Sarah Jessica Parker Eyes HBO Comeback in Divorce Comedy

Sarah Jessica Parker Divorce HBO

Onetime Sex partners Sarah Jessica Parker and HBO are looking to reunite by way of Divorce.

TVLine has learned that Parker is nearing a deal to return to the pay cabler as the star of a potential new half-hour comedy series that tells the story of a very, very long divorce.

Parker would play one half of the troubled couple. She is also expected to serve as an exec producer alongside actress-writer Sharon Horgan (who penned the pilot script), Paul Simms, Alison Benson and Aaron Kaplan.

Parker’s possible Divorce pact with HBO comes a decade after Sex and the City ended its six-season run.

1. El says:

I guess she didn’t like Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce and decided to make a referential show on her own to her own. So meta.

• MM says:

Girls Guide to Divorce is an amazing show and i´m glad SJP is not the star. Lisa Edelstein is too perfect for the role to even consider another actress playing it. I don´t know if this one is going to work, i´m just not interested in it.

• El says:

For now no one seem to be interested into Girls Guide to Divorce, the ratings are awful

• The Real El says:

Dear poster who “borrowed” my nick, not that I care:

Well, for one, you seem to be interested enough in this show to make the effort to check its ratings. :) Anyway, it’s cable, the numbers don’t matter that much. I personally don’t like it, but the body of work Ms. Edelstein has produced so far will be enough to bring her Golden Globe nom next year, just mark my words. So some better material will follow.

• El says:

Sorry didn’t try to steal your nick, didn’t even notice it, but my name is Ela which I don’t like so I use El.

I wanted to like GG2D but it’s just so bad, and ratings are fun to check so I don’t see the problem here. And yes it’s cable but the ratings are really low and keep going down episode after episode. A Golden nom for Mr Edelstein..ok that just made me laugh :)

• MM says:

The show is surprinsingly good and I agree about Edelstein doing a golden globe-worthy work but she won´t get a nomination since the show is on Bravo and i don´t see this network getting that kind of love any time soon. If it had been on Showtime or HBO then i wouldn´t have any doubts

2. I am glad that Sarah Jessica Parker decide to get her how on HBO. I can ‘t wait to see what will happened in the series. Good luck to her.

3. Miffy says:

God no. She is absolutely revolting looking.