Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...

The Flash Morena Baccarin

The Flash‘s Gideon is… Black Canary??

TVLine has confirmed that Morena Baccarin — whose previous voice work includes such DC Comics characters as Dinah Lance (in the animated Justice League series), Talia al Ghul (Son of Batman) and Cheetah (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) — is voicing S.T.A.R. Labs honcho Dr. Harrison Wells’ AI assistant/confidante.

TVLine reader Alex, please come forward to collect your 250 Power User Points (zero cash value).

Gideon was first featured in the Nov. 25 episode of the CW freshman, when Dr. Wells reevaluated their plan for test “subject” Barry Allen, as regards his and The Flash’s impact on the events of the year 2024.

Baccarin’s geek-boy bona fides include Firefly, V and Fox’s Gotham (where she soon will debut as DC Comics’ Dr. Leslie Thompkins), while her other TV credits include Homeland, The Mentalist and The Good Wife.

Baccarin next can be seen in Lifetime’s The Red Tent miniseries (airing Dec. 7 and 8) and reprising her role as The Mentalist’s Erica Flynn (on Dec. 14).

1. A says:

Maybe she can be the new Black Canary instead. I love her.

2. Azerty says:

She is a great actress; I will always remember her in the role of the Queen in V 2009. Any chance she can appear in person somehow? She might be buzy between Gotham, the Mentalist and that other miniserie but that would be a good thing for the Flash.

3. Skittles&Bits says:

I get the feeling that she’s also going to play Wells’ wife. It would make sense for him to “program” his wife’s voice into his supercomputer. Plus it would mean Baccarin would make an on screen appearance which is always a win win. She’s amazing.

4. So, Harrison Wells is certainly a fake name. H Wells. All he’s missing is the G. What COULD his real name be? I doubt he’s the Reverse Flash, but he’s certainly another time traveler.

5. javadude54 says:

That’s interesting because The Flash’s IMDB page credits Jesse Sarah Vilinsky as Voice Actor (voice) and Ms. Vilinsky’s IMDB page credits her as the voice of Gideon.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Nope, it’s Morena — I confirmed with the show first thing this morning (hours before Ms. Panabaker tweeted about it).

6. Briggs says:

I apologize for my short-sightedness. If we have official word, it must be true. And I’m with whoever said that she may play his late wife in a flashback. If, in some future, Bruce names his computer Alfred, I can see the same thing happening here. Now, why he’d call her Gideon is another question…

7. Ebee says:

Gideon could be her maiden name.

8. Liam says:

How can you miss her amazing geek geek credit on Stargate?!

9. Ahh!! Matt! You credited me! I hereby collect my 250 User Points!! (Redeemable for… scoop?)

(Longtime fan all the way back to the TVGuide Talk Podcast, by the way)