The League to End After Season 7

The League Cancelled

The final battle for the Shiva is nigh.

FXX on Monday announced that The League will return for a seventh and final season in early 2015, giving the long-running fantasy sports comedy a chance to go out in style.

RELATED You’re the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX

Originally an FX series, The League stars Mark Duplass, Stephen Rannazzisi, Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, Jon Lajoie and Katie Asleton as a group of friends who constantly find themselves at odds over their fantasy football standings.

Will you miss The League? What are you hoping to see in its final season? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. M says:

Whaaaaat? Why?? I always just figured that there were a lot of viewers. Am I mistaken?

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

You are very mistaken, It gets less than half a million viewers. It’s my favorite comedy and I’ll miss it but I’m very happy it gets to go out on a high note.

• Zachary Depperschmidt says:

It gets enough viewers, whatever reason they are taking it off it is still a mistake. There are few shows i watch on FX, always sunny, this and handful of others. Definitely makes me want to watch the channel less knowing this show is ending

2. jmble says:

I loved this show and still love everybody in the main cast. But this show has gotten borderline unwatchable lately. I think it’s probably time.

• Lindsey says:

I agree. It has steadily declined the last few seasons, and this season was so unwatchable I pretty much let it go. It’s time.

• Law Zaba says:

You are all right. It is sad because in heart it is such a great show. But I suppose it was a matter of time. My wife and I both agree it is an amazing comedy but also think in the past few seasons it has been lacking and begging for a compassionate end. :'(

3. NOOOOOOOOO. I love feeling like an awful human being once a week! ugh Life w/o Taco is no life!

4. Jon says:

This show has been absolutely godawful since the second season. Can’t happen soon enough.

5. David says:

I loved this show until season 5 when it became all Rafi all the time. I haven’t watched it since. Maybe I’ll try again before it’s gone, because I loved the early seasons

6. James says:

This is upsetting. Take it back.

7. Joey Padron says:

Glad they’ll get one more season to finish the show. It’s good and funny, I’m gonna miss it when it ends.

8. Larry says:

This show is still very funny but 7 season is a good run even for a network show.

9. Ron says:

I love the show, but it’s time. So I’m not disappointed. I’m just happy it gets a final season to wrap up everything how it wants to.

10. LAwoman says:

Aw, I’ll really miss this show. I’m glad there’s another season to finish it right.

11. Cas says:

Returning in early 2015? It just had the finale a few weeks ago. And doesn’t it take place during football season? I think this article is inaccurate. I never watched the show until the last couple seasons because my husband loves it. I have to admit I enjoy it too.

12. GL£ says:

I hope Kevin goes out as the final champion. And then on the trophy it says Brian.

13. Christine says:

It’s silly humor. You don’t have to think to much to enjoy it- that’s what I’ll miss the most. I don’t even care about football, or actual leagues- which is probably why most of the cameo’s are wasted on me, but I love Taco. The episode about Rafi and Dirty Randy meeting the institution was hysterical.

14. Ram510 says:

This shown is so great, I can’t believe its ending already, especially with Sunny still having a couple seasons left to air. This past season had some of the funniest episodes of the series! This show will be missed

15. Mario A Kusakabe Jr says:

THIS show is so AWESEME, if you play Fantasy Football is even FUNNIER, I will miss this very much

16. Sean Schmidt says:

Absolutely hilarious “guy” humor show. Very quick witted show. I’m saddened to see it cancelled

17. ms. m says:

Every show that I love with Nick Kroll is getting cancelled D:

18. The D says:

This show should never end, it inspires all of us fantasy owners to be ass holes win or lose!

19. doc says:

Rafi spin off plz TV Jesus.

20. Joel says:

Love this show just found out about it on shomi watched five seasons straight can’t believe season seven is gonna be the last
    Wish it would go for ever

21. Chris says:

I’m from the UK and i love this show, im gutted the show is coming to an end

22. Sebastian Peters says:

Y????? 😩 By far my favorite Comedy series. Will b sad to see it end. Would like to know the date Season 7 will b released.

23. Kate says:

Awe this blows….the league is my favorite show and I will miss everything about it. It is the one show that makes me crack up laughing and then make sure no one was watching me laugh at the cruel but hilarious joke!

24. khmltnn says:

I just found this show through Netflix and love it, I’m so bummed now that it’s gonna be cancelled :(

25. damien says:

Forever uncleeeeeeèeen

26. Mark says:

Every friggin show I love gets cancelled. What does that say about my choice in humor?? Oh well, there is always The Middle.

27. Justin says:

What?! Why?! How?! This is the same feeling I had woth breaking bad and Sons! This show is in its prime! …..make andre smoke pubes again or something :-(

28. M says:

Nooooooooo!!!! *sob* Funniest show on tv!!!! Shivakamini Somakandarkram!!!

29. tracy emory says:

I just finished binge watching The League and I LOVE IT! The League even made me consider watching football, and I’m more of a romcom gal. I now follow the whole cast on Twitter and will be watching for each cast member in future projects.

And the writers are HILARIOUS!!! I will be watching for them also.

30. So disappointing

A show with immense potential – lacked a producer

the 5ft and 6th season are to blame? (not completely because)
    They missed a producer who think in the future? (It’s his fault !!)
    It’s the FXX to blame and maybe other companies would do better !? (Of course !!)

tsk…
    Where to find a adult comedy serie
    with blue and dark comedy
    good cringe/insult jokes with sports related? NOWHERE !!!!

31. Jim says:

Go figure. Once again Fox does not know a good thing. The league is by far one of those shows i watch over and over again. It is like Seinfeld, it never gets old.

32. Dr. Gonzo says:

That is bs… what else is fxx gonna put on more reruns of in living color and parks and rec?

33. Brandi says:

I am so mad that they will end it with season 7, my husband and I love it!!! We are huge fantasy football players and we are a lot like Kevin and Jenny on the show. Super bummed about this!!!

34. Melissa negley says:

This season has been so boring. The writers are getting lazy and the actors are very off. It’s a shame.

35. Rey says:

I’m super pi*sed that they’d do that, not to mention they end season 7 with a cliffhanger (as usual) Like I’m still waiting for that new season (which isn’t coming) to see them start drafting again (drafting eps are absolutely hilarious) anyway, that flippin suck meng.

36. Joshua Farr says:

Bring the league back! It was/is the best show on tv!

37. Nate says:

As funny as this how is and I’ve watched religiously it was getting more and more aggravating the further and further they went away from actuall fantasy football talk so I’d say it had a good run but good ridence not to mention I hated the episodes based on rafi and randy

38. Jennifer Hudman says:

If that was the final season, I would have expected the last episode to be better than it was. Now knowing that they knew it would be the last season, they should have planned for that and made a better ending. I thought that the way it ended meant that there had to be another season coming that just blows my mind. Yes, I will definitely miss the show,especially Taco!