NBC Sets Midseason Dates for Night Shift, Allegiance, Undateable and More

NBC Midseason Blacklist Thursdays

NBC’s midseason plan features a mix of shows familiar and new.

The Peacock network has announced that two of its summertime sleeper successes, the hospital drama The Night Shift and the relationship comedy Undateable, will return at midseason.

Specifically, Night Shift will open Season 2 on Monday, Feb. 23 at 10/9c (leading out of The Voice’s two-hour Season 8 opener), while Undateable’s sophomore run will air Tuesdays at 9 pm, starting March 17. (Both shows’ first seasons ran May to July.)

NBC’s other midseason moves include:

* Allegiance, a contemporary espionage-at-home drama in the vein of The Americans — about a young CIA analyst whose parents are former-ish KGB — will premiere Thursday, Feb. 5 at 10 pm, leading out of The Blacklist (which moves to its new night following a Feb. 1 post-Super Bowl showcase).

* The eight-episode miniseries The Slap premieres the following Thursday, Feb. 12, at 8 pm. Peter Sarsgaard, Uma Thurman, Thandie Newton, Melissa George, Zachary Quinto and Thomas Sadoski star.

* One Big Happy, a comedy from writer Liz Feldman and executive producer Ellen DeGeneres, debuts Tuesday, March 17 at 9:30, leading out of Undateable. Elisha Cuthbert, Nick Zano and Kelly Brook star. (Marry Me and About a Boy will resume their seasons at a date TBA.)

* On Easter Sunday aka April 5, A.D. (a follow-up to History’s The Bible, looking at the lives that were instantly altered following the death of Christ) and Odyssey (a Traffic-like drama about an international conspiracy that connects three strangers’ lives) will bow, at 9 and 10 pm, respectively.

A.D. stars Greta Scaachi as Mother Mary, Richard Coyle as Caiaphus, Vincent Regan as Pilate, Adam Levy as Peter, Chipo Chung as Mary Magdalene and Juan Pablo Di Pace as Jesus. The Odyssey cast includes Anna Friel, Peter Facinelli and Jake Robinson.

1. bruceeff says:

The Night Shift isn’t going to remain a summer series?

2. Ralph Hartman says:

What about Hannibal?

3. Pia says:

Noooo I want Night Shift during the summer. :\

4. eddie says:

One big happy at 9:30? wouldnt it have a better chance of surviving if it aired at 9:00? i mean, undateable averaged between 2-3 million this summer…… thats not a very good lead-in.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes, where it regularly led out of a Hollywood Game Night rerun. Here, Undatebale airs after The Voice.

• eddie says:

yeah i get that, but i dont think this show has enough buzz to magically shoot up to 7-8 million viewers and stay there. Marry me had buzz and good reviews but isnt doing very well…. even with a voice lead in. i do hope im wrong though.

• eddie says:

with a show like “One big happy” you have a clean slate and a possibility of getting more viewers because of the whole produced by ellen degeneres thing. i just think its smarter scheduling to try your luck with a new show like “one big happy”.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I think that KILLER WOMEN — “produced by Sofia Vergara” –proved that Joe Couch Potato has little regard for a new show’s pedigree, save for the Shondas and Berlantis and Katimses.

• eddie says:

I know having “Produced by the blah blah’s that brought you blah blah” doesnt always guarantee viewers. i mean even shonda, berlanti and katims have produced one and done television series- but i still think that puting undateable on at 9 will result in low ratings for both itself and one big happy. in all honesty matt do you think undateable will get good ratings throughout the season? And can One Big happy be a hit following undateable if undateable averages 5 million viewers?

• eddie says:

by the way, last summer i was annoyed that NBC placed undateable on its summer schedule instead of its Mid-season slate because i knew that it would be a funny show, even if it didnt start out that way….. i mean bill lawrence is a producer, why wouldnt it be hilarious?

5. I was expecting to wait until summer for The Night Shift, this is great news!

6. Carla Krae says:

NBC must like what they’re seeing if they’re bringing the summer series back early. Or they’re desperate because there’s nothing else to fill those slots, lol. But we’re fans of both Night Shift and Undateable, so yay!

7. Brock says:

So…farewell Thursday Comedies. NBC officially knifed you.

8. Tran says:

No word yet on when the new season of Hollywood Game Night is going to premiere but I have a feeling that it should fill the void in the 8 p.m. Thursday night time slot followed by The Blacklist and Allegiance. What about Heroes: Reborn? I know that is going to be a Summer series just like what Fox did with the return of 24 last Summer.

9. Lisa says:

YAY! The Night Shift, I don’t care when it comes back midseason or summer. I’m just glad their are new episodes.

10. MattySi says:

I love Night Shift and Undateable. Both great shows. Night Shift reminds me of my job except I work in a hotel. Things like what they show on NS don’t happen at my job but working at a downtown property, I do see a lot of crazy stuff. Undateable is just hilarious! I can’t wait for them to come back.

11. Eva says:

Can’t wait for the new Night Shift promo posters. I mean, the last ones were so hilariously bad it still makes me giggle whenever I hear about the show.

12. Joey Padron says:

Glad The Night Shift and Undateable new seasons will premiere early. Can’t wait for The Blacklist to be back!

13. Rick Katze says:

Castle should be happy. The Blacklist moves to Thursday where I will record it since I will first watch Elementary.

14. Bob says:

You post something hinting at new Blacklist news. Then you link to an article written “July 13th, 2014”. Seriously, you guys should be better than this. I’m looking at you Ausiello. This was supposedly you’re brain child, don’t get lazy on us now. Click–click–click—click-bait

15. Dennis says:

I LOVE Marry Me! I hope it returns for season two!

16. Jay Aleman says:

I saw a promo commerical on SNL the 40th about a fire fighter scene with two or three fire fighting women Can you tell me what show that will be? I believe it starts on March 17.