Matthew Goode work the room seeing as he is part of 3 different nominated casts but he must sit up front with The Imitation Game for optimal exposure. I hope Boyhood takes home the big one though.

15. puck says:

The fix is in.

16. KevyB says:

This season is The Good Wife’s worst season and it’s poised to win? Pure idiocy.

• Jenna says:

I don’t think it’s the worst season but definitely not the best either. Season 5 was so superior to season 6 but the Golden Globes count the calendar year? It’s interesting that the show is garnering a lot of attention now. It’s almost like it is the best of what’s left now that Breaking Bad had ended and Mad Men made a mess of its scheduling.

17. TVSERIESADDICT says:

I’ll give it a go at this predictions thing;
    Drama Series – The Good Wife OR The Affair (Could go either way)
    Drama Actress – Viola Davis
    Drama Actor – Dominic West
    Comedy or Musical Series – Jane the Virgin OR Orange is the New Black (Could go either way)
    Comedy or Musical Actress – Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Comedy or Musical Actor – Jeffrey Tambor
    TV-Movie or Miniseries – Fargo OR The Normal Heart (Could go either way)
    TV-Movie or Miniseries Actress – Allison Tolman OR Jessica Lange (Could go either way)
    TV-Movie or Miniseries Actor – Martin Freeman
    Series, TV-Movie or Miniseries Supporting Actress – Allison Janney
    Series, TV-Movie or Miniseries Supporting Actor – Colin Hanks

18. anne says:

hoping for the good wife and orange win!

19. Eli Edwards says:

I can’t believe you honestly think that Gina Rodriguez as an actress deserves this award over the likes of the great living tv actress: JLD. Insanity.

20. goldilocksloves says:

HA EW just came out with their will win/should win picks and I had to laugh, because even when they didn’t pick who Ausiello picked, they added a sentence or statement with his pick and why they could win. It’s almost like they had to be different on some but really think Ausiello is right, but his picks came out first and they couldn’t be the same.

21. Guest says:

Jane the virgin is yet another Ugly Betty, both shows are terrible and overrated. There are worthier, more deserving nominees who can scoop these awards than Gina and JTV…
    And The good wife really!! That show is a drag..

22. Denise says:

I hope your predictions about The Good Wife and Jane The Virgin are right! Love them both. Though I could accept either Game of Thrones or Orange is the New Black.