Exclusive

Sleepy Hollow Casts Steven Weber as Founding Father Thomas Jefferson

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Cast Steven Weber Thomas Jefferson

Another one of Ichabod’s famous contemporaries soon will make his way to Sleepy Hollow: The Fox series has cast Steven Weber (Wings) as President Thomas Jefferson, TVLine has learned exclusively.

We hear the series wanted someone who, like Timothy Busfield as Benjamin Franklin, could play the Declaration of Independence’s primary author as quite a commanding presence.

No word yet on when we’ll first meet Weber’s Jefferson or what circumstances will introduce him into the supernatural fray, but it’s likely he’ll be a posthumous font of knowledge, a la the series’ take on George Washington and Franklin. (Remember, Jefferson is the architect of that cell that’s currently containing Abraham, AKA the Headless Horseman.)

RELATED Sleepy Hollow‘s Founding Mother Is… Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!

Weber’s long TV resumé includes stints on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Law & Order: SVU, Brothers  & SistersWilfred and Falling Skies. His recent gigs include Chasing Life and an appearance on the upcoming season of House of Lies.

1. CourtTV says:

I see it!

2. Viv says:

Honestly, this guy is everywhere! (I´m not complaining, just stating a fact).

3. Tran says:

Steven Weber is everywhere on TV. He was so funny on 2 Broke Girls as Martin Channing and most recently had guest starring roles on two new shows this season: NCIS: NOLA and HTGAWM.

4. BH says:

He is everyone this year. I enjoy it but he’s really keeping busy

5. prish says:

And no comment about his brilliant work on Wings? That remains one of the best comedies, ever, in my husband’s opinion.

6. Steven Cohen says:

How does this impact his NCIS: NOLA Councilman Weber character?

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Doubt a guest appearance will impact a barely-recurring role at all. But man, the guy’s EVERYWHERE nowadays! He also just booked an arc on the upcoming iZombie.

7. Belle says:

It would be great if they could bring him to present time and he fancied Abbie or Jennie. You know Thomas Jefferson was the Robert DeNiro of his time.

• Imzadi says:

He’s ubiquitous! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist. That’s one of my favorite words, and I use it whenever I can!)

• Pick up a History book says:

You mean he was a pedophile. Sally was only 14 and also a slave so she couldn’t give consent. Don’t make him out to be some Don Juan. He also kidnapped Sally. He wasn’t a great man. Casting and storylines like this are exactly why this show is going downhill.

8. Tracy says:

Loved Weber on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip! He was amazing!

9. Susannah says:

I’m kind of impressed with all the people Icabod knew in his life. Frankin, Washington and now Jefferson (sure he knew them all.) Add that to the fact the he was also secretly dating his best friend’s fiancée and fighting in the War for Independence, you realize that he had a very busy Colonial life!

10. Joey says:

I expected either Weber or Gary Cole, honestly.

11. Bill says:

When does Sleepy Hollow come back? Miss it already lol

12. herman1959 says:

Perfect, he actually reminds me of a lot of the portraits I’ve seen of Jefferson, except the hair color (Jefferson’s was red).

13. annalee says:

my husband and I like Sleepy Hollow but since he can read the guy who plays Ichabod son got on there we want to turn the channel he’s so bad to look at he’s not a good actor the thing he was on before this it was some sci-fi show we didn’t watch that show because he was on it can’t you kill him off or something or just have his death por sky be on there without Henry I know he’s won awards but not in my house we like everybody else you have but he’s got to go we like the show but we’re thinking about not watching it anymore just because of him thank you

14. annalee says:

the comment I wrote before I didn’t proof read it well because I didn’t have glasses on I meant to say we don’t like Henry the guy who plays Ichobod’s son we find him hard to watch.