Girl Meets World: Eric, Mr. Feeny & More Returning in Season 2 — First Photo

Girl Meets World Eric

The Matthews’ fractured family tree near completion next season when one of the last remaining holdouts pays Girl Meets World a long-overdue visit.

The writers for the Disney Channel series on Wednesday confirmed that Will Friedle will finally reprise the role of Cory’s older brother Eric — also known as Plays With Squirrels — in the show’s upcoming second season. (Naturally, the episode is titled “Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels.”)

And Eric’s not the only familiar face returning in 2015. The writers also revealed that the gang will journey to Mr. Feeny’s house “to retrieve something from the past,” and according to this photo tweeted by Ben Savage, they’re bringing Shawn along for the ride:

Per the writers, “Shawn, Eric and Mr. Feeny will be an important part of season 2. Lives will change. People will grow. People won’t.”

And here’s one more tease for you to chew on: “Another member of the original cast will also join us this year. There will be an announcement about it. That is all.”

Any guesses as to which former cast member will return? (My money’s on Angela, Rachel or Jack… or Morgan.) Drop a comment with your guess below.

1. jalahyacinth says:

Ahhhhh! Eric! I love Will Friedle.

2. Sarah says:

All this talk of old cast members “returning” and “joining”.. Does any of it mean on anything close to a permanent basis or are we talking maybe just ONE episode ? I know the show is about Riley and Maya (and I love this show) but Shawn and Eric *would* be great to have around in addition for any of the adult scenes and storylines..

3. Joey says:

The other member coming back is obviously Morgan, she’s Cory’s sister and actually has a reason to be there unlike Angela, Rachel or Jack, those three shouldn’t return at all.

• Alexis says:

What about the fact that jack is Shawns bro? They can b in NYC for some reason?

• Um hold up, yes I know morgan is Cory’s sister, Jack is shawns brother, and Angela is shawns love. and if you remember, Jack and Rachel were close. so if Jack returns then Rachel has to. and I also hear that Chet Hunters ghost might appear. aka Shawns dead Father. even joey and frankie have a chance in an episode, maybe to visit Harley. and then Griffin,

Mr. Feeny is returning so why not Mr. Turner as well, and the young black teacher too.

• Emma Wilson says:

well that would be awesome

• KateKup says:

I think at some point they may bring back a lot of the old cast members, even if it’s just for an episode or two like Minkus. However I think the mystery cast member will probably be on the show for awhile otherwise why make a big fuss about it and get everyone riled up? Morgan’s the most logical answer. The show is focused around Riley, not Shawn or Mr.Feeny, not even Cory. Cory even says it’s Riley’s world now. So think about it, what would most benefit Riley? Shawn finding closure with Angela? Jack and Rachel who really have no direct connection to Riley? Cory and Shawn finding out what happened to their teacher? Or Riley finally having her entire family in one place at one time? And think of all the things she could learn from her aunt. The possibilities are endless if Morgan comes back. (if they do bring her back I hope they bring back the originally Morgan)

• Lisa says:

Angela could be Shawn’s ex-wife

• hras29 says:

That would be good for morgan to come back. It would be cool to see her all grown up. And she could probably play an important role in riely and maya’s life. Although cory did tell shawn on the last episode to meet someone and shawn wants a family so it could also be angela, whom shawn was in love with for awhile.

• everyoneintheworldwithhalfaworking brsin says:

Are you insane?!?! This is Angela, Jack, and Rachel we’re talking about! Don’t get me wrong i loved morgan an i totally think she should show up, but at the very least they should let Angela come back. We hear all this talk about Shawn starting a family and you’re going to tell me she shouldn’t come back? Pardon me, but for God’s sake… THINK! (Besides bringing back Morgan would be really awkward considering that there were two actresses that played her)

• Sue says:

They are setting up Shawn and Katie ( Maya’s) mom. I know we have already seen Minkus but it could even just be more of him or even Feeny’s niece.

• Mycikle says:

Im sorry but didn’t you see the episode of girl meets world where maya wants shawn to be her father so when shawn touches the bag of maya s mom a relationship would start so im sure its not angela and plus maya wants shawn to be her father

• abbey. says:

Jack should return because 1. thats Shawn’s brother & 2. he’s Eric’s best friend. Those 2 are important cast members in season 2.

• Rose says:

They are but don’t forget this show is not about Shawn & Cory anymore . So it doesn’t matter is that’s Shawn’s brother. This is about Riley & maya. I think to bring back jack & rachael at all would be pointless & that would be moving off of the storyline for girl meets world.

• Megan says:

If it was Morgan my question would be which actress. She was played by two separate actresses and the one who went to the comic con for the boy meets world interview 2013 was the more quiet one not the one everyone remembers in the older seasons.

4. aplwrites says:

Mystery memeber? Morgan, Angela, Jack, Rachel, Feeney’s dean love, Lauren, the black kid who was friends with Shawn and Corey in middle school.

5. Sam says:

If it’s an ORIGINAL cast member it’s either Stuart Minkus is back again or Morgan but Which One?

6. Bri says:

I am so excited about Will Friedle!! Also I really hope it’s Angela so we get closure for her and Shawn’s relationship.

7. Sarah says:

And it sounds like Mr. Feeny might be dying. Not on board with that ! :( :(

• Travis says:

I’m just glad his character is probably still alive now… the series premiere suggested otherwise.

• Jazmine says:

I know! The way he appeared to Corey as if he were dead! I was worried

• Sofia says:

I thought the same thing I started crying and my eight year old niece gawked at me like I was crazy because she didn’t get it! Poor kid! We both adore girl meets world but she refuses to watch boy meets world because it is about a boy! Hahahah

• Sue says:

Mr. Feeny briefly appeared live on the premier. William Daniels is still alive and kicking

8. Brian says:

They said original cast, so I’m guessing the original Morgan.

9. brayewen says:

Morgan Matthews still hasn’t appeared. But I hope it’s Angela

10. kd83954 says:

I just started crying at my desk, no joke.

11. Court says:

This is stupid. Eric was only Plays with Squirrels in a dream sequence type thing, it wasn’t for real.

12. ray says:

watching all together on the set brings tears to my eyes..

13. Mr. Bill says:

Where’s Cory’s younger sister Morgan?

14. Travis says:

Morgan is the only original character no to appear or not already announced to appear… That said I hope its Mr. Turner, who didnt appear until season 2.

• Travis says:

Of course reading that again “original cast” likely means Boy Meets World cast in general and not structly someone who was an original cast member of Boy Meets World

• hras29 says:

That would be nice to see mr. Turner too. I wonder though, on the last episode of girl meets world, who is uncle Josh? The kid that came with corys mom and dad. Never seen him before. Is he adopted? Or where did he come from? Im confused.

• Jazmine says:

Oooh Mr turner!! I’d love for it to be him

15. MissMel says:

And I thought it couldn’t get any better than this Friday’s Christmas special!! .I have to admit, I was both excited and nervous about this show in the beginning, but I think they’ve been doing a great job of balancing the new stories for Riley and her friends with the nostalgia us old-heads were craving.

16. Ron says:

I was about 95% convinced that Will would opt to not reprise his role as Eric. I seriously can’t wipe the smile off my face. This news makes me abundantly happy!!!

17. melissa says:

Me turner?!?

18. melissa says:

MR turner?!?

19. Dan says:

So Mr. Feeney’s NOT dead then…that’s good news! So glad to see more original cast members guest start, especially Eric. Hopefully they explain where he and Morgan are during the Xmas episode this week.

And hopefully the other returning cast member is Angela. Or Morgan.

20. Danielle Price says:

I hope it Angela so I hope they had her and shawn end up together

21. Bianka says:

ANGELA and SHAWN

22. lorna says:

Hope its jack. Could care less about the other names thrown out.

23. Casey says:

I love that he tweeted about meeting his “niche” as a way of announcing it. XD I’m so excited! Eric is my all time favorite! Ladies, you can have Shawn Hunter. My biggest crush was always Eric Matthews. <3 I'll be honest. I haven't really been keeping up with this show. It's not that I don't want to. Boy Meets World was my favorite show growing up. I just always forget when it's on. ): But I'm definitely gonna have to get it together and have it all watched before Eric shows up. I can't miss that for anything. (:

24. J-LoBrown says:

Am I the only one hoping its Eli the Journalism teacher / best friend of Mr. Turner played by Alex Dessert who comes back to tell everyone that Mr. Turner has finally passed away after spending 17 years in that coma and in his will he has left Shawn his Harley?

25. Miss Ava says:

I have been waiting for this moment! I’ve been writing about Will Friedle for the longest time. He has been my favorite celeb since 1993! Thank you for coming back, Will! Um, where can I preorder the GMW DVD with Special Features? ^_^

26. Babybop says:

Yayyyy! Looks like they’re digging up a time capsule or something… I’m prepared to sob the entire episode.

27. The mystery member of the original cast is probably Morgan or Angela, though Jack or Rachel wouldn’t shock me either. They’ll probably all make appearances eventually.

28. Luis says:

Will they finally find Mr. Turner?

29. Joey Padron says:

So happy when I saw Will who plays Eric tweeted a photo of Girls Meets World script with his name on it! Happy he’s finally gonna be on the show. Happy Shawn, Alan, & Mr.Feeny are coming back in season 2!

30. Lizo says:

OMG YAYYYYYY!!!! As for the returning, I hope it’s Jack and that he and Eric are getting married or something

31. coreyamanda says:

Reblogged this on Flee to Fiction and commented:
    Oh my goodness, YES! And Shawn needs to stay in the GIRL MEETS WORLD universe. Okay? Let’s be real here. As much as Cory and Topanga are wonderfully in love and have always been meant to end up together, blah bah blah; Cory and Shawn are the real soulmates. You can’t have Cory existing without Shawn. It shouldn’t be! Why is Disney not putting ore hype on Friday’s episode?!

32. Alexis says:

What about the fact that jack is Shawns bro? They can b in NYC for some reason?

33. Alexis says:

What about mr. Turner? He was alive if u remember when they graduated from high school? Or how about the Frankie &/or the little bully blanking on his name. *brain fart

34. It has been suggested by Michael Jacobs we might eventually learn what happened to Mr. Turner in-universe so I wonder if that’s what they’re gonna announce.

35. Gevorg says:

Morgan 100 percent

36. lordgray says:

I really love Girl Meets World, some people find it corny, but it really brings back the good old shows I used to watch in Disney Channel. As for this amazing news, I really hope we see a lot of Feeny in season 2 but above all what I’m most excited about is to hear the Feeny call again!!! I’ll be furious if Eric doesn’t do the Feeny call

37. Lisa says:

I want Eric to be the crazy Weatherman that the kids watch on TV every night. He could get promoted to the New York market or a shot at a Network Show. Eric would make great Morning TV

38. Pal says:

What about their sister Morgan????

39. jami86e says:

morgan! morgan! morgan! morgan!

40. Jen says:

everyone has seemed to forget about te youngest brother, Joshua Matthews. I bet it’s him

41. Drew Conner says:

I think Angela cause the writers posted on Twitter that we would find out what happens with Shawn and Angela I know Cory’s little brother Josh is appearing in the holiday episode on Friday.

42. Jaime says:

The Girl Meets World writers did a Q&A today and someone asked about Morgan. The writers joked about using both actresses, but it is a bit of a problem that they have two Morgans.

43. Michael says:

Oh man, it’s surreal. I mean, I grew up with this group and now seeing them all together again. It’s a great feeling.

44. Lisa says:

YAY Eric ( I mean Plays with Squirrels ). Please not Angela.

45. Network says:

The episode was awesome. This show is perfect the way it is. It already blends just the right amount of old with the new.

46. Essence says:

Morgan or Angela

47. It’s gonna be Turner for sure… I missed that teacher lol.

48. cyclone says:

It’s probably Morgan but they don’t know which one to bring back Original Morgan (who participated in the reunion) or recast Morgan. Or they might re-recast Morgan with someone new.

49. Miguel says:

They answered somebody’s tweet saying yes to the ghost of Chet Hunter returning. It’s either Jack or Morgan

50. Sarah T. says:

My guess is on Morgan and hopefully the ORIGINAL Morgan, not the Morgan that replaced her on the show.
    Is it just me or does Will Friedle not age? Gosh he looks hot here.