The Flash Tangles With Spartacus Star Liam McIntyre as New Weather Wizard

Liam McIntyre The Flash Weather Wizard

Spartacus‘ leading man is causing quite a storm on The Flash.

Liam McIntyre (Spartacus: War of the Damned) has been cast as Mark Mardon, the new Weather Wizard, on the CW series, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor appears in Episodes 15 and 16 when Mark returns to Central City to get justice for his brother Clyde’s death at the hands of Detective Joe West. Just as his sibling could control the weather, Mark will use his powers to go on a rampage to find Joe.

McIntyre is the first Spartacus alum to guest on The Flash, while several have visited the spinoff’s mothership show Arrow, including Manu Bennet (as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke), Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller), Katrina Law (Nyssa) and Nick Tarabay (Captain Boomerang).

The Flash returns with a new episode on Tuesday, Jan. 20 at 8/7c.

1. Yani says:

Please, please, please, bring Dustin Claire (Gannicus) to any of the shows and make him a regular. And Peter Mensah (Oenomaus/Doctore) too! :3

• wrstlgirl says:

Oh geezzzzz. Dustin Claire and/or Dan Feuerriegel would be spectacular. Sad that “Agron” hasn’t done much, if anything, since Spartacus.

• Yani says:

I totally forgot about Dan Feuerriegel (Agron)… Shame on me!!! ‘Spartacus’ was so full of talent that it’s hard to pick just one of the cast members, but my top three are definitely Dustin Clare, Peter Mensah and Dan Feuerriegel.

• espy88 says:

We’d just need Saxa and Nasir to complete the set.

• Sam says:

I want to like this a thousand times. Gannicus is my favorite TV slut. Give Dustin Clare a chance to shine his amazingness.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Gratitude!!

3. BGM says:

Yes, please bring Dan Feuerriegel to The Flash or Arrow!

4. Eliza says:

Yay! Since I love, love, love the Spartacus cast I’ve been very happy that many are popping up on Arrow.
    I was waiting for Liam McIntyre to join in!
    And I agree with others – please find something for Dan Feuerriegel, Dustin Clare & Peter Mensah :)

5. theschnauzers says:

Both Arrow and The Flash have been stocking up on cast members from Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Spartacus, and if I recall rightly there have even been a couple of Friday Night Lights alumni in there as well. All quality shows that have had quality casts, and speaks well of how TPTB on Arrow.Flash have been casting regulars, recurring and guest stars all along,
    I’m trilled to see Liam McIntrye join in.

6. This-Is-Sparta says:

I love this guy. I wish he will be a regular

7. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

What about the other Weather Wizard guy? His brother is dead so he takes up the name and goes on robbing banks? It seems weird that 2 brothers struck by comic rays have the same metahuman power. (non-comic book reader)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

They were in the same plane, in the same storm, when hit by lightning.

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Thanks for responding.

I can believe weird personality/environmentally linked metahuman powers but the idea of 2 brothers in the same accident having exactly the same power seems too ridiculous to me. Will his powers be exactly the same as his brother’ or slightly different?

8. Jack says:

The Aussie and New Zealand macho men certainly impress.