Ratings: Broke Girls, Molly and NCIS: LA Hit Highs, Bachelor Hits Premiere Low

NCIS LA Ratings

CBS’ Monday line-up is having a very good year thus far, opening 2015 with a slew of superlatives.

Leading off the night, 2 Broke Girls returned to 9.1 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating, up 16 and 14 percent to hit and tie season highs. Mike & Molly (9.6 mil/2.2) in turn rose 15 and 22 percent to hit season highs.

Scorpion (12.1 mil/2.4) was up 20 percent, drawing its largest audience since Sept. 29. NCIS: LA then did 11.6 mil and a 1.9, up 22 and 19 percent to hit and tie season highs — as well as give CBS its largest audience in the time slot since Sept. 2013 (Under the Dome).

Elsewhere….

FOX | Gotham (6.9 mil/2.5) returned up 13 percent and two tenths, drawing its largest audience since Sept. 29 and hitting a three-month demo high. Sleepy Hollow (4.5 mil/1.6) ticked up one tenth.

NBC | The Celebrity Apprentice (6.6 mil/2.1) slipped two tenths from Sunday’s premiere. (That said, its numbers trumped every episode of the previous, Spring 2013 season.) State of Affairs (4.5 mil/1.0) was flat.

ABC | Three whopping hours of The Bachelor averaged 7.7 mil and a 2.2, down a tenth from its year-ago opener to hit an all-time premiere low.

1. MK says:

There’s something about sll these up numbers that just seems “off”

2. Dean says:

Wow NCIS: LA doesn’t seem completely dead anymore, yeah blacklist and castle weren’t on but still a nice rebound. State of affairs is a goner.

3. Tran says:

Last night’s 2 Broke Girls episode was the best if not one of the best episodes of the season and the fight scene in the dye room was pure Lucy-esque. Really hope 2BG gets renewed for Season Five but I hate to wonder if CBS is thinking about moving the Kat Dennings-Beth Behrs sitcom to Thursdays next season perhaps a lead-in with Big Bang Theory. As for State of Affairs, I’m still hooked since the beginning and it really turns into more or less of a soap opera like series.

4. Boiler says:

Still can’t believe so many people watch Apprentice and Bachelor. Perfect example of dumbing down of America. Glad CBS did well. Agree 2BG last night hilarious and Scorpion a great new show

• TL says:

While I agree APPRENTICE and BACHELOR are perfect examples of the dumbing down of America, but c’mon…you have to put 2BG in there too! That show is pretty low common denominator stuff.

• Tran says:

In my opinion, 2 Broke Girls is one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in years because of its two female leads: Kat Dennings & Beth Behrs. It also has a passionate fan base.

• Joe says:

The main characters story was funny , the Sophie story was cringe worthy

• Simone says:

I’m sure the physical attributes of the two female leads plays a big part of its popularity. Not on the merits of the show as being funny. It’s pretty much low brow as most of CBS’s comedies.

• Boiler says:

TL, personally I love 2BG but as a scripted show it caters to what you like and if you don’t that’s great. I don’t particularly care for the shows that are comic related like Flash, Arrow, etc. but people do and it doesn’t bother me. I just think Apprentice and Bachelor/Bachelorette are embarrasing and why people go thru that or watch them amazes me.

Joe, I do agree on Sophie though. A little less of her would be great

5. Gerri says:

I generally like The Bachelor, and I like Chris, but on principal I decided not to watch. 3 HOURS. That is just trying too hard. I like to think the ratings were down because others felt the same way.
    But Gotham and Sleepy Hollow were my priority last night. Both were great.

6. kmw says:

Good news for Gotham and Sleepy Hollow, although I know they have repeats next week. CBS keeps on rolling along, but Castle is back next week and NCIS LA will not be that high. State of Affairs keeps on sinking. I also do not like reality shows so maybe people are getting sick of the Bachelor(although 3 hours was probably too much for some), and Celebrity Apprentice I just don’t get.

7. JC says:

Great for Gotham and the CBS shows!! Still surprised SH is losing so many demo ratings points from its lead in but it has been a disappointing s2 so far. Good numbers for Scorpion – it’s my fave new easy watching show, and I love the cast and characters <3

8. Liz says:

Glad to see NCIS:LA is doing better. It’s a good show.

9. Pat says:

I watch CBS on Monday nights. My two favorite shows are NCIS LA and Scorpion. Mike and Molly is my favorite comedy on this night. I also love Sleepy Hollow but I DVR this to watch the next day along with Castle. Thank goodness for DVRS and on DEMAND!!

10. JM says:

So happy for Gotham! Still crossing my fingers for a second season!

11. DavidSask says:

When is State of Affairs getting cancelled already?!

12. DavidSask says:

Add me to the list of less Sophie on 2BG. Sophie is grating, overkill, and ridic storyline for stretched premise show.