CBS Sets Date for Dovekeepers Mini

Dovekeepers Cote de Pablo

CBS has set a premiere date for The Dovekeepers, its limited event series marking Cote de Pablo’s return to the network NCIS calls home.

The two-night event will air Tuesday, March 31 and Wednesday, April 1, from 9 to 11 pm ET.

Set in ancient Israel and based on Alice Hoffman’s acclaimed historical novel, the project follows a group of extraordinary women whose lives intersect in a fight for survival at the siege of Masada. That real-life event occurred in 70 C.E. (aka A.D.), when 900 Jews who’d been forced out of Jerusalem by the Romans held out for months against Roman troops at a mountain fortress in the Judean desert.

De Pablo, Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards) and Kathryn Prescott (Finding Carter) star in the title dovekeeper roles, Sam Neill (Alcatraz) is the first-century Jewish scholar and historian Josephus, and Diego Boneta (Pretty Little Liars) plays a star warrior of the Jewish army at Masada.

RELATED NCIS Boss ‘Thrilled’ for Cote de Pablo’s Dovekeepers Role, Affirms There’s No Bad Blood

The four-hour event series is executive-produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett (The Bible).

1. I’m really looking forward to seeing Cote de Pablo, Kathryn Prescott, Rachel Brosnahan, Sam Neill, Diego Boneta and others in The Dovekeepers. I’ve enjoyed seeing behind the scene pictures on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Thank you for sharing this with the fans. :-)

2. ChicagoDan says:

Smart to use NCIS as lead-in for first night…. Plus when did a four hour movie become a limited series? It barely qualifies what used to be known as a ‘mini-series.’

• Marc says:

Four hours in two parts used to be called a two-part TV movie. Now, it is normal to call it a miniseries, a two episode miniseries. Limited series? Hype and fluff. Unless it is really four episodes, shown in pairs, then calling it a “limited event series” is marketing nonsense.

3. Jeanie says:

I’m really excited to see Cote de Pablo, and the others in The Dovekeepers. I’m glad we got a glimpse into it from the pictures the cast, and director posted .

4. It’s time to see Cote de Pablo back on screen. The movie works has shown how much fun the cast and stuff had on this series. It show too how welcome Cote on this set was. CBS has to bring her back to her old show. And any way if some special haters get an heart attack, NCIS is Cote de Pablo’s show. She is able to bring back this show to old success. And I’m sure that CBS know it exactly.

• DL says:

I say this without any intention of snark or sass, but I thought it was Ms. Pablo’s decision to leave the show. Feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken.

• Mary Ann says:

To quote Elsa, The Snow Queen: “Let it go, let it go……”

• John NYC says:

Cote’s show? I expect Mark Harmon would be surprised to hear that!

• sandi says:

Nobody claimed,Cote owned NCIS. It IS “her old show”, in the commonly used venacular of referring to the show she used to appear on.

Clearly CBS identifies NCIS stronly with Cote as they are linking the viewing of this directly with NCIS. And you bet the promos on CBS are very likely to also prominently mention Cotes NCIS connection. I will stand corrected if it does not happen, but all indications from the network are that they consider NCIS to be Cotes “old show” and have every intention of milking that connection for viewers.

5. John NYC says:

Costume period pieces just don’t appeal to me. With lots of other choices I hope nevertheless that it works out for the viewers who do like that sort of thing. I’m not sure whether a short project ups the chances by concentrating the money or squishes the story into too small a space….

6. Charles marshall says:

I still wish ncis would consider cote returning home to ncis they know her fans are pushing cbs and ncis to get her back look how much the ratings dropped science b she left does that nottell cbs d on think please sign her back cbs

7. Badbob says:

Will be glad to have Ziva back. The series is just not the same without her.

• NCIS has lose all and this only to have a compliant actress, easy to handle, so they look for a talentless.

• Terry Anders says:

Well, you keep babbling on about bringing back Cote–but, you have left out one tiny little thing–what does Cote want? Are you daring to say you speak for her? When someone quits a show to go do other things–oh, like, what this article is all about–a new and different venue for her, what makes you think she even wants to return? I also find it amazing, that this article is totally about an upcoming movie, which, I am eager to see after reading the book, and you once again bring up NCIS instead of what this article is pertaining to. Wow, and that goes for anyone who can’t give the poor woman some peace and a chance to try other projects. She left because SHE wanted to. I bet she winces, anytime someone starts ragging on her about NCIS–way to go off topic, dude…….

• John NYC says:

Not the same but in my opinion better. Whether that’s an issue of that character being eliminated or simply the character being removed woke up the writers I can’t say. But the show had gotten somewhat stale, and that hasn’t been the case in the seasons since Cote left the show. Perhaps a recast would have left the show in the same rut what with the Ziva character and storyline in place, or maybe not, we’ll never know.

8. Oh so happy to read this and her movie the 33 will be out later in the year. What would make my family, I and so many fans is for Cote to come back to NCIS as Ziva David!

• Dean says:

Unless you missed it already Cote wanted and chose to leave and if you or someone else wants to repeat the same well rehearsed line of ‘CBS should have paid her more’ let me ask you are you: do you personally know Cote? Did she tell you herself that he wasn’t paid and was let go while you two went clubbing? If not can it.

• maria says:

It is simply mind-boggling how many people will.not.listen to the fact that she CHOSE to leave. They just don’t get it. It’s either absolute stubbornness or a reading comprehension issue, far as I can tell…

9. Cheryl says:

Should be very interesting and hopefully up to Roma and Mark’s usual high standard. Prayers.

10. estefania says:

I am so excited and I cant wait I read the book and this so interesting and wonderful story also the cast and crew are so talented and great… specially COTE DE PABLO in her character shirah’s , she is super talented and gorgeous and we miss her … I dont say good luck , bc they dont need , bc this is so good production….

also I cant wait to see the 33 , where cote play a chilean wife one of miner, well she said she is so proud and feeling honor for acting in her country … and this is a great true story with so talented cast and crew and wonderful producer…I hope to see her in more project , bc her talen ted is needed on TV and cinema World

11. sandi says:

Interesting how many are trying to disconnect Cote from current NCIS when it was CBS who chose to strategically schedule this event on a Tuesday night immediately following NCIS. CBS still considers Cote and NCIS linked, and desires her fan base.

• John NYC says:

Exploiting her fan base, more to the point. And why not? It’s all about selling the eyeballs. One detail would be whether it’s following a first run NCIS or a repeat.

12. Mat says:

Finally, something good to look forward to for CBS. I’m happy to see where Cote is now and what she’s been doing lately, this woman is talented and I hope they make use of her in this industry even more. She’s one to fit in easily, and I. Love. Her.

13. bluemalak says:

Fantastic book, can’t wait for the miniseries.

14. Ellinas1978 says:

As long as 9-11 means that there won’t be a Survivor pre-emption they can do whatever they want.

15. twink465 says:

Can’t wait. Hope it’s worth it!!!

16. I’m excited for this new series and love that Cote de Pablo will be back on CBS!! Yeah!! The story sounds very intriguing too.

17. June Asbury says:

Ncis will never be the same without Cote de Pablo.

18. Ironic that Miss de Pablo will still be playing someone connected to Massaid. ( The agency was named for the Hold out of Massada)

19. Masshuuil Thulcandra says:

Sam Neill as Josephus? That’s a bit of bad casting if there ever was any.

20. Shirley says:

So great to see Cote back on TV. We all have missed you on NCIS and are looking forward to your new adventures.

21. Patsy Johnson says:

Can’t wait to see Cote in this 4 hour series.

22. Kevin Moore says:

can you tell me when will the dovekeepers be shown in the uk