Glee Season 6 Premiere: Tears, Splits, Returns and More McKinley Scoop

Glee Season 6 Spoilers

Glee‘s sixth (and final) season is packed with shocking breakups, long-overdue makeups and plenty of shakeups — and that’s just in the first two hours.

TVLine got an early look at the Fox comedy’s Jan. 9 return (8/7c), and we’ve got 10 spoiler-y nuggets to help tide you over until the final season begins.

Ready? Let’s do this…

1. Rachel’s flop of a TV career isn’t the only crushing disappointment she experiences.

2. One couple will go from rock-solid to on-the-rocks within the first 10 minutes — and possibly stay that way.

3. The gang stages an intervention for a struggling friend.

4. Two words: Carrot. Top.

5. The surprising nature of Karofsky’s return will elicit strong reactions from longtime fans. (For example: “What the [insert expletive of choice here]?!”)

Glee Season 6 Spoilers6. One of Rachel’s biggest haters returns… slushie in hand.

7. Finn gets a heartwarming — or heartbreaking, depending on how you see it — mention, courtesy of Mr. Schue.

8. The Unholy Trinity reunites in a big, some might say “Problem”atic, way.

9. One of the former newbies — think Marley-era — crawls out of the woodwork for an ugly confrontation.

10. At least three characters bawl their eyes out over the course Season 6’s first two hours.

All right, Gleeks, it’s time to weigh in: What are you hoping to see in Glee‘s final season? Drop a comment with your fears and theories below.

1. sam says:

Can’t wait for this show to end.

2. I would insert What the F**ck blainosky
    Like Blaine would date Kurt’s former bully, it’s BS and OOC

• Pedro says:

Kurt and Karofsky had made amends long ago. He understood Karofsky was going through internalised homophobia. They were even friends.

• Joey says:

Yeah, but that doesn’t explain why Blaine would date Dave. Blaine and Dave’s last confrontation was (I believe) in A Night of Neglect, though Dave saw Blaine and Sebastian dancing in The First Time, and that confrontation in ANoN wasn’t all that great.

3. KC says:

I can’t wait for these final 13 episodes – they are going to be so good! Bring it on!
    Although I am sad it’s ending so soon.

4. Kaley says:

“The surprising nature of Karofsky’s return will elicit strong reactions from longtime fans. (For example: “What the [insert expletive of choice here]?!”)” — Hell yes. Blaine dating the guy who spent years bullying Kurt is certainly going to elicit strong reactions. What a sick thing for the writers to do! Unfortunately I am very afraid that we will still see Kurt and Blaine get back together later even if it is just horrible that Kurt would want to be again with a person who dated his bully.

• Shaz says:

It wasn’t YEARS bullying Kurt, it was months, if that.

• Rachel Scott says:

Everyone keeps mentioning the bully issue, but didn’t Kurt forgive Dave, so what makes it so terrible that Blaine would date him?

• Angela says:

It’s one thing to forgive someone for what they’ve done to them. If Kurt managed to find forgiveness for Karofsky, then fantastic. And if Karofsky is turning his life around, and getting help for his past struggles, then that’s also great. I’m fully supportive of redemption stories.
        But speaking personally, if someone I knew/had an intimate relationship with had been horribly bullied and threatened, I wouldn’t exactly be jumping at the chance to date the person who’d made the life of somebody I cared about so miserable, even if said bully has changed for the better. It’d just be too awkward and weird. I would appreciate said bully’s redemption and change, and applaud it, but I’d think they need some time to adjust to their changes instead of a relationship.
        But again, that’s just my personal take. *Shrugs*

• Pedro says:

Kurt and Karofsky had made amends long ago… He understood Karofsky was going through internalised homophobia. They were even friends.

• Angela says:

And that’s fine. And good. I’m glad they were able to work past that stuff and start anew, I think that’s a healthy step forward for both of them.
            I’d still personally feel weird about dating someone like Karofsky regardless, though, if I were in Blaine’s shoes. It’d just feel…awkward somehow, or something.

• Susan tenentes says:

Because Blaine has no chemistry with Dave, and I love Kurt and Blaine together. I wanted them to be happy and get married, and now this?

• Stine lise says:

I think Blaine just “white him /together ” to make him jealous and karofsky playing along because he wants to help. I don’t think they’re dating. No way in hell

• Ddragon64 says:

Kurt and Karofsky were last seen as friends as Kurt helped Karofsky get over his fears of being ‘out’. I’m pretty sure Kurt has forgiven him. If anything, I think Blaine and Kurt could’ve broken up because Kurt never really got over Blaine cheating on him or Blaine continued to feel guilty … They rushed into getting engaged.

5. Jamie says:

I hate Blaine and still don’t find it believable he would be such an ass as to date Kurt’s bully. This season is so stupid.

• Nate says:

And yet it hasn’t started yet

• Paul says:

How do you know you’re a hater. You hate a season a week before the first episode

• Fernanda says:

Blaine is the gay alpha, a man whore, but we don’t know how he start a relationship with Karofsky. Maybe it’s just sex with no feelings involve. We know Klaine will return eventually but my biggest concerned is about how is going to end the Karofsky’s journey in Glee. Blaine is the heartthrob of the show but he doesn’t have a moving storyline in the show besides Karofsky and Kurt. Blaine is not a Glee loser, never was for me, Karofsky and Kurt are. When Blaine cries I never believe in him. When Kurt or Karofsky make a big drama scene I am really excited and emotional. I need at least one tender scene with Kurtofsky, both actors are amazing when they working together.

6. Alex M says:

I just hope it goes quickly. I can’t quit now lol.

7. Mena says:

The only part I would care about is Mr Shue’s comment about Finn.

8. abz says:

I read somewhere that they’re planning on having Beiste transitioning from female to male. I have no idea if it’s tie but if it is that’s so stupid IMO. Not because of the transitioning but because the show has spent so muc time already exploring who Beiste is a woman who happens to have masculine qualities. They spent a lot of time working on having her accept herself and who she was an all of a sudden she decides to transition when they wanna give her a story. What happened to all the progress she made over the years with learning to love herself and not changing for anyone and how she’ll fin the right person for her. I’ve always said I would stick with the show till the end because of my love for the core characters but I seriously hope they never put these group of writers together again ever after the show ends. They just write whatever they feel like without analyzing whether or not it makes sense with what has previously been shown on the show.

• Angela says:

Yeah, I like Beiste as she is. I hope that’s just a random rumor.

• Nick says:

What about America Horror Story and Nip/Tuck?

• Tracy says:

I hadn’t heard that rumor and I hope it’s not true but I agree about the writers and producers! They are AWFUL and don’t deserve future support!

• Sil says:

I’ve felt the same way for a long time now. I, personally, will not support anything by these creators and staff. IMO, they’ve ruined wonderful characters and altered what the shows core reasons for the show was about. I will always respect the actors and wish them well in their future endeavors.

9. Jeff says:

I wonder if Finn will be referenced by Will through his new son who I believe has Finn as his middle name. We all know this show isn’t the same anymore but I’m still watching and lookign forward to it out of loyalty.

• Sil says:

I respect you for your loyalty to the show and want to watch Glee. But, for me, if it isn’t good I don’t bother wasting time. It really bothers me to have this feeling because I’ve loved the characters for 3 seasons. It really hurts to see the show fizzle out. And watch the culmination of anticipation and zeal for the show turn into dread and sadness for how it’s evolved into junk TV.

10. Andrea says:

*Sigh* none of this sounds interesting smh. I’m gonna watch this season out of loyalty but I think it’s gonna be terrible. In my mind, show ended after season 3

11. Ronnie says:

I wonder if we’ll find out that Karofsky is the one that Blaine cheated on Kurt with. That would definitely be a WTF moment.

• CA says:

Not that that this show hasn’t done rehistoring of it’s own devices (Like Blaine losing a year in age), they already shared who Blaine cheated with – FB guy that he didn’t really know all that well.

Listen, Klaine fans just need to LET IT GO. This show has so destroyed that relationship that I can see no way they can legitimately have it survive. Which is such a shame, because before the destruction, Kurt and Blaine had a truly wonderful and realistic (as much as Glee can have) relationship.

• Lisa says:

Wow, never thought of that. Kurt and Blaine make me smile. If they are not together I might have to miss Season 6

12. Et al says:

I hope an elderly Dandy shows up in the finale and slashes them all.

13. Jen says:

I mostly just want to see Rachel get owned. Last season sent horrible messages… blow off school and land a Broadway show, immediately after getting to NYC. That character needs a reality check real quick.

14. Rod says:

as a Karofsky fan, I can’t find any appeal in the idea of him and Blaine together… and it doesn’t make any sense, they don’t share any backstory… I used to have hope for the development of that “friendship” which was supposed to be between Dave and Kurt (and no, I never shipped them as a couple!), but then I have to remember than this show doesn’t really care about platonic relationships or any bond deeper than hormonal, it’s all about superficial romance, cheating, love triangles and dumb bs… I haven’t watched the show since season 3 and by the look of things won’t be watching any minute from this final season unless this rumour proves to be false.

• Fernanda says:

As I said before. I need a tender scene with Karofsky and Kurt. Both actors are really amazing in camera, it’s not fare if they start hating each other again because of Blaine. And also I love a Kurtosfky relationship too, and I want one last kiss for both of them. Kurt’s first kiss was a result of Dave bullied him, but it will be a fullcircle of that moment if Kurt kisses him as a forgive or goodbye moment for the characters. I also will lobe the idea about Dave still have feelings for Kurt besides He had something for Blaine. For me Blainofsky is just lust between two horny, lonely and drunk gay guys, not feelings involve.

• Kayeleigh says:

I think your all wrong about that sure that Blaine is gay and I’m just saying that Kurt and Blaine have to get married they belong together more than anyone and I mean that they are the cutest gay guy couple and they have a lot if background history

• Fernanda says:

maybe I’m wrong but I am always Team Kurt. I hate Blaine right now.

• Eliza says:

I agree with Fernanda I mean all Kurt gets anymore is as a side line character for Blaine moments. Not all their history is even that good to start with. So Team Kurt now and never team Blaine or Klaine.

15. Larry says:

I would like to see Unique and Mercedes do a sing off

16. Pam says:

I hope that Glee ends with the same decent and fun show that it started out being. Since Monteith’s death, it has been a downhill slide. I wish drug abuse would have been discussed, especially since that is how he died.

17. Kathy Castro says:

Klaine wedding please

• abz says:

Why are so many people in support of this? Any wedding on this show aside from Will/Emma’s is just plain stupid especially Klaine who don’t even go well with each other. Also to add the fact that they’re only like 19/20 and too young and stupid to be married and were barely ready to live together as we’ve shown previously. This whole thing is stupid and makes no sense.

• Angela says:

I won’t argue there’s a lot of issues those two need to sort out before they even think about marriage, but I wouldn’t use the age argument as a reason why they shouldn’t-some people get married around that age and manage to make it work. My parents had known each other since middle school and began dating in high school, got married when they were 20, and were together 32 years before my dad passed away.
        Not every marriage between young couples works, no, but some do beat the odds.

• abz says:

Yes, that maybe true for your parents, but that was a different time and today, marriage at a young age is not always the wisest thing to do and I don’t know the exact statistic but I’m highly certain a lot of them end in separation. Of course there are those young married couples who make it work, but I don’t think it’s as common.
          These two are not only young, but very stupid as well and are still in the stages of discovering themselves. I know we haven’t seen the sixth season yet, but from what has been revealed about it, the fact that Kurt leaves NYADA to come back to Lima and coach a high school Glee club after working his ass off to get into the prestigious school and do well in in the first place pretty much proves to me that he isn’t making good important life decisions let alone getting married. The both of them are still growing and learning about themselves and having life experiences. This engagement is just a stupid delusion they’ve allowed themselves to believe they’re ready for. Same thing for Brittana which I’ve read rumours about them possible getting engaged. This whole thing is probably so they can do another wedding-themed episode since the show has become obsessed with themed episodes over the years. I guarantee they won’t last.

• Josie says:

Burt and Carole were just fine. In fact, possibly the only relationship on the show they handled well.

• Lisa says:

I want us to think it’s Klaine wedding with the final episode the gang getting ready for Kurt’s wedding. I want Eliott to be waiting at the end of the aisle waiting to wed Kurt. Blaine being happy for them.

• Samcedes wedding please!

18. stuntdevil28 says:

This is clearly gonna suck cos the fall season on fox was already so stupid… I’m gonna miss this show so much… A Quinn Spinoff would be awesome

19. Tracy says:

This all sounds terrible! We haven’t watched to see Rachel fail! We don’t need to see people still getting a slushie in the face! There are few things less entertaining than Carrot Top! Season 6 is going to be TERRIBLE! Anyone hiring Ryan Murphy or Brad Falchuk needs to put a clause in their contracts saying they can be fired because these two guys clearly can’t go the distance with a show! Glee started out great but I predict record lows for the ratings this season!

• ScottJ says:

What distance should they go? Many people don’t stay in the same job for 5 or 6 years, so why should Murphy/Falchuk. Last time I looked slavery was illegal. About all this does is support arguments that shows should not continue indefinitely just because of ratings, and if there isn’t 22 episodes worth of story then don’t make 22 episodes.Its getting close to the point where its physically impossible to make 22 episodes of any hour-long show in a year anyway. How shows could ever make 30-35 episodes a year I don’t know.

• Ddragon64 says:

I wish they had Rachel come back as a minor success after a year vs a flop after just since months in LA. IMHO, it would’ve been getter to have her find success and then have something happen to bring her back to lima (i.e. maybe her Dad’s need help), instead of having her return due to failing in LA.

20. adam says:

I’m hoping we get to see the original newbies come back, at least to let us know where they ended up. Especially, Kitty, Marley, Unique and i’m blanking on the other’s names right now.

21. Josie says:

Dude, no. They’re trying too hard to be relevant. This is like a child screaming “LOOK AT ME!” in the middle of a holiday dinner when all everybody wanted was a nice meal.

22. Fernanda says:

What will happen with Rachel? I’m not ok if the writers make Sam her new boyfriend or boy toy. I enjoy Sam and Mercedes relationship, both are like Shonda Rhimes characters and also Amber Riley is a huge Scandal fan. If I was a Glee writer I put Scandal jokes or references between Sam and Mercedes. Imagine Sam makes impressions of Fitz character and Mercedes wil be his Olivia.

• They did just that in the 2nd episode of Glee. Sam flatly asked Mercedes if she was still a virgin, Indicates he’s still interested and she is still available. The interest has been there lurking underneath all the other drama, as a subplot since the end of Season 2. I’m a “Samcedian” and I wanna know what they plan on doing with that?????

23. Susan dickerman says:

I am hoping quinn and puck are ending up together. And rachel gets someone to love. We can never replace cory monteith. But life goes on. Rachel needs to be happy. Finn would have expected her to be.

24. Kaylercutie says:

Am only interested in Rachel’s part.the others well……..

25. Paula Allen says:

Karovsky was sent to conversion camp and is now fake straight?

26. Matty says:

I just want lots and lots of Mark Salling!

27. Kayeleigh says:

Listen Kurt and Blaine and the perfect couple and need to be together and what better way then to get married and when I saw that they brake upin the 4th season I was devastated they definitely belong together please THEY REALLY NEED TO BE Together married

28. For the first time I’m happy to see so few pictures of Kurt, as he’s the only character I still care about and I want him as far away from this cavalcade of failure as possible. I want him achieving his dream in NY, not forced back to a town he hated and a school that never appreciated him.

29. Rhoda says:

Puckleberry!

30. Natasha says:

Too bad they didn’t think to relate the psychological impact of being the child of a surrogate mother and two gay dads to Rachel’s driven and sometimes ‘anxiously detached’ personality. She could then become a fully REAL young woman and her inner voice could really be allowed to shine!! Nice window into the cost of living your life avoiding your emotional pain.

31. Will says:

If they’re going to throw Blainofsky at us, then we should also get Kurtbastian. Admit it, they’d be hot together.

Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d prefer to wait and see what they’re doing this season before I say if I like it or not. I’d love to see more Karofsky because his arc has so much potential. We’ve seen Kurt’s struggle as an openly gay teen but how many shows have explored an internalized homophobic character? I enjoy watching his journey and actually cried when he attempted suicide.

32. Brittany and Santana should get married :) . Blaine and Kurt should reunite, they were a cute couple <3 :). Rachel should find a new soulmate. And Mercedes and Sam should stay together, also Puck and Quinn should stay together.

33. tea says:

The only show that i watch and the only couple that I have enjoyed is breaking up AGAIN! To top it off, Blaine will date Dave!?!?! Why would they do this?? I hate that we can’t have one relationship on this show that makes us happy! I love this show with a passion, have all the season DVDs (but wont watch season 4 because the horrible break up) but I just don’t think I can watch another season of disappointment! I would rather go to my HS basketball game, sitting by myself like always and still be less depressed than watching this season premiere and the fall out of Klaine and Blaine dating Dave….

• You should know by now that come hell or high water, Blaine & Kurt are endgame. This is all to make the storyline interesting and to make you suffer…..so PLEASE COME BACK. It’s gonna end the way you want – we’re all gonna be happy.

34. Christine says:

I liked Glee but it is coming off the rails this season! The Hurt Locker episode was off the wall. Do not think I can even finish out the season. Ryan has been working to long, it is like he is mixing Glee and American Horror Show in together. Was a good show us “Gleeks” deserve better than this.

35. Susan tenentes says:

Please get Blaine and Kurt back together, and let them get married. I hate the Blaine, and koravasy relationship. They have no chemistry

36. Blaine and Kurt get married!!

37. Carol says:

Kurt and blaine get married

38. Pete says:

I love Glee and have not missed any shows at all but have to say that I hated the first show of season six. What are the writers thinking about? Kurt and Blaine are sole mates and belong together The writers should have shown that young gay school love can last just like any straight couple falling in love while at school. I know of two gay couples who fell in love at school and are still very much in love and still together well after 30 years.