Save the Dates! Your Guide to 125+ January Returns, Debuts and Finales

TV Calendar 2015 January

As you clear out your DVR backlog during this holiday break, rest assured of one thing: A fresh batch of TV goodness is coming at you soon enough.

Thus, TVLine has hand-crafted this handy calendar of return dates (Murder! Arrow! NCIS!), season premieres (Glee! Justified! Looking!) and series debuts (Agent Carter! 12 Monkeys!), peppered with a sprinkling of finales (we’re Kleenex’d and ready, Parenthood).

Here is our round-up of January dates, plus a glimpse at February. (Remember: Once, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Following, Bones and a few others aren’t on until March.) Finales are in bold. Click the thumbnail, save the dates! (Updated Dec. 29)
TV Calendar 2015 January

Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills have never been infallible, so if you spot something that is (theoretically) missing, drop a nice note in Comments and I will (possibly) include it in an update.

1. CBWBDK1 says:

Thanks!

2. Lynne says:

I know it wont be renewed, but has there been any word if Fox is ever going to air the final 3 episodes of Red Band Society???

3. Star Wars: Rebels on January 5th? Girl Meets World on January 16th? Avengers Assemble on January 25th?

4. Lyn says:

REALLY looking forward to Galavant and Downton Abbey. I have a hunch Galavant might be something like Mel brook’s When Things Were Rotten. I hope so, I loved that show. And with Ricky Gervais and Weird Al, what’s not to love?

5. cyrax86 says:

Great, thanks!!! :)

6. Fosho says:

Still no news on Izombie? Or did I miss that somehow? I’m excited for Rob Thomas’s next venture but I’m getting a bad feeling about this show.

7. kmw says:

Yes we know BONES will not be back till MARCH!!! Does not make it any easier to handle. This situation is why FOX needs to get the 10 pm slot away from affiliates . It aggravates me that my show has been pushed off by an extra hour of American Idol. One hour of Idol is enough for anyone. This also means the season of BONES is being pushed into JUNE!!!. Unless season gets short order or they end up airing on two nights in May. Getting a new program director doesn’t seemed to have helped FOX so far. In spite of Emily Deschanel being pregnant and Brennan going to be a mom again as well you have to wonder how many will return to show after so long an absence . Bones has loyal fans so we will see. WAY TOO LONG TO WAIT!!!

8. BH says:

Kroll Show on January 13 and Workaholics on January 14

9. Smigglesby says:

This is the christmas gift I wanted! Thank you!!

10. Chris says:

What about “Shark Tank” on ABC, Matt? And you forgot to add that “Constantine” is having its timeslot premiere on Friday night at 8/7c on NBC, you just have it there like its just back at its regular time, which is not the case! HAPPY HOLIDAYS MATT!!!!!!!

11. Alex says:

Beauty and the Beast?

12. LA Hope says:

Doesn´t CBS show the PCA´s 2015 on January 7th at nine?

13. MyExBFF says:

Gurl, how about Season 7 of RuPaul’s Drag Race? C’mon premiere date…death drops. :-)

14. Mike says:

does anyone know when BBC will air the second half season 2 of Altantis

15. Sheri says:

I love this, thank you. I’m on a kindle and cannot read this. It’s too small. Do you have this in a list form anywhere? Thank you. Love everything you distribute!

16. Dan says:

Don’t forget King of the Nerds on 1-23

17. Switching SAB to Tues and The Mentalist on Wed? I am not liking this esp when The Flash and Arrow return!

18. Gwenna says:

I’m sure I read somewhere (awhile ago) the the full Series One of Outlander was to be
    on Christmas Day…which is today…I have searched everywhere to no avail…Advised
    by my cable company they have no record of it being scheduled…but to check today
    which I have done…Am I becoming delusional ?? April 4th is a long time to wait for 2nd
    Series…If I could buy the video (not available) it would be worn out by now.
    Happy Christmas Day fellow Outlanders !!

• amycorvus says:

There was a marathon scheduled with all episodes available to date. The second half of season 1 returns in April with the new episodes. Just have to be patient a little longer! :)

19. You left out one show – FOX’s World’s Funniest Fails premiering Fri, Jan 16

20. Tanner says:

The Librarians will only go until January 18th? But it just started! Does anyone know if its season was cut in half and the other half will air in the spring or some other time? (i’m new to TNT shows so i don’t know how they schedule or if the do half seasons for a lot of their shows)

21. Jurbd says:

When can you estimate astronaut wives club to start?

22. herman1959 says:

Wait a minute, I thought Jan. 8 was to be Parenthood’s finale, but according to the chart 1/8 is the next to last episode followed by nothing for the next to weeks, THEN the finale on 1/29. Wow, Jason Katims is on my last nerve to the very end!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You are misinterpreting the calendar. This denotes RETURN dates and, in some cases, FINALES — not ALL airings. No human-crafted calendar could possibly capture every airing. Scientists have tried.

• herman1959 says:

Sorry, my mistake – too much Christmas eggnog.

• herman1959 says:

Also, sorry Jason. Wow, this reminds me of those old routines Gilda Radner used to do on SNL we she would get all worked up about a particular issue, then she was told she was wrong and she would say “never mind” and it was so funny. So, NEVER MIND!

• Nana3 says:

Yea walk slowly away from the eggnog Herman. Matt is doing an exceptional job getting the calendar up for us. I appreciate it Matt and so do the others.

23. love says:

How about ‘the last ship ‘ and ‘power’..any ideas?

24. Nana3 says:

Thanks Matt. You should see my calendar. I keep a tv calendar and a list of all the shows I watch on what recorder. The updates you posted make it easier to catch the shows that are coming and going and their new days and times.

25. Shelley says:

You’re always on top of everything, Matt. Thanks for the news. All my favorite shows were mentioned.

26. Imzadi says:

When will Four Weddings come back to TLC? I don’t care if it’s Four Weddings, Four Weddings Canada, or Four Weddings UK (which TV Guide Magazine said would be shown Dec. 25 and January 1–it wasn’t!)

27. KC says:

It has been 8 long months since Glee! I can’t wait for the return on January 9th!!

28. jo jo jo says:

Why is Once out for soooooo long? What future show that will probably be cancelled is taking Onces’ place

29. Eva says:

Am I reading this right, Galavant only gets 4 episodes? That’s not nearly enough to find its footing! Hopefully it will be brilliant for the get go ;)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Incorrect; GALAVANT is airing two half hours per Sunday, for a total of eight episodes. (And it’s amusing in a Princess Bride-lite sort of way; I’m two episodes in so far.)

• c-mo says:

Yay! I’m glad you’re liking it. The promos have looked hilarious and I was getting kind of a Princess Bride vibe…or at least I was hoping that’s what I was getting and not something less than pleasant.

• tigersmurfette says:

why do the previews, atleast the ones i’ve seen, never mention the actor that plays galavant?? is his character so minor that he’s less important than weird al???

• Moment says:

Joshua Sasse isn’t really that well know. If ABC did a promo mentioning his name a lot, most people would say who? of course Galavants important, it’s his show, he’s the lead character.

30. Zoya says:

SHAMELESS!!!

31. kmw says:

Bones has been creative and smart until someone over at FOX or the show decided that David and Emily are not their leads anymore. With the exception of their 200th episode their “leads” have been in only three scenes per episode together. Just because I want Bones to come back sooner doesn’t mean I am not worried about the shows direction. Since 3rd or 4th episode Aubrey has basically become Booths partner and Booth and Brennan do not even look like a couple in love. This is the way the show looked in season 8 but at least then they were real partners. Yes I want the show back sooner but I would like it to come back the way should be Booth and Brennan solving cases TOGETHER and being ROMANTIC with each other. Just because I love the show doesn’t mean I think they haven’t screwed up because they HAVE this year.

32. leigh says:

Hey Matt…any way you can give a hint to the people who run Castle to have them tell the powers that be at ABC to NOT have Castle return against the National Championship Game? PLEASE? This is the third year in a row and it always gets killed in the ratings… Sigh.

33. leigh says:

And not to sound Grinchy but thanks for the calendar. 😊

34. Idalimanz says:

What About The After did Amazon give the Date?

35. Lizo says:

I seriously do not know what I’d do without tvline and your calendars. Thank you thank you.

36. sg says:

The Vikings. I thought I read it was coming back Feb 19th.

37. Abby Lee miller says:

Don’t forget Dance Moms Season 5 airing on Lifetime on the 6th

38. Kimbers says:

Aw, your calendars are great! Not as great as your crossword puzzles, but still great!

39. Missy says:

I can’t wait to see glee . I’m now waiting for season 5 to go on Netflix so, I can rewatch it.

40. GildedRose says:

Looking forward to Arrow returning. Adding it to my calendar so I don’t forget.

41. Hemmen says:

Blue Bloods
    teen Mom 2

42. Ana says:

Do we know anything about CW’s The Messengers?? i’m excited to see the show but there’s no news. :(

43. Alexandra says:

Any word yet on the return of Strike Back?

44. Melanie says:

I have heard FOX is coming out with a new game show titled BOOM! It sounds really interesting. Although FOX has yet to announce any air date. Is this show still a go for FOX, or is it dead in the water?

• acckac says:

I’m wondering about this game show as well. It used to show up as “coming soon” and now it’s gone. Is it not going to be aired?

45. Banshee returning 9 January and hasn’t CSI already returned ?

46. Catherine says:

Yay for a new calendar!

47. dancingA says:

Grantchester on PBS on January 18?

48. Angie says:

Any news on when Lost Girl or Bitten will be back on syfy?

49. Kerrie says:

Thank you for this TV list for January. Perfect.