Fall TV Preview

Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts Join Ryan Murphy's Scream Queens for Fox

Scream Queens Jamie Lee Curtis

Jamie Lee Curtis is returning to her Halloween roots with a lead role on Scream Queens, Fox’s new comedy-horror anthology series from American Horror Storytellers Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan and Dante Di Loreto.

Emma Roberts, who counts American Horror Story as well as Scream 4 among her chiller-thriller cred, also has boarded the series, which is set for a Fall 2015 premiere.

The first, 15-episode installment of Scream Queens revolves around a college campus which is rocked by a series of murders. Details on either actress’ character have not yet been made available.

Curtis’ recent TV credits include New Girl and NCIS.

1. joao says:

ok, now i’m (even more) excited to this!!!

• Kevin says:

Me too! glad this is happening, emma roberts’ youthful energy doesn’t really suit AHS’ more serious seasons (not coven), which is more adult imo. Now, with jessica lange potentially leaving, AHS is poised to have a huge cast shakeup in s5, which will be most exciting, we no longer have jessica lange reigning over the rest of the super talented cast. How about giving sarah paulson, angela bassett etc a chance at lead? s5 should be a promising season.

2. Carl says:

So, okay, this is great news. If the world wasn’t excited before, now we are. This is a big development/ property for FOX now. I expect some great results.

3. Anna says:

YES! I’m in!
    It would be interesting to see how the comedy and horror work together but you can’t go wrong with Jamie Lee Curtis ;)

4. James says:

So this is like Halloween meets Scream and the lead character is going to be named Sidney Strode?

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Okay, now I am excited! I’ve always loved Jamie and I thought Emma was fantastic in Scream 4. Can’t wait for this!

6. Sounds like Scream 2 which was entertaining so i’ll end up watching at least the first season.

7. Steven says:

Ok, even though this season of AHS stinks I HAVE to watch this.

8. Mr. Wubs says:

So it’s American Horror Story but on Fox?

9. I can’t wait until the Scream Queen finally debut on Fox. Jamie Lee Curtis and Emma Robert sound like they will be the right cast. Good luck to the future.

10. Joe R says:

Please let this be wonderful!!

11. Paul says:

Having been a fan of JLC in earlier years, I developed a dislike for her with her stint on NCIS. maybe this will turn things around.

12. I was far more interested in the other TV series Curtis was working on, Final Girls. That one was going to take the concept seriously, not be a comedy.

13. why does murphy love roberts so much?

14. J.B. says:

I liked it better when it was called Scream 2.

15. Larry C. says:

Is Jamie Lee Curtis going to bring enough Activia for all to eat?

16. Hi there, after reading thius amazing paragraph i am too
    delighted to share my know-how here with friends.

17. cougarilla says:

I love the pictures that illustrate this article :)