Smash Musical Gets One-Night Broadway Bow — Who Will Star In It?

Smash Bombshell Broadway

Let me (briefly) be your star!

“Bombshell,” the musical at the heart of Smash Season 1, is heading to Broadway – for one night only.

Per BroadwayWorld.com, The Actors Fund has confirmed that Craig Zadan and Neil Meron will produce a benefit performance of the Marilyn Monroe-centric opus on June 15, 2015.

Playbill says that Megan Hilty, among other Smash cast members, is expected to participate in the one-night-only staging, which will include all 22 songs from Smash‘s show-within-a-show.

Tickets will go on sale in early 2015; check ActorsFund.org for updates.

1. The Beach says:

I would love for them to televise this!!

2. Television says:

I absolutely loved this creative show. Season 2 had its problems with being in too many places at once, but this show was great. I never missed an episode. The music was fantastic and it was a great way to escape from the world for an hour. Any chance on bringing this show back?

3. BonnieW says:

I loved Smash and the season one finale with Kathryn McPhee was amazing. I never saw this Megan Hilty version and she, too, was fantastic. I’m guessing they had multiple endings filmed and went with McPhee. Wish I lived in New York so I could see it on Broadway.

• Lauren Kirsch says:

No, McPhee played Marilyn in season one and the beginning of season 2 but Hilty ends up with the role sometime mid-season. Both versions aired.

• Ray says:

Karen (McPhee) left the show to do an original show with writers she found. Derek follows her to direct. One writer dies from auto accident, the other is a jerk who ends up with Karen against the fans wishes. Derek gets Ivy (Hilty) pregnant and stays with her. Last episode ends on Tony Awards night. Everyone has a happy ending pretty much. Like I said before I think most fans were hoping for a Karen/Derek happy ending even though some were bothered by age difference.

• Liv says:

I loved smash..season 2 was a trainwreck,I don’t know why they had to divert from the bombshell storyline for Karen & Derek…the writers ruined this amazing show

4. TG says:

Televise it! Sell it on DVD! This would be amazing and a lot of fans want to see this.

• Andrea says:

I second televising Bombshell. Can’t NBC and Broadway work out some kind of deal? Plus,NBC is into live performances these days.

I HATE Will Chase’s Luke on Nashville. However, dude can sing, and I loved him in SMASH. He needs to be playing Joe on Broadway!

5. Carola says:

OOOH! YES! I have to go to this! Hope all the cast members are on board!

6. RUCookie says:

I sooooo want to go. When then did a staging of Smash’s other musical (was it HitList?) – that sold out way too fast, I missed it. I am fearful that a 1-night only ticket price will price me out of the market… you just know its gonna cost $$$

7. Et al says:

I want to go to there!!!!

8. Lei says:

I had a feeling they would turn SMASH into a real Broadway show. You don’t put that much money into a “musical” tv show and not have a lot of materials. They should do it live, like Peter Pan. I would watch!

9. Ann says:

Can NBC make this their next live staged musical??!!!

10. Linda says:

Please, please televise!!!!!

11. jason dorn says:

The Actors Fund says the event is on the 8th and yet, every article, including yours says the 15th… what’s the real date?