Post Mortems

Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?

Covert Affairs Season 5 Spoilers

Warning: The following contains spoilers from Thursday’s season finale of Covert Affairs.

Covert Affairs Season 5 finale on Thursday night found Annie contemplating not one, but two offers — one romantic, one professional.

First, Ryan McQuaid suggested that if they make it out of a dangerous battle alive, they should get married. Then Joan — having accepted a new job — invited Annie to join her CIA task force. But by episode’s end, the spy gal still hadn’t given her answers to either proposal. To top it off, she was thrown for a loop when Auggie revealed his plans to leave the agency and travel the world with Natasha.

Below, executive producers Matt Corman and Chris Ord weigh Annie’s options and Auggie’s attempt to get away from the CIA life. The EPs also address the show’s renewal status — it has yet to be picked up for Season 6 — and whether it’s over, romantically, for Annie and Auggie.

TVLINE | Can you confirm the words Annie says right after the screen fades to black? “Got it”?
CHRIS ORD | Yes. She knows the answer. We’ll see, if we get another season, what those answers are.

TVLINE | Is she pondering Ryan’s marriage proposal?
MATT CORMAN | Yeah. She’s considering that. She’s considering whether to stay in the agency. She’s considering what to do about her heart, if anything. So she’s got a lot to think about.

Covert Affairs Season 5 SpoilersTVLINE | It seems to me this is the most serious we’ve seen Annie get about a guy aside from Auggie.
CORMAN | Yeah, I think so. One has to be ready for relationships in life and then they can present themselves. She, through her experiences, changed as a person and is sort of questioning some of the things she held true. She also, though, has this history with guys that hasn’t ended well. So one could imagine that she might be gun-shy because so many of her relationships have ended poorly, and not necessarily emotionally poorly, but just there’s a lot of danger in this job. Basically, everybody she’s dated has been shot, and several of those guys have died.

TVLINE | That was a big concern for her, that she and Ryan lead these dangerous lives. But aren’t Joan and Arthur an example for Annie of how they can make it work?
ORD | They certainly are. And as we’ve seen over five seasons, it hasn’t always been easy for them, and they’re probably the model couple. But the job creates a lot of challenges, places a lot of strains on relationships. Annie and McQuaid know that. Something Arthur and Joan have been able to do is transition to Langley, be at home base, and that might have been very helpful in their longterm relationship whereas Annie and McQuaid are real field people. They’re real action people. She senses that, she feels that, but in the same respect, she knows just how good it has been with Ryan, how good Ryan is for her. She’s weighing all of that.

TVLINE | Should we take Annie’s little smile at the end as a hint that she’s going to say yes to both Joan and Ryan’s proposals?
ORD | For us, we want the audience to take the smile the way that they, individually, each want to take it. What we’re happy [about] with the ending is it allows the viewer to project what they want on Annie’s future, and then it remains to be seen going into Season 6 – knock on wood – what she ends up doing.

Covert Affairs Season 5 SpoilersTVLINE | Both Annie and Auggie are making big leaps in their relationships with Ryan and Natasha, respectively. Would you say that Annie and Auggie have moved on from each other in a romantic sense?
CORMAN | For now, they have. But there’s always a kinship there. There’s always a closeness there. And they kind of define one another and themselves through this relationship in many ways. Right now, they’re definitely on different trajectories. But it would be wrong to say that they’ve transcended the power of that relationship.

TVLINE | Can Auggie really leave behind the spy life? Is it in his nature?
ORD | [Laughs] That remains to be seen. He thinks he can. He wants to. He’s excited about the future. He’s excited about the unknown. But in the same respect, he is a proud and true spy. He’s been at the CIA a long time and loves his job. That will be, in some ways, his challenge going forward.

TVLINE | When Annie said, “I’m so happy for you,” was that genuine?
ORD | It was genuine, but she was also pretty shocked in that moment, right? I don’t think she saw that coming. That’s always an odd feeling. You want to be supportive of your friends who you really care about, but in the same respect, it is a bit of a gut-punch to her. Her handler, Auggie, is leaving the CIA. So that’s going to affect how she chooses whether or not to come back to the CIA. She’s wondering what that life would be like at the agency without him.

TVLINE | What’s Belenko’s status? Is he now a free man? An asset?
ORD | He’s not a free man, but he is an asset.

TVLINE | Are he and Annie going to have this tenuous frenemy relationship going forward?
ORD | The potential there – Shawn Doyle was so great. We loved what he brought to the character. We liked the fact that somehow, by the end of the finale, Belenko and Annie had broken through to this kind of uneasy alliance. We’re excited to see what we can mine out of that.

Covert Affairs Season 5 SpoilersTVLINE | How is Arthur’s possible Senate run going to affect his relationship with Joan?
CORMAN | It’s a very public thing. He would have to come out of the shadows more. And she would need to be by his side a lot, which is a different role for her. Even when they were both at the agency, she had a lot of autonomy. Any time somebody embarks on a political campaign, it’s a huge sacrifice for themselves and their family. But the upside is you can serve the country in a different way on a larger platform. For us, Arthur is such a magnetic, warm person, and Peter Gallagher, as well. We’ve often said that Peter would be an amazing politician in real life.

TVLINE | You’ve mentioned a few times, “If there is a Season 6…” Do you know when you’ll find out about a renewal? And is there a feeling writing these episodes that the show is nearing its last run?
CORMAN | To the first

, we don’t know when we find out. We are excited at the opportunity if it should present itself to do more. But we really don’t know. For us, these characters and the actors we’re working with are so infinitely talented that we think we could keep telling stories forever. Maybe we’re delusional in that sense, but we just love this show so much. We don’t like to think about it in terms of the end.

TVLINE | There was a feeling in this episode that the characters are growing up and reaching their natural end point with Annie contemplating marriage and Auggie leaving the CIA. Would you be happy if this was the ending?
ORD | No, we wouldn’t be happy. We want the show to continue. We’re very proud of this finale. So at least we feel if we didn’t come back, we’d be going out on a high note. We don’t really like to think about it in those terms. Because for us, too, getting back to the first part of your point, those are natural turns and natural points in our characters’ lives, but they’re not natural endpoints in the sense that every major point like that creates entirely new stories and new threads to explore. So for us, if anything, they could be great beginning points for future seasons.

Covert Affairs fans, what did you think of the finale? Should Annie accept Ryan’s proposal? And would you be content if this was the end? Grade the episode via the poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Laurie says:

Point One, please give us a season 6!!! Point two she has to say yes to Ryan, he absolutely gets Annie and loves her for who she is. This is absolutely my fav cable show. I have watched it through ALL seasons.

• tyranthraxus says:

I dont trust Ryan at all.

• Kira says:

Ditto!!! Can’t put my finger on it but something just doesn’t seem right with him.

• I like him, I like him as her buddy in combat, like Eal(don’t know if I’m getting his name right), but not as the perfect guy for her. I still like those quiet moments between her and Auggie, and believe they mean so much more than they look, but… Not deal breaker to me, see them together. You know.

• vivian says:

I would like to see her & Auggie together. I really think they have deep feelings between them, more so than her & Ryan

• zivia says:

I think maybe the reason some people have trouble trusting Ryan may have more to do with actor’s performance than the character. He seems pretty one note. Every line practically is delivered in the same way. Plus I don’t feel any chemistry between him and Annie. I do hope the show comes back. It’s one of the few shows I make sure not to miss.

• vivian says:

I totally agree, I don’t trust Ryan either, he made me fell uneasy from the very beginning.

• JSeaHorse says:

Agree! Something fishy

• vivian says:

I agree, I don’t trust him either

• COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! I really wanted to hate Ryan McQuaid but I love him with Annie. He challenges her in all of the right ways and also supports her in a way that allows her to be her.

I have to be honest, I have grown to really loathe Auggie. I find myself wishing Annie would fail to save him or that Bolenko managed to have him killed. Auggie is so sanctimonious bordering on preachy. He’s become a 2D character that no longer feels real or authentic. His story is done and his character does nothing to further Annie as a character. Covert Affairs needs to shake things up like the Good Wife did.. its time to kill off Auggie.

• Bob says:

If they ever make a bio pic of Mitt Romney then Peter Gallagher would be perfect. Hope there is another season . Love when they travel around the world.

• Karen says:

I totally agree.

• Karen says:

We need a season 6 . Love Annie and Ryan. Two halves of the same whole. In the beginning, I suspected he had another agenda but now even if that is true, I believe he loves Annie and would not hurt her. Ryan supports, challenges,and protects Annie without sniffling her which I like. Annie gets him to do the right thing even if it is not the most expedient thing such as getting Belenko out rather than turning him over to the Russians. would to see them work together or even go up against each other professionally provided they don,t let it negatively affect their personal relationship in the end.

Auggie deserves a chance at normal but I suspect he will come back to the team eventually and maybe bring Tash with him. I love their history and story.

Looking forward to seeing Joan and Arthur navigate their new jobs too.,

• katrina DuVal says:

we want season 6 and 7 plus its stupid to stop this show

2. Meg says:

This episode ended so well in that I felt like there was real character development – for the first time in a while. I would like to see where they go from here. Please renew for Season 6!

3. sladewilson says:

I always thought Annie and Auggie were the perfect match

4. whitney says:

Please renew for season 6!!! Annie and Ryan need to get married! They are perfect for each other. They question each other but work well together because they get it. I hope they stay together and we all get many more seasons.

5. Ben says:

Once any show gets to this many seasons, it deserves to be told when it is getting its ‘final season’… so I hope it gets at least one more.

6. Sparky says:

With White Collar gone from the schedule tonight USA is left with Suits, Royal Pains, Graceland and Satisfaction. Leaving Covert Affairs out of the summer line up they still need at least 2 more shows to fill their summer schedule. CA demo were 0.3/0.4 at most this season. From a financial point of view it doesn’t make sense to bring it back. Tonight’s episode felt like it could have been a series finale. I wouldn’t be shocked if that was it!!!

7. Alichat says:

“It seems to me this is the most serious we’ve seen Annie get about a guy aside from Auggie.” Oooookay. I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I like Annie and Auggie together. This season has really been lacking in Annie/Auggie interaction. The last scene of this episode was like someone had finally turned the oxygen back on in the room. And it still bothers me that the writers treated their dating relationship so poorly. They were together, what, two episodes, and then done. Now we’re given the possibility of starting out season 6 (if there is one) with them moving in opposite directions. Meh……just don’t feel too good about that.

8. Remy says:

I’m still holding out for Annie & Eyal.

• GeoDiva says:

Me too!

• Rachel Duncan says:

Ooh, yeah! If not Auggie, then definitely Eyal! I love him.

• drhenning says:

He’s married… so that’s out… Annie isn’t a homewrecker…

• Kat says:

I think Eyal told Annie that he was giving it a try with his ex-wife to free Annie from their relationship (and the chemistry that always seems to be in the air). You could tell in his eyes that he really cares about her, and that he wants her to be happy… And since she seemed to be happy with Ryan, he thought he would step aside and wait to see how things go. There was just something in the way he looked at her, and added that bit about his wife at the end, that made me think he still has strong feelings for Annie but would step aside if she was happy with someone else. I would love for them to be together in the end.

• sherry says:

finally someone who thinks like me i was also holding out for Annie and Eyal love them together but not going to happen now

• 221bsam says:

In my head, Annie & Eyal end up together eventually, they’re soul mates, Eyal loves her. I actually found it really weird Annie with Auggie, didn’t feel right at all, just forced. Her & Eyal just fit, Piper & Oded have amazing chemistry which really sells it for me.

• Rakel Demirci says:

So, I just binged watched all the seasons of Covert Affairs. Loved the show HATED the way they ended it. They lost the connection between Annie and Auggie. So depressing. She had absolutely no chemistry with Ryan. I was hoping for great things after she came in from the dark. But she was forever changed. It was sad. She was all about the job with no real character ties. Never heard from her sister again and she had no real home. She had a great chemistry with Aell but they crushed that too. Very unsatisfied with how things panned out. :-(

• richard says:

Me too! I stopped watching the show after season 4, but i wish season 6 they would give Auggies sight back. Auggie and Annie deserve to be together. I hope Annie says no to Ryan and get back with Auggie.

9. Hattie says:

This was the big finale billed as “no one is safe.” I expected big things. I was hugely disappointed. Sure, Annie, Ryan and Auggie ALMOST died, but who actually died? Just a minor bad guy character. I think the finale was billed as “no one is safe” to lure us into thinking maybe someone important would die so that there would be some tension during the near-death scenes. In short, it was a blatant attempt at manipulation. I don’t whether I’ll bother to tune in to Season 6 if there is one. Ryan proposing to Annie was ludicrous. They’ve known each other for months and been dating for just weeks. I don’t feel any real connection between them, aside from their mutual love of danger. Auggie quitting the CIA? WTF? He’s the company guy, he always has been. Where does the show go from here? I’m certainly not going to bother watching a show about Auggie/Natasha travelling the world, Annie planning her wedding, and Arthur running for Senate. Maybe y’all forgot, but the show’s name is Covert Affairs – it’s about spies and the CIA. Now, the only characters left at the CIA are Joan and Caulder? The finale was a huge fail, so bad that it may kill the series for me.

• Priscillia says:

They have ruined the show :(

• Spire says:

Completely disagree. The show needed more character development as opposed to packaged action sequences which is why it was a challenge sometimes. But I kept coming back and I’m glad I did. The last few episodes had more depth of storyline and character development. It’s nice to see the characters mature and progress and face decisions as humans. Any of them could change their mind, there could always be a reincarnation of how they work as a team as spies. And it could be so much more fascinating, now that the writers have proven they are capable of having the viewer wanting to come back for more. This is what it was lacking sometimes in the past. I would love to see the show continue and I really hope it does.

• Hattie says:

The finale did not leave me wanting more; it made me want to quit watching the show. I don’t agree that there has been character development. I thought this season was weak. I am not looking for action sequences, that was not what I meant about the lack of CIA focus. For me, the most interesting part of the show has always been the relationships between the core characters: Annie, Joan, Arthur, and Auggie. This season, the core characters were splintered with Annie and Auggie working with McQuaid. It annoyed me, but at least they were able to work jointly together on some ops. However, the set up for the next season will not allow such interactions. Arthur will be working on his campaign, Auggie will be travelling, Annie may stick with Ryan. The core characters are not closer together, they are more siloed. I think it is a huge mistake.

10. haven says:

Annie and Auggie have chemistry! Auggie and Natasha do not…they are boring together! I like Mcquiad and all but Auggie is so much better. I do hope they can get back together somehow…if not I’ll just imagine her little smile is realizing she still loves Auggie and leaps into his arms…LOL

• lena Briggs says:

I agree I dont like Annie and ryan together or Auggie and Natasha I dont know why they took this road with thw show but it was a bad move if they were going to do another love interest for Annie it should have been Calder Michaels. Not so much a love interest on her part but they could’ve made Calder and Auggie fight over her. Remember when Calder and Auggie first talked at the bar Iin Columbia and Calder asked him about Annie I think he liked her then especially when he bacame Annies new handler he tried so hard to keep Annie and Auggie apart. Hey maybe they can do a crossover with ncis La being that they all work for the same place.but at any rate season four waa more exciting for me. And I think the writers should start writting more show like season four

11. Mary Esther says:

NO, this can’t be the end! We love Annie and Auggie. No more White Collar is enough. I don’t think I could take no Covert Affairs. We all want a Season 6. Are you listening USA Network?

• robbert says:

I watched all of the seasons of covert affairs. And I like the show a lot! In my opinion I see it as pretty realistic concerning how the CIA would operate? Most shows gave these big gun battles in the middle of streets etc. And that sort of stuff don’t happen much. Assanitions and CIA oops happen covertly just like in the show. And in my opinion I think that the character development on the show is great!!!! Plus if the show is gonna end? Then why in the world end it leaving all all of the dedicated viewers of covert affairs hanging? Not knowing what choice Annie makes? That’s hurtful to people who like the show! But that’s networks for you! They don’t really care about what show fans think!!!!! All they are concerned about is money!!!! It almost makes me not want to watch TV shows much? Maybe they should start making shows dedicated to a certain amount of seasons like they did with the show (breaking bad)? Which I also liked!!!! Just like with the show (believe). I liked that show a lot!!!! But they just abruptly ended it! So yea I’m getting fed up with these TV networks and how they just pull shows off of the network!!!!!!!! Its like if they made half movies? You never know how it ends? Well I said enough. Thank you for reading my opinion! Robbery.

• JSeaHorse says:

For awhile, I stopped watching TV period because networks were canceling shows without giving it an ending. If you want this 2 be the end, fine. Make a 2 hr movie special and wrap it up. But There Are Millions Who Want This To Continue….USA network. …u listening?

• Robbert says:

O, I’m not saying that I want covert affairs to end? I like the show a lot! All I’m saying is that if they are gonna end it? Then do a final episode or 2? So the show actually has a scripted ending to it? It pisses me off when a network show I like is pulled from the network without a scripted ending to the show. Like I said before “its like watching half a movie”. And that’s what pisses me off about these networks!!!! They really don’t care about if a show has a scripted ending to it or not? And that is just totally wrong to do to people who watch a particular show?

• eric lb in kenya says:

we need more coverted affairs. the show is a magnificient view just like mary says

12. John says:

The show has avoided becoming cliche by presenting a variety of twists and turns. As such, it remains fresh and appealing. It would be too soon to end the series. Especially since you have provided a number of plot themes to expand upon.

13. ndixit says:

How long have Ryan and Annie even known each other? This relationship seems like its moving at lightning speed. I don’t think they have even really dated yet. Didn’t Annie just spend a night with Ryan just before the mid season break. After that he was shot and since then they have been on this case.

14. Charles Marcinko says:

I have loved this show since it started. I really want another season. Many more if possible. I think from the little smile at the end she is going to say yes to both questions. I’m not keen about Auggie leaving, but I feel he will be back just before mid season. I keep thinking he will end up in a foreign county with Tasha and she will be killed and he will be on his own so he calls Annie for help. No matter what I just want more seasons of the show. Its the best one on USA and they need to wise up and keep it going for a very long time.

15. greysfan says:

There had better be a season 6. You can’t leave us there!!! I don’t know. I love Annie and McQuaid together but there has been something in the back of my mind about this guy. Its been there since he started. Maybe i’m overthinking it all. Even if they give this a shorter season 6 send off we can’t leave it there. It has to be renewed. It was such a great finale too. So much happened. I’m happy for Auggie and Tash. So BRING ON SEASON 6 PLEASE!!!!!

16. Lorraine says:

Need a Season 6!!!!!!!!

17. Viki Mason says:

With so many of the series programs that have been put out there these last few years, I almost stopped watching because of the blood, garbage, zombies or just plain “dumbing down America” junque. Since the first episode of Covert Affairs I’ve been an avid fan. Its refreshing to see a female actually take care of herself and others and survive. Annie’s character is similar to the character of Ziva on NCIS, and a few others. The dumb “little woman” character demeans women. I’ve know some like that, but on a whole friends around me can take care of themselves, at least they would fight not run. Its appalling how many “dumb” women are portrayed as the norm. It’s a breath of fresh air to watch “Annie” work like an intelligent real female. And, I surely hope the show goes on for many more seasons. Ryan’s ok, but I hope Annie and Augie will get back together.

Thank you for producing such an entertaining show for intelligent people. Please don’t let it stop here.

• Tracy says:

That’s part of the problem – most Americans are not all that bright and they want to watch dumbed down garbage! Look at Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip and Pan Am…two brilliant sophisticated shows that nobody watched! Americans have become painfully stupid and uninformed!

• JSeaHorse says:

I so agree! I enjoy many BBC shows because they make you think. Their plots and characters are so much deeper.
        I hate reality and comical s*** . Garbage.

• vic says:

So agree. Tv viewers just want a bunch of melodramtic soap these. They don’t even know what’s going on besides the pairing. It’s all they talk about. It was happening to some extent on this show, but thankfully they pulled it back to plot and character. I hope this gets renewed and we see Annie and Ryan fight along sise each other, taking names and saving the country.

18. christopher bee says:

That was just a brillant episode. It´s getting better and better. Please continue…

19. A says:

Is Eyal back yet. I’ll watch when that happens

20. Diana Clemens says:

Awesome ending to season 5 and am hoping for season 6. This can not end here. Annie and McQuaid are meant to be together making the show even better!

21. Donna says:

I would love to see Ryan and Annie get married. I would be really bummed if this was the end. Too many shows are retiring. I would like to see this last at least a few seasons more.

22. M3rc Nate says:

I’ll say this….dont go down the Ryan path unless you really, really mean it. I dont want any cheating on Ryan with Auggie, i dont want a season into the marriage for him to die on a mission and Auggie comes to the rescue and they end up together, etc. If this is the guy she loves and marries, stick with it. White Collar has proven a good married couple can be fun and interesting and flirty and sexy and stay that way for the entire length of a show.

• the girl says:

Now this I completely agree with. I really like Ryan and I like him for Annie and I’m okay with Auggie moving on. I don’t want there to be the sudden realization that Auggie is the one. Ryan and Annie make sense. Either commit to it or drop it.

23. Renee says:

I definitely hope there is a season 6 and I would love to see Annie and Ryan married…I love her amazing kinship with Auggie so I hope he stays

24. Spring says:

I think Annie and Auggie were very sexy together and worth watching. I think it’s not to smart yo have auggie leave the show!!!

25. Marilyn says:

I don’t like that Auggie is leaving. I did get the sense tonight that this was the final show. I hope it comes back for a sixth season.

26. Priscillia says:

Please, I dont want Annie married with McQuaid, do not kill the show

• lena Briggs says:

I agree I dont trust Mcquaid it seem like something is very sneaky about him I don’t think this was the last show at all I believe there will be a season six but if they marry Annie and ryan there wont be a season 7 they need to come strong in season 6

27. babygirl says:

It would be great if they just ended with Ryan. And Annie getting married like he suggested this is a very addictive show that I have watched from the beginning and I don’t want it to end like that

• richard says:

If you think about it! The writer didn’t give Auggie and Annie relationship a chance to grow at all. Ryan and Annie didn’t even went on a single date and now they would be getting married? Auggie was limited to some mission on battlefield because he was blind. To be honest, I loved the show because of Auggie! Blind man doing cool things…

28. George realmuto says:

Love the show big fan please don’t and it it was bad enough that we losed burn notice and white collar please bring back covert a fairs

29. Violet Becker says:

Love the show, want it to continue. It is one of the best shows on TV.

30. Patricia says:

Most definitely a Season 6! We have to find out what is Annie’s decision about her job offer from Joan and the most exciting one is Annie going accept Ryan’s proposal of getting married? Also, is Auggie really leaving the CIA to travel the world with Natasha? Covert Affairs is my favorite show and it cannot end yet!!! There’s too much more.

31. Alyson says:

I was expecting bigger things from this episode. Maybe it was just that they put so many big things in it that they seemed to mellow each other out. She gets an off-the-wall marriage proposal mid-episode that isn’t mentioned again. There was a big build-up but I felt like there was a big let down.

32. Rebeccaaaaaa says:

I think the TV station does the show a disservice by having a summer series and then a break, only to finish in the fall. I didn’t come back to it this fall- not for not wanting to, but for a few reasons: 1) not knowing initially when it was coming back, until we were right on top of it; and 2) there are other shows in the fall that my husband and I watch (he’s not a covert affairs fan. Whatever, love him anyway).
    I hope there is a season 6, but if there isn’t, I will forever blame the powers that be that split their season in half.

33. Rachel says:

My husband and I did not missed a single episodes. We loved the show. Please renew for season 6.

34. Rachel Duncan says:

I love this show and hope it can go on at the very least a couple more years. That said, I am not happy with the Ryan relationship. Somehow it isn’t ringing true. Seems like he’s hiding something. I just don’t see any chemistry there, unlike the real sizzle with Auggie (who Annie should be with!).

35. ? says:

This season was such a disappointment. Last season was so awesome, and then this season happened. Saddling Annie with a heart condition is tiresome and no one cares about McQuaid. And sticking Calder in a desk job is just a dumb move, too.

36. renee30 says:

Eyal in Annie could be great together come on they made this big then when he came back for their first episode that it that all I got They have real chemistry sorry not Ryan or Auggie I Sorry but I need more Eyal and Annie all the way many you guys can we invent TV show with just them

37. KI says:

Please bring this back for another season…..would love to see further development of all of the characters, new plots and a beautiful wedding!

38. Bob M says:

Keeping fingers crossed for the show to continue into seasons 6, 7, etc. Annie back with the CIA would be great. Annie and Ryan together should be a back story on whether or not either one of them want to make a total commitment to each other. Auggie after being away from the company gets the itch again for the spy business once he and Tass are accidently involved in a Op involving MI6 while in the UK.

39. Beth says:

Point 1 I LOVE this show!! I have seen all the episodes at least a gazillion times,and enjoy watching the marathons repeatedly! Point 2 I think Ryan is the best thing for Annie. Point 3 I think she should accept the job offer from Joan. I would not be happy if last nights season finale were the FInale. We need at least a Season 6!

40. Elaine P says:

First of all I’ll say I want more seasons! What ever happened to Ben ? They still haven’t finished that story line. He just disappears from his hospital room? I love seeing Eyal pop up in episodes but last scene with him and Annie seemed like a goodbye ending. I didn’t like that! It’s always Auggie who saves Annie in the field. Some how he finds away to save her. What will happen to her now? Ryan and her won’t be in the field together if she goes to work with Joan. Tash seems very selfish she proved that the last time they were together and she left him!, it’s Auggie and Annie all the way !!! I too have never trusted Ryan since the beginning. I always had this feeling that he was bad but maybe it was all his assistant. Maybe Caulder leaves to be with his girlfriend and Annie gets his job ! Then she’s not in the field. Auggie could get Joan’s job then they would be the next Joan and Arthur. Who knows……?

41. Linda S says:

Have fingers crossed that they will give us another season. Such a great series with lots going on. My favorite!

42. The evolution of the characters has been great, and adding Ryan to the series has been a huge boost. Let’s hope for Season 6, they still have more stories to tell.

43. Tracy says:

I enjoyed the finale and believe Covert Affairs needs to come back for at least one more season so they can wrap things up! I HATE it when networks leave the fans hanging – it demonstrates a HUGE and very disturbing lack of respect for the fans!

44. Andrew Donaldson says:

It was an entertaining episode, and all the conclusions felt “earned”–supported by the episodes before. The irony is, I suppose, that most of the things that fans would wish for the characters if the series ends now WILL NOT be the way things go if the series continues.

45. Christine Shaw says:

Need Season 6 first of all! Augie will figure out he needs to stay and maybe his and Natasha ‘ s day has passed. I really like McQuaid I think he and Annie fit well but I see you putting Annie and Augie back together before it’s all said and done.

46. Carol Bewig says:

Please give us more seasons. I just love this show. I have watched from the beginning and have bought the DVDs. Please continue with this show.

47. Rick Katze says:

Having had almost a day, the fifth season ending was about the best we could expect when a sixth season is still in limbo. Obviously negotiations are going on now and a final decision will probably be made on the total cost. While Annie is the lynchpin, Augie, Joan, Arthur and McQuaid also need to come onboard or the show will need to make a major direction change. I note that Alias did manage to redo itself.
    One option that does make sense would be Annie, Augie and girlfriend joining Mcquaid if we lose Joan and Arthur. Don’t see it as likely but…

48. drhenning says:

As noted, the ratings for this show have been sinking but it’s such a tough call because of how it’s been scheduled… I bet there’s been a lot of On Demand and Streamed viewing.. They’ve also sold it to Amazon and I rewatched it there.. USA has been pretty open about final seasons of long running shows so it would be unusual for them to just drop it…. They would probably get a bump for a final season if promoted like that… I also wonder how the show sells around the world… They did spend a lot in taking the show to locations everywhere… TVLINE usually has good instincts when it rates renewals and it was figured to be a pretty certain.

49. B. Mcginnis says:

I want her to work with Joan and NOT marry Ryan.

50. Edward Veaudry says:

Yes we need season 6. I’m concerned that Auggie will leave the show. Don’t let that happen.