Ratings: Supernatural's Season-High Audience, Lingerie Beats SAMCRO

The CW’s Supernatural on Tuesday night scared up 2.62 million total viewers — rising 13 percent week-to-week to its largest audience since January (per finals) — and a 1.0 demo rating, up one tenth.

Opening the network’s night, The Flash‘s own winter finale drew 4.7 mil (its most watched episode since the premiere) and a 1.5, dipping a tenth.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Rudolph drew the night’s second-largest audience (10.6 mil) and demo rating (2.8). Leading out of an NCIS rerun (10.3 mil/1.7), the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (9.3 mil/3.4) aroused Tuesday’s biggest demo number — edging out even Sons of Anarchy‘s series finale (which notched a 3.3).

NBC | The Voice (11.2 mil/2.3) slipped two tenths week-to-week. Marry Me (4.6 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth, while About a Boy (3.7 mil/0.9) was down two tenths, tying its series low.

ABC | Leading out of Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (4.1 mil/1.1), the winter finales for Agents of SHIELD (5.3 mil/1.7) and Forever (5.2 mil/1.1) each dipped a tenth.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4.9 mil/1.6) and Mindy Project (2.6 mil/1.1) were steady, while New Girl (3.3 mil/1.5) ticked up a tenth.

1. Steve F. says:

“…the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (9.1 mil/3.3) aroused Tuesday’s biggest demo number.”

Heh.

2. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

It really is incredible that, no matter where you put it or what the lead-in is, Supernatural is still so stable after all these years.

• Rick says:

That’s probably because even after all these years, we’re still so emotionally connected to Dean, Sam, and Cas. They’re like family!

3. ninamags says:

Too bad it was such a boring episode.

Also, dirty pool, scheduling Santa Clause and Rudolph at the same time.

• CountryQueen says:

Completely agree on both parts. I was bored with my boys, and I too cried foul at the networks for doing that. The kiddos that watch aren’t even in your demos, cut them some slack!

• Rick says:

Well, it’s had the highest ratings in four years, so obviously not everyone agrees with you. I loved the midseason finale.

4. Drew says:

Congrats to Supernatural. One of the best episodes of the season. I hope it is a sample of what the rest of the season will look like.

• Rick says:

Agreed! Such a strong, beautifully written episode with lots of great character moments. Loved seeing Claire after all these years, Cas making amends, poor Dean’s downhill slump to darkness, and Sam’s slow-motion hair flip at the end. Hope the rest of the season is so good.

5. Boiler says:

Ah it never amazes me that the viewing public responds to such trash as a Victorias Secret fashion show.

• Ron says:

I agree. And while I didn’t watch it, there is one positive I can say about so many people watching this year–and that is the fact that Hozier performed on the show. If people aren’t familiar with his other songs, aside from the one that’s really big right now, then people need to get familiar. Easily one of the best artists in the past 20 years. And, in my opinion, he also has one of the best albums to come out in the past 10 years. So, yes, horrible taste in viewing habits with regard to the public as per the the show they chose to watch. But hopefully some were able to also witness legit, amazing talent on their televisions last night.

6. Mila says:

It’s great to see SPN’s ratings climb for a great Team Free Will episode! I loved it, and I hope to see Claire back again. Lovely dean and Cas moment, and I am so excited to see that Dean’s MoC storyline might still drive the second half of this season. This rating was well deserved imo!

• Anna says:

^^^THIS. This episode was awesome! People should stop being so damn negative all the time!

• Jude says:

Totally agree!!! Loved the brotherly moments. Loved the Ketchup question. Grandson feels Dean vindicated his use of ketchup on everything but cereal (lol). Was so sad to hear Dean plead with Cas to put him down if he” goes darkside “.

It gets hard to ignore the ones who bitch all the time, Anna…..so I’ll just glom on to nice appreciative comments like yours. Thanks.

• Sina Taslimy says:

spn fandom is loyal but at the same time they are the most whining sons of bitches one will ever meet
      the none spn fans would think that cw chains them in front of tv and makes them watch LOL

• Chris says:

Agreed! The Team Free Will episodes are always my favorite – great moments for Dean, Sam, and Cas.. and I love Claire. It’s nice seeing Cas starting to make amends, and I’m glad they finally confirmed Jimmy is dead. Give me more episodes like that and I’ll be thrilled with the season!