Golden Globes: Fargo, True Detective Lead Nominations; Jane the Virgin, Transparent Score Multiple Nods

Golden Globe Nominations 2015

Nominations for the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards were announced on Thursday morning, and FX’s Fargo led the TV pack with five total nods, including for best miniseries.

HBO’s True Detective racked up four nominations, while six series scored three apiece.

Among the first-time nominees were The CW’s Jane the Virgin, Amazon’s Transparent and Showtime’s The Affair (all of which scored multiple nods) and ABC’s How to Get Away With Murder (for series lead Viola Davis).

The Golden Globes will be broadcast by NBC on Sunday, Jan. 11, 2015, and hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for the third year in a row.

Here is the complete list of TV’s nominees — now share your raves and rants in the Comments.

• DRAMA SERIES

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – SUPPORTING ACTOR
Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart
Alan Cumming, The Good Wife
Colin Hanks, Fargo
Bill Murray, Olive Kitteridge
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan

Again: The Golden Globes will be broadcast by NBC on Sunday, Jan. 11, to be hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

1. H says:

Gina Rodriguez!!! I got goosebumps when i heard her name. And then double the goosebumps when I heard Jane The Virgin! Seriously, im so happy!!

2. Parker says:

NO AMY POEHLER????
    WHAT THE ACTUAL …..???

3. Maurício says:

JANE. THE. VIRGIN. <3

4. But... says:

Downton Abbey, seriously? There are so many drama series more deserving. The Americans, for example…

5. zac says:

Amy Poehler, Andy Samberg and Brooklyn 99 won last year and they didnt get ominated this year. Quite surprising. really happy for Jane and Gina. Well deserved

6. Junie says:

Why did Allison janney get nominated in the Drama category? Since when is Mom a drama?

7. Ryan says:

Its a shame that Emmy Rossum hasn’t been recognized for her part in Shameless. I would say she definitely deserves a nomination over Lena and Edie. Also I am not sure I would have considered Allison Janey a supporting actress but I guess she must be. Lastly I am actually satisfied that Modern Family hasn’t been recognized because this season has been a let down.

8. Jamie says:

You can stick a fork in Reign’s renewal chances for season 3 with Jane the Virgin’s nominations

9. TVPeong says:

Good to see some network shows still make the cut.

10. Bettycin says:

Well, I’m disappointed… happens every single time. Also, for supporting actress and actor, why aren’t Melissa McBride and Peter Dinklage in those lists? It’s ridiculous, really.

• Jenny says:

The Globes have only one supporting actor/actress category for all of television, so actors from comedy/drama series, miniseries and TV movies all compete against each other. It’s very tough to get a nomination in that category.

• Snsetblaze says:

Agreed but not surprised. I think they should have been nominated, especially McBride in the Best Supporting category.

11. Terry says:

Love it that the Affair and the actors were nominated best new show this year!!

12. Steph says:

No recognition for The Americans? What more do they have to do?

13. Jenny says:

I wish the Golden Globes didn’t cram all of the supporting categories into one. Lots of great performances get shut out as a result.

14. Viv says:

No “The Americans”? That´s just a crime. Happy for Good Wife though.

15. Flick says:

Amy Poehler left out? At least she won last year. Still tuning in to watch them host. Those two women are legendary.

16. Sparky77 says:

Is that the first time a CW/WB show got a nomination? Well done Jane the Virgin. Is there a category for Best Stunts? Cos Arrow should totally be part of that

17. grace says:

What about Brooklyn 99???? That’s sucks

18. robbiekad says:

Wow…they actually nominated Tatiana Maslany last year, she does an even more amazing job this year, and doesn’t get nominated ?! Blinder than the Emmy voters.

19. Jennifer says:

Seriously, they need separate categories for cable vs. network. cable can do SO much more than network can. Can we petition? I have no interest in watching the Globes this year, as I haven’t seen 90% of the shows.

20. Phillip says:

Hell yeah for Jane the Virgin and Gina Rodrigeuz!! So deserved!!

21. Kiddoo says:

How is Tatianna Maslaney (sp?) not recognized yet again? Juliana Margulies gave a great season to us. I’ve yet to see this season’s Homeland but Claire Danes is always worthy. I didn’t watch The Affair so I can’t comment. Viola Davis was amazing (for a network show) but Robin Wright is an afterthought in HoC. I’d be okay if Kerri Russel had gotten her spot but Robin Wright? I really enjoyed House of Cards but it had little to do with her adding value. If Allison Tollman was considered a lead (which she so clearly was), again, that would be one thing… I guess I’m just sad that so many either aren’t seeing her work on Orphan Black or are just discounting it because it’s not set in 1800’s England as a period piece.

22. Tish says:

Knowing that Gina Rodriguez and the show have been nominated for a Golden Globe has made my day! I am so happy for her and all who work on the show.

23. irene says:

Where is Mandy Patinkins mom for Showtime?

24. sethjk says:

Forgot to mention the lack of recognition for Orphan Black. COMPLETELY SHUTOUT!!?!?!?!?!

25. greysfan says:

Gina AND Viola!!! Awesome to see both ladies nominated in their respected categories. I don’t get all the Downton hate. I love the show and there was some very powerful performances this season, Joanne Froggatt in particular totally deserves her nomination. I am surprised there is no The American’s in there though but you can’t nominate them all unfortunately. It happens every year.

26. Joey Padron says:

Happy my favorites got nominated. Sucks a couple got snubbed.

27. E. says:

Sherlock tore it up at the Emmy’s and there’s not a single nom here. Also, GRACEPOINT?!!! Best acting I’ve seen in a long time. Thought they would at least nom Anna Gunn because they love her so much from Breaking Bad.

28. robert says:

Yeah SOA just doesn’t get the respect it deserves and it is bullsh@$$

29. Sarah says:

I think Allison Janney is great…on Masters of Sex, but Mom is just so, so bad. I can not understand how she keeps getting nominated for that show.

• JK says:

Because she is the only thing good about “Mom”. If it wasn’t for Allison, the show would be a lot worse than it already is.

30. DL says:

No Peter Dinklage, no Tatiana Maslany, no Sarah Paulson. Bleh.

31. Em J says:

I am sorry for the future outburst but WHY ISN’T SHERLOCK ON THE LIST!? I am proud of Martin for getting a nomination but SERIOUSLY WHERE THE HELL IS SHERLOCK!?

• E. says:

SAME HERE! Sherlock won the most Emmy’s out of anything in September and they’re pretending it doesn’t exist. Probably because Benedict is going to win for Imitation Game!

32. wrstlgirl says:

They got it wrong on so many levels.

33. M says:

I am so happy for Jane the Virgin! Well-deserved!!!

34. Cindy says:

Still no love for Parks and Rec…

35. Veronica says:

I don’t understand the continued rapture over Downton Abbey. Were the voters watching the same boring shadow of a show I was watching last year? At its best it was just a soap. At least they didn’t ignore The Good Wife, like the Emmy voters did.

36. I hope that Viola Davis will become the biggest winner on 1/11/2015. Good luck to Viola Davis.

37. CJ says:

While I am bummed about the lack of Amy Poehler, Tatiana Maslany, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine on this list, I am so utterly stoked about Gina Rodriguez and Jane the Virgin!!! Such an incredible surprise, but so well-deserved!

38. Jose says:

Im ver happy about the affair!!! My favorite new show got lots of nominations!!!!

39. bob says:

the killing (season4)?? Mireille Enos?? Joel Kinnamann?? simply the best!

40. NikkiQM says:

I just can’t get behind these nominees. They leave out so many good shows and actors. Nothing for Parenthood, nothing for The Walking Dead, no Amy Poehler, no Matt Czuchary so many others left out too. I think they should have one category for cable and Netflix and another for network shows. Too many shows get snubbed. And no offense but u don’t get the love for Jane the Virgin. If Lauren Graham never took one home for GG and then the actress from this show wins I’d be amazed. I’m glad the CW got some recognition though.

• DW says:

If Matt Czuchry can’t get a nomination for his stellar work on The Good Wife then these nominations loose credibility fast.

41. Babybop says:

If someone can make a genuine case for OINTB and Transparent being a comedy, I’ll believe you. But in my eyes, they are DRAMAS and taking spots from B99 and Parks and Rec or Mindy.

42. jerrired says:

I knew it was a long shot, but I hoped Joshua Jackson would get a supporting nod for The Affair. But I’m glad the show got so many nominations. I’m also really happy for Jane The Virgin. This nomination should give it even more of a ratings boost, which will probably make a lot of other CW shows sweat. Good.

43. KC says:

Jane the Virgin…??? Really?? OK, then.

44. Emily Weddle says:

I’m soooo disappointed Sons of Anarchy and Charlie Hunnam were not nominated. The last two episodes, especially, we’re so heart breaking and real to me. And The Walking Dead cast! So frustrated

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I agree, I love both SOA and The Walking Dead they don’t get ANY RESPECT when it comes to these award shows.

• EJ386 says:

True no other show has had me crying so hard this year. It was great writing and amazing acting. SoA deserves the recognition. And Walking Dead too, but SoA maybe even more so! Especially Charlie Hunnam.

45. RUCookie says:

Excited to see Matt Bomer getting some attention from that all star cast in the Normal Heart! Great nod for him!

46. Nothing against Jane The Virgin, but Joseph Morgan has been putting on some amazing performances for The CW for years now. It’s ridiculous that he does not get the recognition he deserves.

47. Pam goodley says:

great for Martin Freeman

48. Once again the nominees are the same shows and people… (insert SAG nominees) I refuse to watch these shows until they actually award talent!!!

49. Alrisha says:

Glad to see some new names, but I bet the winner will be the same. I hope Viola Davis take the award home

50. Jen says:

So so so so so happy about Jane the Virgin. So far the most ignored and underrated new show on television.