Pretty Little Liars Boss Reveals Major 'Turns' for Paily on Christmas Episode

Pretty Little Liars Christmas

Pretty Little Liars‘ Emily and Paige haven’t always had the most solid relationship, and it sounds like Tuesday’s Christmas episode (ABC Family, 8/7c) will only complicate their love story even further.

“Their relationship takes a few turns during the Christmas episode,” executive producer Marlene King tells TVLine. “There’s a lot that happens with them. It’ll be interesting to see how fans respond to their journey.”

As always, King remains mum about what such “turns” might entail, but something tells me both halves of Paily will emerge from the holiday special relatively unscathed. After all, King tells TVLine that Spencer, Hanna and Alison — with a dash of Toby — will be the individuals challenged most next week.

Additionally, the photos from Tuesday’s episode show Emily and Paige in bright spirits, holding hands and dancing together. So what “turns” could possibly befall them — and why do I get the feeling “A” will have something to do with them?

Drop a comment below with your take on the current state of Paily. Are you rooting for the couple, or is it time to let that ship sail into the sunset?

1. Nick says:

Are they at a school dance? and Aria is there with Ezra? How has he not been thrown in jail?

• Andy Swift says:

lol they’re at a “holiday” dance, and honestly, I’m not sure about Ezra. Really figured he’d be behind bars by now.

• Kait says:

Especially since they’re pretty out in the open at this point, considering he was consoling her at Mona’s murder scene and there were cops and curious onlookers all around. And even with the screwy timeline it’s Christmastime their Junior year? Senior year? Multiple halloweens in one year? Oh Rosewood, at least you’re not Ravenswood

• Josie says:

It’s not a school dance, it’s a dance hosted by the DiLaurentis family for the town of Rosewood.

• Who is going to put him away? the cops in Rosewood? new officer Toby? ha… HA.

2. Wingger says:

Emily will get jealous when she sees Alison kissing someone else at the ball. Then Paige will get jealous about Emily getting jealous about Alson. Then Emily will lie to Paige and tell he she is not still in love with Alison.

3. So in other words all us emison shippers should just forget it.It’s clear king and everyone else who claimed to love emison was lying.It’s other ships they love.If alison Is a like books it’s so stupid to have liars suspect that.But who knows maybe us alison fans will only have to stay around till 5×25 and then she will mostly be gone and then we can quit.

4. paris says:

Who cares!!! Seriously this is the least liked pairing on the show.

Come on Andy where is the Emison scoop

5. Susie says:

i hope paily is endgame…we will see.

6. AM says:

Let Paily sail into the sunset

7. KimRene says:

I hope when they say “major turns” they mean an actual break up. I can’t stand Paige. I would rather see Emily with ANYONE but her.

8. Courtney says:

Paige just seriously needs to go away. I never liked her & honestly I never will. Emily just deserves soooo much better.

9. megan says:

I like pagie with emily better than ali, ali never loved emily she only used amd played her always has paige has always loved emily I mean ali is jus so sneaky n manipulating and she is always tryin to turn the girls against each other. But id rather see emily w maya I miss her !!!

10. ashley says:

Why is Pailey always being torn apart? Everyone else gets a happy relationship with a few bumps, lies and craziness along the way. Emily never gets her happiness.

11. sam says:

Am i supposed to root for them because honestly they are the worst couple on the show

12. kayra says:

Nope! EMAYA!

I’ve only loved seeing Emily with Maya. Who is alive and supposed to try and kill Paige but doesn’t kill her :/ I could definitely see Emily ending up single by the time the show ends….

13. JS says:

BORING AND PREDICTABLE

14. Beth says:

I love Paily, I hope they are together, til the end of the series!

15. maria abreu says:

I want Emily and paige together.

16. dk says:

Emily is settling for Paige because Ali let her down. I don’t feel like she actually loves her. I also don’t think she should be with Ali. I don’t know why but I’ve always had this strange feeling that Emily and Jenna should end up together. There’s something there.

17. shananigan00 says:

I honestly have no idea why so many people hate Paily. I think their relationship is misunderstood. They are just like every other couple going through good and bad times, just trying to make it through. If they’re boring, then every couple on the show is boring – that’s how bizarre these statements are.

Sometimes I wonder about the fans that want Emily with Allison… Cause really, why would anyone want her to be with someone who uses and manipulates her, who doesn’t think Emily hung the moon, who is basically a sociopath? That makes no sense to me.

I like both Emily and Paige separately, but I feel they are at their best together. I’m hoping these “turns” are for the better and not the worse.

18. Melissa says:

Paige matters. It’s a character that should be played till the end. We need to see the happy ending of Paily. What’s the point of their relationship if it ends that way? It would ruin everything. Almost like if Paige would be A or die. A happy ending for them is the whole point. Otherwise, it’s just a cruel way of ruining all we saw of them through the years. This is how I see it.

• Beth says:

i agree with your post, Emily & Paige should end up together. Emily is only happy with Paige, she said it herself, she wanted to go to Sanford with her, and live together. She wanted away from everything, but Paige. She wanted to build a life with Paige. I really hope their story continues, and Emily & Paige get their dream together! Because no one has ever made Emily smile as much as Paige. I hope TPTB give us more Paily during the next 2 1/2 seasons. Because there are many who love them together.

19. kerubo says:

Something got to me… If Toby’s mum was pushed by Cece’s friend, who was older than Alison by far,how come she was around when Toby brought Ali home? And this was when Ali was a teenager