Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode

Vampire Diaries Ian Somerhalder to Direct

Ian Somerhalder is following in the footsteps of his Vampire Diaries costar Paul Wesley.

The man behind Damon Salvatore will make his directorial debut with Episode 16 of Season 6, “The Downward Spiral,” Somerhalder announced on his Instagram.

“Thank you to all involved in the decision-making process for giving me the opportunity to do this,” the actor wrote. “I am so grateful. I’ll do my very verry very best not to screw it up.”

His castmate Wesley has helmed two episodes, Season 5’s “Resident Evil” and the upcoming hour “Woke Up With a Monster.”

1. Liv says:

Its amazing when the cast have the opportunity to direct an episode or two..loved Paul’s s5 episode and I’m sure Ian’s will be great too. Hope Nina, Ian and Paul all come back if TVD is renewed for another season.

• kuinane says:

i hope Nina and Ian will be the ones coming back seeing as Stefan’s fans have resigned from watching the show anyway.

• TVDfan says:

Looking forward to Ian directing, He is so talented, great Actor and I seen some of His Work He directed, He did a great job. I love Ian and Nina, but in a Way, I hope They don’t sign back on after there Contract expires, while the Show is still half way decent..

• Jessica says:

A lot of my friends are Stefan/Stelena fans and they all stopped watching in season four. Some I know stopped watching last season. So yes, Stefan fans have left both the fandon and have stopped watching. I’m clinging on for dear life, but even I’m thinking of throwing in the towel. Let this show become the pathetic Dullena show that it has become the last 2 seasons. Before you know it, the ratings will be below 1 million because the show would have scared off the remaining Stefan and other characters fans.

• kuinane says:

As long as TVD is on CW, I’m sure it will have at least two more seasons, not really worried about it being the Delena diaries. I love Damon and Elena…

2. Jessica says:

Nothing can save this show in my opinion, no matter who is directing.

• Jake says:

I second that comment…The only reason it is has lasted this long is because of the teenage following it has. I stopped watching awhile back and the other night caught and episode and could pretty much follow the story line…

3. Babybop says:

Well, I’ve stopped watching, but I’ll tune in for this episode. I’m majorly in love with him…

4. M3rc Nate says:

Who…..cares? I mean its not a episode of GOT or True Detective or anything amazing to direct…Its a bunch of shots of following around soapy 30 year olds pretending to be eternally 17 years old as they make out and then fight and brute/cry. Directing on TV anyways is fairly formulaic…its not like a movie where you get to direct the content and change things up and make a ton of decisions. The script has probably been written, he just gets in the chair, says action and cut, and talks to the actors/actresses to get a performance from them that he likes then in 6-7 days the jobs done….

5. maria says:

Cant wait for Ian to direct, its going to be epic

6. Letti says:

How will he direct and film Delena scenes at the same time? Cause if Dries writes the ep, then it will be full of Delena awfulness.

• ilona says:

Like Paul directed the awful stelena, heavily advertised episode and it fell to the lowest in the history of the vampire diaries.

• Jessica says:

That wasn’t the lowest rated episode in TVD history. It was actually 5×21 that was the lowest. And just so you know, the ratings for TVD had dropped way before that episode had aired. The highest rated episode of that season was the Stefan centric episode 5×03 which had almost 3 million viewers. Once Delena continued to be featured, the ratings continually dropped until it was 1.5 million. So, if you want to blame something for the severe dip in ratings in one season alone, blame the endless Delena nonsense and the bad writing. When Stelena were together in the first couple of seasons, the ratings were at the top of the heap. When Stelena broke up and were separated in season three, the ratings started dropping. When Delena got together, the ratings completely bombed. Get over it. Not everyone likes Delena. In fact, many people don’t like Delena,.

• Ilonaa says:

The ratings started to go down with the never ending boring dobbelgangers coming out of our ears, bad writing, giving delena no story, the travelers, the way Katherine broke up with Damon, then character assassination, and then went to there lowest in the history of TV D in the stelena advertised episode , and never recovered after that, Damon dying and and still jerking them around,, still bad writing in season six. the last episode in the heavy advertised delena mistletoe tease according to Julie, went up a substantial Amount. Overall the bad writing is what is doing in the the show.

• Jessica says:

And let’s not forget that the lowest rated episode in TVD history as of now which is 6×09 featured a lot of Delena nonsense.

• Ilona says:

The last Show the heavy advertised delena scene , according to Julie under the mistletoe brought the ratings up substantially

• Stelena Kg says:

Shut up and watch the ratings. Paul’s episode 5×18 was not the lowest in the history. TVD lost viewers after 5×16 (after they killed katherine)
        5×16= 2.28
        5×17= 1.73
        5×18= 1.66 (Stelena episode)
        5×21 = 1.50 (YES LOWEST IN THE HISTORY) and it was not Paul’s episode.

But hey you know what? Season 6 reached a new series low with 1.49 (6×09)
        bye.

7. lou says:

let’s hope he can direct as well as he can bulge his eyeballs

8. stefan fan says:

stefan is best
    and well elena sucks in tvd
    my fav. caroline