The Flash Casts Sleepy Hollow Alum Nicholas Gonzalez as Cisco's Brother

The Flash Nick Gonzalez

It’s a big day for The Flash‘s resident geek Cisco.

First, it was announced that Peyton List (The Tomorrow People) will be setting her sights on him (for better or for worse) as Leonard Snart’s little sister, and now he’s getting a sibling in the form of Nicholas Gonzalez, TVLine has confirmed.

The Sleepy Hollow vet will play Cisco’s handsome and charming older brother Dante, who is used to being the family favorite. Dante is a gifted pianist, but he never reached his potential and secretly resents Cisco’s success. When the brothers are thrust into extreme circumstances, Dante must rely on Cisco if they’re going to survive.

Gonzalez will appear in the same installment as List: Episode 16, titled “Rogue Time.”

Gonzalez recently guest-starred in two episodes of The CW’s Jane the Virgin. His other TV credits include Off the Map, Melrose Place and The O.C.

1. Cory says:

I really need this beautiful piece of art to show back up in Sleepy Hollow. :/ I really hope they try to get him back.

2. bj says:

I’ve seen him in many series. He is a cutie. Hope he hangs around for a while.

3. Jenny says:

Cisco grates and is miscast. I dont care about expanding his family

4. mint says:

I love Cisco. I hate the creepy lounge lizard thing they do with him, but his enthusiasm for what he does is always great to watch. Cant wait to see what this episode does for the character!

5. Ashley says:

How can anyone resent Cisco? He’s a puppy in human form.

• Briggs says:

Might have been how he oogled Felicity? Then again,what guy didn’t? He’s a lovable geek, but some people aren’t into that…

• Drew says:

I’ve been thinking about Felicity. Is it possible that she’s a meta human? Because if you look at season 1 Felicity, she was the nerd who nobody ever noticed and who got to make all of the funny comments. But season 3 Felicity has every dude within a thousand miles chasing her down. Granted, she’s Smoakin’ hot (see what I did there?) but it’s a big change, and it’s not like hanging out in Oliver’s basement is going to improve her social circle. :-)

• Briggs says:

*snort* I’ll tell you what her superpower is. Confidence. Confidence is the ultimate superpower. it makes people respect you and makes you more attractive to the opposite sex. And you don’t need to be hit by a particle generator to get it. LOL

• Drew says:

She never lacked confidence though. She looked Oliver “I kill people in my spare time” Queen in the eye and told him exactly what she thought of him in season 1. She stood up to Moira Queen. There was never a lack of confidence.

• Briggs says:

She wasn’t that confident, at first. For instance, I can’t quite picture first season Felicity telling Oliver he had to kill Ra’s al Goul, even to protect his sister. True, she saw right through his lies from the first, but if she stood up to him, it was with an edge of nervous energy. There’s been none of that this season. And, if you’ll remember, Oliver had to all but bully the truth out of Felicity once Moira was through with her.

• Drew says:

First season Felicity was a little more naive about killing people, but she stood up to (a far less familiar and far more intimidating ) Oliver about his killing people. She was never Willow Rosenberg.
            Y’know, this started off as a joke comment about Felicity but it is getting interesting. I actually kinda miss season 1 Felicity now. Before she was the main love interest she was more fun. Oddly enough, Laurel has had a more interesting arc this year, after being demoted from being the main love interest. There is something to this, I think.

• Briggs says:

I admit to being a bit more literal than I probably should be. *sheepish* Seriously, though, with Felicity being the ‘Oracle’ of the group, as things get more interesting for the vigilantes, they get more interesting for her, as well. Not only does she have Team Arrow (plus Laurel) to watch over, but she may also be guiding Atom, who is not working with Team Arrow at this time. Even if you take romance out fo the picture, Felicity still has an interesting arc. Especially since Matt’s told us that Felicity and Thea have a lot of scenes together in the back half of the season and we *still* don’t know the context for that…

• Drew says:

Yeah, I am curious about the Thea scenes. I thought it was weird that Thea didn’t blink an eye at Roy hanging out with Oliver’s former assistant a few weeks ago.
            It might be interesting to have Oliver out of action for a while, to see what everyone else is made of.
            I can see why heroes want Felicity around, given her skills. It is just weird that all of them also want to get in her pants. She has had three dudes making eyes at her this season alone, plus an ex in the picture. And it is only the midway point. I mean, she is hot but I prefer the focus to be on her brains and personality and less on the guys chasing her.

• Briggs says:

Considering all the crap Oliver put her through, she deserves some male attention, seeing as she’s been information guru for two seasons. if she just continued to be just that, people would be asking why she wasn’t getting some. So, to each their own.

• Drew says:

I agree. But she has had a lot of that going on lately, at the expense of what made us love the character in the first place. Now, if they could find someone for her who brings out the best qualities in her, that would be a good compromise. She and Barry work well together, but obviously that can’t happen. But someone like that.

• Briggs says:

I heard that Felicity is going to be in mourning during the back half of the season. Because of Caitlin, I feel that if a character is in mourning, I can’t ship them with anyone until they’ve come to terms with their loss. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve never shipped Snowberry.

• Drew says:

I’ve always been a big fan of the platonic friendships. Xander had a crush on Buffy when the show started, but within a few seasons they’d move into being more like family and he became a safe, non-dramatic relationship for her. That was the dynamic that I liked with Oliver and Felicity. She told him what she thought and made him see another side of things. It was a safe relationship. Now it’s not. Now I like Diggle’s relationship with the team because he tells them the way things are and makes them see a different point of view. He can sit outside Felicity’s home without being weird, and she can bring him hot chocolate without being weird. But the down side of Oliver/Felicity is that Diggle is now on the outside of something that he used to be a part of. He’s still part of the team, but he can’t be on the same level as the other two.
            So with that said, I like Barry and Caitlin as friends, but I don’t like them as a couple. They don’t feel romantic to me in any way, shape, or form. Trying to go there would seem forced.

• Briggs says:

For me, Olicity has never been comparable to Snowberry. And I don’t know about you, but I never saw any UST with Buffy and Xander. For me, Oliver and Felicty have always, always had the underlying sexual tension. I would argue that the mutual attraction adds to the relationship instead of detracts. As for Diggle, he’s the one encouraging them to get together. If he seems like he’s been on the outside this season, I give you the adorable baby Sara, who he clearly dotes on. I’m not seeing how the relationship (or the aborted lack thereof) has really hurt the efficacy of the team. In fact, it only ever gets awkward when Oliver brings it up…

• Tai says:

Exactly! I love Cisco. I sometimes see comments that say how much they hate him and I’m so confused. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all but it’s Cisco! I just adore him. LOL

6. Briggs says:

Love this. Lover Cisco. Can’t wait! (I admit to Arrow being my first love, but Flash hits me in different, wonderful ways.)

• Liz says:

Right! Arrow keeps me in suspense and is awesome every week as is flash. But flash just makes me so happy and puts me in such a good mood. And I can’t wait for Cisco back story. He’s adorable.

7. Jimmy says:

Any opportunity to look upon the look upon the beautiful Nicholas Gonzalez is a good thing. I’ve been happily watching this guy since he on Resurrection Blvd.

8. If Flash can turn a stinker like Vibe into a popular character, that means there’s hope for ALL comic book characters.

9. sanay says:

Hot mess Sleepy Hollow’s loss is Flash’s gain. Definitely looking forward to more Cisco back story. He’s adorable.

10. I can’t wait to see what kind of role that Nicholas Gonzalez will be playing. I hope that he will be playing a powerful meta-human.

11. Drew says:

Poor Carlos Valdes. What must it be like when you see the character description of the new character who is more charming and better looking than the one you play?

12. Dominique says:

that is exciting news! i reall ylike this guy, wish we would see more of him, so this is goooood!