Revenge Welcomes Suits' Gina Torres as a Shady Socialite in Season 4

Revenge Gina Torres

A powerful Suit is on her way to the Hamptons.

Gina Torres has been tapped to recur in the second half of Revenge‘s fourth season, TVLine has learned exclusively, playing an aspiring socialite named Natalie Walsh.

In addition to her dreams of conquering high society — Natalie comes from “humble-but-ambitious roots” — she’s also arriving with a few enemies in her sights, though it’s not yet clear which Hamptons resident she’ll want to “drive a stake into.”

Your thoughts on Torres’ casting? Which Hamptonite do you suspect Natalie will target first? Drop a comment with your predictions below.

1. Gina Torres? This is epic. I’m hoping for more Anna Espinosa and less Jessica Pearson.

2. Summer says:

Ooof. This could be absolutely amazing. She’s a hell of a presence on screen.

3. Carda says:

awesome! Revenge S4 is getting better and better! More interesting plot and amazing guest stars!

4. KalEpic says:

Swell! Great casting?

5. I am a fan of hers, but to me it all hinges critically on the execution if you look at the wording here. It is *impossible* to take her seriously as a ” Hamptons socialite”. Don’t blame me–I didn’t make the Hamptons the way they are– but people who look like her are not Hamptons socialites without a LOT of backstory. If she’s some kind of ghetto hood rat made good, okay. I love the actress but Kardashian beige is about as dark as it gets in the Hamptons as far as socialite- ish- ness goes, Diddy’s White Party notwithstanding.

• DL says:

Without touching certain parts of your comment with a ten foot pole, I’ll just say: It’s TV, and she’s perfectly believable for that.

• Uh, no it isn’t. The Hamptons is a bastion of white elitism.

• L says:

What the what? For one, Revenge is a FICTIONAL drama about a girl who gets training to take down a family that framed her father for a terrorist attack. Her father faked his death in prison. She switched identities with her juvie cell mate and no one noticed. Additionally, no one, including her own father, recognized her when she got to the Hamptons until she outed herself as Amanda. Now, you have been able to rationalize all of this information but the thought of an Afro-Latina women appearing is unfathomable? This show is fiction, and although the Hamptons are predominantly white, well to do people of color do exist in the real world and I’m sure they’ve owned property and/or summered there before. I don’t understand why a person of color being there would require the extremely offensive title of “ghetto hood rat” in order to be believable. Makes no sense. On another note, can’t wait to see the always impressive and supremely talented Gina Torres on another one of my favorite shows!

• JEst says:

You should probably apply your user name to yourself.

• I don’t even know what to say to this.

• GirlPlease says:

Maybe she’s from the Inkwell?…wait no, that’s Martha’s Vineyard, LOL, my bad.

• Susan says:

Nile Rodgers lives in the Hamptons.The last time I looked ,HE isn’t white, I love
      Revenge and the characters they bring on. I t may be fictional, but the actors are good and you almost believe there is a Ems and Nolan Ross, and geez! am I grieving Daniel Grayson.c’mon NOT Daniel.He will be missed. Can’t wait for need episodes!

• Kat Aston says:

According to my research Sag Harbor is where African Americans have lived in the Hamptons since the forties, and since then the demographics has changed just like many neigborhoods around the U.S. I’m sure the researchers of Revenge did their homework before casting. She could easily be a kid who grew up there and has now returned back to her roots. If not all you need is a little cash and you can live anywhere in the America. There are single African American women who own their own busineses and are living all over this country and abroad.

6. Iakovos says:

Am also loving REVENGE again, but there seems to be such a shift away from core, obviously by design. I like stories that work on slow burn and build suspense. REVENGE does pull out the stops, but I like the show best when there is tighter storytelling. The ins and outs of short-term characters is worrisome.

7. JEF says:

She’ll be good but they need some leading men!

8. Jeffrey Griffith says:

Gina Torres makes anything that she appears in better. And God knows Revenge could use her.

9. ... says:

Ooh, yes. Come through, Queen. I hope she and Madeleine Stowe get to share some screen time.

10. fonte says:

No entanto, o abatimento dos tecidos, alteração dos volumes, perda
    de firmeza e de noite. Remédios simles para o seu
    futuro e, em seguida, a obstrução dos porosA oleosidade visite o site produzida pela pele circula pelos poros para lubrificá-la.

Uma delas é a quantidade necessária de colágeno pelo organismo.
    Infelizmente, os lábios. Revlon vvisite o site Corretivo para
    região dos olhos, junto aoo creme anti-idade. Além desswe efeito,
    asta amassá-la e aplicar loções tônicas.

11. Dani says:

I bet her back-story involves being a lawyer who owned a law firm in New York City but she was pushed out by her partners named Harvey and Louis. Now she is just chilling in the Hamptons.

12. Wait…this show still comes on??

13. sammyfinbar says:

One Season 5 please! And I’ll take fries with that!

14. Dennis says:

She was amazing in ‘Angel’ as that evil goddess! Yaaaas so excited!

15. Tom says:

*Firefly’s* Gina Torres. If given the chance, it’s ALWAYS Firefly’s anyone

16. FireFly says:

17. Kristina says:

Ooh I’ll look forward to this! As with all Firefly alum, Gina Torres makes everything better :)

18. Salvatore Lover says:

Gina Torres is not only a very talented actress but she soap opera gorgeous.

19. Salvatore Lover says:

I loved her in Alias and I love her in Suits, so I’m happy she’ll be on another of my favorite shows. I can’t wait to see her and Victoria in a room together sizing each other up.

20. GuyAwks says:

I love Gina and am a huge fan of Alias. That said, it’s still extremely sad that the show needs to rope in stars from other (actually successful) shows to compensate for it’s awful plot this season.

21. Having a new suit is great. I love this woman. She will do it right. Great actress for this part u created. I think she may be after louise

22. shaylengov says:

Could she possibly be Ashley’s mother??

23. I am truly glad to read this webpage posts which carries lots
    of helpful information, thanks for providing such statistics.

24. So not only is it fun, but free prizes are always a good thing.
    When the dinner arrived, the host apologized for the wait,
    but the food was worth it. Push the moveable block on the right until it’s beside the sliding lever and then grab
    the nearby pole and climb up onto the top of the block.

25. Samuel M Pena says:

, as far as Revenge is concerned: you got me to leap off the cliff. It got me to say no way. SMART & BOLD MOVE; keep it coming baby!!! :-)

26. Jess says:

I say she’s after Victoria.

27. Could she be connected to Conrad’s affairs?

28. michael cater says:

Gina Torres is a beatiful and very talented actress would be great addition to any t.v. show.

29. Jay says:

Shes Queen ! Love her form Suits

30. Brenda Bellandi says:

Gina Torres plays all her parts the same way so as Jessica or Natalie there is no difference – personally I’d rather they chose someone else