Ratings: Survivor, All of ABC Rise; NBC Dramas Return Down; Arrow Slips

Survivor Season 29 Ratings

The penultimate episode of Survivor Cycle 29 on Wednesday night drew 9.5 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating (per finals), up 8 and 14 percent week-to-week.

Leading out of that, Criminal Minds (10.1 mil/2.1, tying a series low) dipped a tenth and Stalker (7.3 mil/1.5) slipped two tenths.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Arrow (3.1 mil/1.1) dropped 20 and 21 percent from last week’s boffo crossover numbers; The 100 (1.6 mil/0.6) was steady.

ABC | The Middle (8.1 mil/2.2) rose 16 and 38 percent (to match its best demo number since January), The Goldbergs (7.4 mil/2.2) grew 12 and 29 percent, and Modern Family (9.7 mil/3.1) and black-ish (7.3 mil/2.3) each ticked up about 10 percent. Nashville (5.7 mil/1.5) was up 6 and 15 percent, drawing its second-largest audience of the season while tying the season’s demo high.

NBC | Mysteries of Laura returned to 8.1 mil and a 1.2, down 7 and 14 percent from its last fresh outing. SVU (6.9 mil/1.4) fell 13 and 22 percent (tying its series low), while Chicago PD (6.7 mil/1.5) slipped 10 percent and a tenth.

FOX | A two-hour Hell’s Kitchen (3.6 mil/1.2) matched last week’s numbers.

1. deathwater says:

Arrows numbers are a lot lower than I thought they would be. Flash pulled 1.5/.5 better. Well I would agree Flash first nine episode have been better then Arrows (Laurel story-line is this shows anchor this season) I would have thought it was going to be a bit closer.

• Riana says:

I would say an uptick will be coming for the midseason premiere because people will be anxious to know how Ollie survives

• herman1959 says:

This is not a surprise, The Flash has had better ratings than Arrow from the beginning. It’s a just a more “likeable” show and thus, more popular, hence the ratings differential. Plus, a lot of the crossover uptick numbers were due to The Flash, so when that show was removed from the equation, the ratings fell…no mystery there.

• anne says:

that arrow finale was awesome! the numbers are still a lot higher compared to the episodes before the crossover. Well, I prefer Arrow more than the Flash, hope people watch it more.

• paris says:

Laurels storyline is the anchor? I’m sorry what?!?!?!? As a laurel fan I wish that was true. But she’s been sidelined for the last 3 episodes.

• wrstlgirl says:

And they’ve been the best three episodes ever IMHO :-)

• onelastemperor says:

Amen!

• paris says:

Cupid was a horrid episode. Bye Felicia

• Briggs says:

It does not escape my notice that, to my knowledge, Laurel had no screen time during that episode. And it focused on the Olicity pairing via the villain. Now, I’m not saying that’s why you hated it, but it’s rather conspicuous, all the same. What I know for sure is that I loved the villain so much I want to *cosplay* her. And I don’t cosplay.

• deathwater says:

She has had reduce screen time in the last few episodes, but that just to me highlights how much the show seems to come to a halt when she’s on. I used to hate her character back in season two, but now I just try and block her out. The writers have tried twice to fix her character and have failed in my opinion. Everything they give her to do the other characters on the show do it better. She’s given the worst character traits on the show. I’m not blaming the actress and at this point not so much the character but the abysmal way the writers keep handling her. I just rather not have her on then watch them keep trying to fix her.

• c1274997 says:

Those number are wrong. it didn’t have 1.9. it was 1.0. down from last week.

2. dan says:

Just gotta say it: last night’s Modern Family was terrible. Maybe the worst episode ever. I laughed once (when Gloria said something which I can’t even remember so it probably wasn’t that funny). My wife and daughter agreed it wasn’t funny at all. So disappointed! On the other hand, thanks to Natalie’s game play and Missy’s injury we finally got a great Survivor episode this season (I’m not happy about Missy’s injury, I just liked the way it played out in the show and I applaud her determination not to quit the game). Hoping that next week’s finale turns this lackluster season into a decent one.

3. James says:

I’m so sad about Stalker. It’s a great show, but the numers are low for CBS.

4. Network says:

So relieved that The Goldbergs found its footing. It’s starting to match its lead in numbers. I wonder if ABC will attempt to make it an anchor again on Tueday after this season. It is certainly good enough and way more people are watching. It might finally be an opportunity for a strong Tuesday night with Goldbergs, Fresh off the boat and Cristela.

• ... says:

I don’t think they would move it two seasons in a row, especially since it’s done so well with The Middle. If anything, they would move The Middle and have The Goldbergs on Wednesdays at 8:00.

• Network says:

That’s actually a better possibility. ABC doesn’t deserve it but the Middle is an excellent anchor for them. You would think the network (as well as the Emmy’s) would give it the love it deserves. It’s been better than modern family for at least the last two seasons.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Last nights blindside on Survivor was hilarious. I’ve been yelling at the TV for weeks for that to happen, lol. Now they just need to rid themselves of the SO.

• Zenobia Jackson says:

I was so happy to see arrogant Jon go, the only thing that could have been better is it was a double tribal counsel with Jaclyn following him out.

I am pulling for Natalie!

6. BrittBrat says:

Wasn’t it great to watch know-it-all Jon leave with an idol in hand?! I hope Natalie wins!

• wrstlgirl says:

I want Keith to win but Natalie is a close second. I don’t care much for the twins but by herself Natalie has been a great player and very likable. Plus she gets kudos from me for getting that arse out. Jaclyn is just as bad and yes Baylor, you ARE a brat.

• Kit says:

I really want Keith to win as well (as long as he can keep his mouth shut). But kudos to Natalie for the excellent blindside. Didn’t know if anyone noticed but all the while Missy kept defending Jon he basically ignored her and her injury. Every scene it was Keith helping her, carrying her, having her lean on him, etc.

7. Katherine215 says:

Is that 1.9 a typo for Arrow? That seems really high…

8. Nicole says:

The middle was amazingly last night! So happy people watched!

9. John NYC says:

Arrows numbers are disappointing, with the previous week’s reception this one should have been better viewed I’d have thought.

10. Arnell says:

They should focus on Oliver and Laurel more:)