Rizzoli & Isles Renewed for Season 6

Rizzoli Isles Renewed

TNT’s Summer 2015 forecast calls for crime sprees with a high chance of arrests.

The cable network announced today that it has renewed its hit drama Rizzoli & Isles for an 18-episode Season 6, our sister site Deadline reports.

The Angie Harmon-Sasha Alexander procedural has been a Top 5 basic cable series for five straight years, Deadline notes, but a renewal was held up due to a “difficult” negotiation between the network and producer Warner Horizon.

Excited about more Rizzoli & Isles on your TV screen? Sound off in the comments!

1. Hannah says:

Yay!! My little sister will be so excited!!

2. torimelching says:

I actually stopped watching this show this season. Between the death of Frost, writing is clearly different since the showrunner/creator stepped down it feels like an entirely different show.

• Leselle says:

He died in real life, they had to it. And it was done well.

• Carol Mortensen says:

I agree this show has changed. There is a great deal of Rizzoli ( relatives included) and not much Isles. I watch the show because I enjoy the interaction between the two leads. The chemistry between the two leads is what made this show different from other procedural cop shows. Angie Harmon seems to be in every scene this year and one never knows when Sasha Alexander will be in a scene. I hope the new season goes back to some of what made this show unique. Angie jumping off a bridge for some random guy who cheated on his wife makes no sense.Dumping little TJ, Lydia, Tommy, and Jo Friday to make time for random scenes with guests stars who scenes are so brief that we don’t get emotionally invested in them is not good writing.

3. Tran says:

YES! YES! YES! I always dreamed of Angie Harmon now that she’s dumping her hubby Jason Sehorn after so many years.

4. iceturkee says:

about freaking time!!!!!!!! :-)

5. lqza says:

I really do not know why, it’s rubbish that bears no relation to the books.

6. I am glad that Rizzoli/Isles will be renewal for the sixth season. I can’t wait to see what will happened in the sixth season.

7. Frank says:

TNT is dead to me since they cancelled Dallas.

• Moment says:

I think the opposite, I like TNT as they gave Falling Skies a final season despite the huge decline in ratings and the relative expense of the show. I could not thank them enough.

8. Dottie says:

Hurray. Have loved Angie since Law & Order and Sasha since NCIS. They make a great duo

9. Ralph says:

Happy for R&I fans. Will FOREVER be angry over Dallas!!!

10. Susan says:

I AM VERY HAPPY!!! This is one of my favorite shows!!! Great news for a change!!

11. Murray Tandler says:

Well deserved renewal. Cast is top-notch and the chemistry between the female leads awesome. Now, TNT, how about renewing Legends?

12. Pat G says:

Very glad your returning
    Enjoy seeing shy corsac w/out his
    Animal house toga .

13. JC1 says:

That’s good news. I was wondering why it was taking so long.

14. Eric7740 says:

Great News!!! Love R&I!!! Now, when is the back half of season 5 suppose air???

15. Patty says:

Rizzoli & Isles return on February 17, 2015.

16. Aly D says:

So freakin excited! I hated waiting for news.WOOOHOOO!

17. Lachen says:

YAY!!! My Favorite Show!

18. I am delighted that my favorite TV series, “Rizzoli & Isles” has been renewed for a sixth season. I watch the show because of Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, who have great chemistry together.

19. Carol Pearce says:

Looking forward to the show coming back on. MISS it I am a junkie dor the BOOKS and SHOW

20. Donna Lindsey says:

Very, Very Excited!! My husband and I both love this show and can hardly wait for each new season to start!! Hip, Hip Hooray!!

21. Good news for a change! My luck with shows I like being renewed has been dismal. Rizzoli & Isles being picked up for another season is one of the few bright spots. Well done TNT.

22. auntiemm says:

To those of you who still love the show, congrats, but I also quit watching the show this past season. I’d never missed a first run ep but the pregnancy storyline, the Angela character and the overall writing left me cold. Cancelling Perception hasn’t helped either.

23. Very glad to read this!

24. mike says:

I drive a truck, so I have the books on tape. Amazing how different the show is from the books, but I like them both.

25. Edna says:

Love Rizzle & Isles, Aldo loved Dallas- great acting, both show!!!!

26. David says:

Don’t know they’ll simply cancel it without warning or any kind of conclusion since it’s on TNT. Just give them time.

27. Pat says:

We are so upset because we can’t get TNT anymore without buying another package. We have always watched this show and love Angie Harmon – too bad.

28. Teresa says:

TNT finally enewed a show I watch

29. twink465 says:

I am ecstatic! I ;love, love this show. It’s about time they didn’t cancel something good. I really miss the ones they did cancel!!!!!!!!

30. albertj15 says:

THis is good news. Rizzoli an Isles is one of the shows I look forward to, because the actors work well together an make the evening enjoyable.

31. I am sooooooo happy, love this show!!!!!!!!

32. Vicki S. says:

Hooray. I love this show because it can be fun to watch. Please tell us about Longmire also! Thanks for keep Rizzoli and Isles alive and well. The books don’t match but I like the show far more than the books anyways. Thanks.

33. Donna says:

I am so lad is coming back its one of he best shows

34. SherryB says:

At least this show was renewed unlike Dallas which they axed..Really haven’t been watching TNT since then..

35. PJK says:

I am so happy, I love this show!

36. Kayla says:

I’m so glad they renewed for another season!! After they canceled perception I was so upset, that was a really good show too, but am super happy they renewed this and major crimes!!!

37. Mickey says:

Love it…now just waiting!

38. Sandy Morse says:

One of the best shows on TV. A show adults can enjoy. Please keep it coming.
    Sandy.

39. Charlotte says:

So glad to hear this show is coming back. It is one of our favorite shows. Love both the gals and the rest of the cast.

40. Linda says:

Very glad for the renewal of R&I—the best female duo since Cagney & Lacey (am I dating myself?). If it’s true that Ms. Harmon and her hubby Jason Seahorn are divorcing I am very sad because I was watching The Tonight Show the night he proposed to her. It was the most genuine situation ever seen on tv (at least for me). I agree with Leselle that the handling of the Frost character was done in very good taste. At least the show’s producers, writers, actors, etc. recognized his death which is more than I can say the Emmy/SAG/Golden Globe organizations. Also Entertainment Magazine mentioned it in passing but had Philip Seymore Hoffman’s cover pic and extensive write-up. t don’t remember if Entertainment Tonight mentioned the death but if they did it was in passing. Forgive me, America, but I think the last situation Rizzoli needs to add to her life is a baby, especially considering her line of work. Lastly, I would like to see a love connection between Rizzoli’s mom and Corshack.

41. Gillian says:

great that there will be a season 6. didn’t like the first lot of Dallas 78-91. why did they bother rehashing tired old plots. come up with something new.

42. Kathy Dallen says:

When will new episodes start? Anxious for them to get started! !!!!. Love this show as much if not more than Major Crimes, and love that one alot as well. Would love to see both on prime time shows on major stations along with the amount episodes of those like NCSI, Elementary, Forever, and the like.

43. Lola says:

omg i love this show i just started watching during season 5 but when i saw a couple of reruns of season 4 i just became obsessed with this show and the people in it great show

44. Mattie says:

This show is GREAT, for it does not just focus on the police aspect alone but more so on their private lives . I love it ……………………………… Hopefully, it will continue for years to come…………….

45. Wilma says:

I love Rizzoli & Isles, it has a great story line

46. Sharon says:

I’m over joyed to hear the good news!!!! That is a great show!!

47. Karen miller says:

Love, love, love this show!!!!

48. Lynn says:

Rizzoli & Isles truly, the ONLY program in the list of TNT shows worth watching. Soooo happy it will be around for viewers with good taste.