The Voice Results Recap: Women on the Verge of a Total Breakdown

the voice top 10 results

Where are the Spice Girls when you need ’em?

No, that’s not me throwing shade at Taylor Swift’s performance of “Blank Space” on tonight’s Top 10 results telecast of The Voice. It’s just that Season 7 of NBC’s reality-singing juggernaut could use a quintuple dose of girl power, rather than just the single shot brought by The Pop MegaSeller Formerly Known as Country.

I mean, how many talented chicas have fallen by the wayside — Toia Jones, Maiya Sykes, Amanda Lee Peers, Brittany Butler, Alessandra Castronovo and Jean Kelley, just to name a few — in the past three months, while OMYawn-inducing dudes like Taylor John Williams and Damien and that other one continue a forward march past Thanksgiving — and maybe even into the finale?

I guess it’s just going to be one of those seasons where the pickins are slim and the cotton is high iTunes downloads are kept to a minimum. It’s not just me, right?

On that note, let’s recap the shock and awe of Top 10 results.

Sent to Safety (in Chronological Order)
Craig Wayne Boyd (Team Blake)
Matt McAndrew (Team Adam)
Luke Wade (Team Pharrell)
Taylor John Williams (Team Gwen)
DaNica Shirey (Team Pharrell)
Chris Jamison (Team Adam)
Damien (Team Adam)

Bottom 3 (Not a Big Surprise if You Have Access to iTunes)
Reagan James (Team Blake)
Ryan Sill (Team Gwen)
Anita Antoinette (Team Gwen)

Last Chance Performances
Reagan James (Team Blake) — “I’m Like a Bird” | Dressed in a tragedy from the Blanche Devereaux Collection, this likely future pop star struggled mightily with the breezy melody and hip-hoppy cadences of Nelly Furtado’s underrated ditty. Someday, we may jam to her on the radio, but today is not that day. Grade: D+

Anita Antoinette (Team Gwen) — “The Remedy” | Anita’s a whole lot of fun most of the time, but you know what wasn’t fun? Listening to the sound of at least a third of this upbeat ditty’s notes get shoved into a food processor on “liquify.” Still, based on her overall body of work – and the lack of a “Last Chance” TKO — she deserved the save. Grade: C-

Ryan Sill (Team Gwen) — “Collide” | How is it that Ryan turns everything he sings into musical Gerbers? I call this one “Strained Peaches and Strained Glory Notes.” Grade: C-

At this point, it was time to Tweet for some type of cosmic “justice.”

It was all in vain, however, as America voted to #VoiceSave… Ryan Sill. FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT WEEK. #ALLCAPSANDNOTEVENASHAMEDOFIT I’m not sure what the Voice Nation sees in this fella, but my relationship to the Billboard Hot 100 grows chillier and chillier by the month, so maybe I’m too old to get it.

Eliminated
Anita Antoinette
Reagan James

Yep, Season 7 is down to seven dudes and one lady. Good luck with the math, DaNica!

On that note, I turn things over to you. What did you think of Top 10 results? Did America get it right with the Bottom 3? Was the right artist saved? If not, what would you have done differently? Sound off in the comments!

1. analythinker says:

Wow, DaNica is the only female left??
    Well, to sum it up, I guess my ears still prefer (generally) in tune singers even though they’re boring, rather than vibrant ones but off-key/out of breath almost every time.

• Floetica says:

I’m definitely not a Ryan Sill fan, but I have to admit that out sang the two girls tonight.
      Reagan sounded terrible and I was surprised that Anita wasn’t much better.

• Scout says:

Totally agree. Ryan was just better – whatever that means. I was really shocked at how bad Anita was. I was so ready to root for her, but she needs to bring something to the table for that to happen.

• Sara says:

Scout, you summed up my feelings tonight perfectly. I really, really, really like Anita. But Ryan simply out sang her tonight. It was a tough choice between the two of them for me tonight. Do you take her overall body of work (which has some really good standouts) or do you judge just on this last song?
          In the end, I’m just happy that Reagan was sent home, hahaha!

• Tyler says:

I really liked Anita. I can’t help but think she might’ve done better if she was on Pharrell or Adam’s team instead. Say what you want of Adam but at least he knew how to get a reggae Jamaican singer like Tessanne to win unlike Gwen. I think Gwen’s biggest problem is that she tries to change her singers. She tried to change Anita into some kind of singer/dancer, which she wasn’t. She’s trying to turn Ryan into a rocker, which he isn’t. She tried to do a makeover of Craig Wayne Boyd. Man, I bet he’s glad he got out of Gwen’s team when he did. She probably would’ve ruined his chances too.

• Adake says:

I agree with you Floetica. What happened to Anita who was once a front runner? That one note in particular she hit, yikes.

• JM1 says:

My ears are still hurting from that note. Sad. :-(

• AlyB says:

It was awful and just simply sad. I was ready to tweet for her and then I just couldn’t do it. Between last night and tonight she just completely self destructed. I thought both she and Reagan would go much deeper into this competition but Reagan never did live up to her early promise & Anita totally and irredeemably fell apart. If either had sounded even ok I would have tried to save them but wow, that was horrendous.

• What was that note? I thought something was wrong with my TV

• LORRI says:

Yes Anita was berserk. Not in a good way. She had been presenting as this sweet little,cool thing, but that was not the entire truth.

• safado says:

Michael’s just plain wrong about Ryan. The kid can sing.

Michael also undrrvalues Damien.

• Alex says:

Ryan can not sing. At. All.

• InMyPJs says:

I know Ryan had the least impressive body of work among the top 12 and Slezak doesn’t like him at all but he outsang the other two bottom dwellers just as he did last week. So if he outsang them, why did he get the same C- as Anita? Slezak’s bias is in full force here. I don’t even know why would Reagan get a D+ let alone Anita get an undeserving C-. In fact, the judges didn’t even comment on their horrendous vocals. They totally ignored their performance and veered their comments on something else. In all honesty, a D- grade is very generous for both girls. In fact, I would have even give them an automatic F. However, they didn’t Fail to show up but they made a train wreck performance so I would at most give them an E for the effort and crashing in flames.

• You are so right. I’m thinking in the beginning either of these ladies can out sing Ryan but I was wrong

• No Comments on how Pharrell slipped his own lyrics into the song? ,”What a wonderful world” Second to the last verse, He said “WE NEED JUSTICE TO UNFURL”. That was great and at first I didnt catch it. I thought that a verse sounded wrong, so I rewound twice and that is what he sang!Perfect for what is going on for around the U.S. tonight on our televisions!

• Luciana says:

Absolutely!

• Taylor went back to the Amish clothes AND THAT DARN HAT. I guess he figured out the Olivia Newton John headband from “Lets Get Physical” wasnt going to work out! They have wardrobe people there! CAN HE PAALLEEAASSE WEAR SOMETHING ELSE JUST ONCE?

• I can take Taylor’s costume better than the makeover mess they are attempting with DaNica. Her hair is red? Her clothes are teenagers or aunt. Just let her be herself and sing something different

• Jill Moy says:

Hey BECCA, Still haven’t watched but I know Our favorite from Day 1, Craig still in it. Ihear creepy slim black guy, crazy voiced girl with the weird soft voice, creepy Sugar with the goofy hat, and overrated country singer were all eliminated as well as the strange sounding black girl…..ALLGONE!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is ok with you. Craig is the best and the rest I’ve seen a little by people sending me clips! Oh well, another talentless show! Thanks! JILL.

• Glad to hear back from you! AI starts jan 9. Im kind of happy about that and Im hoping they have some good singers this time. Craig has become a frontrunner and still stands as my favorite! Oh and I read they might bring the x factor back. I loved that show! Did Fox figure out that ratings of other shows are worse than x factors ratings? So now they changed their minds and want x factor back?

2. Jeff Marley says:

Ryan is really starting to worry me with the instant save, I’m worried that he might outlast some of the major contenders.

• Scout says:

This is a reasonable concern, considering how many Twitter followers he has. 36K. That is the flaw with the Twitter save.

• analythinker says:

I hope people saved him because he was the best out of the 3, not bc of his followers, although, being in an acapella group, he may have tons of college friends with hundreds of Twitter followers each.

• Luciana says:

The other flaw being that West Coast people can’t vote.

• Alex says:

Exactly!!! And it’s filmed blocks away from me!

• Mary says:

I’m so sick of people saying that the West Coast CAN’T vote in the save. Yes, they can and there are many that do. Will they be spoiled for the episode? Yes. Is that entirely fair? No. How else is the show supposed to do it though? The show clearly wants to use twitter to up its social media currency and it also wants to try to make things more exciting by having a save. So please, tell me, what other possible way can they do this other than their current method? If anyone could come up with something remotely reasonable, I’d be glad to hear it.
          It is, however, a blatant fallacy though to say that the West Coast can’t vote.

• Alex says:

That’s just dumb. How can the West Coast vote if they can’t actually see the performances till after the fact? If people are just voting for their fave then it’s an empty vote and we’d have more Ryans. Be realistic, how many people can follow twitter or any other form of information to know when exactly that 5 minute window occurs so people can vote?

• Mary says:

You said it yourself, Alex, the West Coast can (and as I said, many do) vote by following along on twitter.
            I see that you also did not offer up a legitimate (or any) method that would be different than what they currently have in place. People vote for their favorites, regardless of the last save performance. That doesn’t make it an empty vote, it means that people are engaged and making connections to performers.
            The West Coast can vote. They aren’t being shut out other than by their own decision to be shut out.

• Sharon says:

I don’t entirely agree with you you on a couple of points, Mary. First, there is an alternative that is more fair to viewers in the west, and that is to stop having the instant save. I know it’s a gimmick that probably won’t be dumped, but that is the alternative. And I don’t think it’s true that people always vote for their favourite contestant or favourite coach — it’s clear from voting patterns that some people vote according to individual performance or body of work on the show.

• jerry says:

move the results show an hour later. The NFL puts most of the better games in time slots to get the west coast fans to watch.

• NBC should live stream the songs from the bottom three. That way the West Coast could participate and cast valid votes for the instant save.

• InMyPJs says:

Have you heard of the singing competition show called Rising Star? They were able to let West Coast people vote to save a contestant. East Coast votes are added to the West Coast votes and then sometime in the West Coast broadcast, Josh Groban the host, announces if the contestant made it to the next round (this happens if the contestant didn’t get enough votes from East coasters).

• Mary says:

EricD, that’s the most sensible solution I’ve heard! And considering how heavily into social media and the internet the show is, streaming the 3 performances would make a lot of sense.

• Alex says:

I know the show really overdoes it’s whole “we’re hip on the interwebs” thing but you’re really overestimating how many people would watch it streamed. It’s better than nothing but the majority of people watch the show on the tv screen. Their whole voting system should be overhauled.

• NotSo says:

Oh please, no one is complaining that they “can’t” vote, you’re just making up a complete straw man argument there and then acting as though it was reasonable or plausible. .

Here’s the deal, the so-called “excitement” of using social media is available to the east coast. However, for the west coast, it’s a PITA for ALL of the reasons you mention. There’s no excitement, there’s no fun, there’s not sense of participation. It’s just a weekly FU from the producers unless one chooses to get spoiled and FOR – because many west coasters, gasp, have actual jobs. And moreover, the producers fixed something that wasn’t broken to start with. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. There was no need whatsoever to add the twitter crap, it’s just complete nonsense.

• Kevin says:

That’s what worry me too. Only when a “Christina Grimmie” is in the bottom 3 can he be eliminated.

• Adake says:

Remember, he scored poorly the last few weeks on iTunes. If only Anita had sung much better tonight. If it’s based only on their save performances tonight and not on body of work, then I agree with most of the commenters here. Ryan gave the best of three pretty bad performances.
      Now what will be a travesty is if he ends up in the bottom three next week and is beat out by two better performances and still wins. Or wins the Final save into the top four.

• Jill Moy says:

BECCA,

Loved X also…GREAT SHOW! Good to see you out here. I also hope AI is better this year. I guess we’ll see. Hope other show comes back too (X FACTOR) Really liked Allona Santiago!

3. sara says:

Great. Once again 12 year old girls ruin another singing competition. I officially give up. What exactly is the point??

4. Angie_Overrated says:

Can’t agree with you, Slezak. Ryan beat Anita handily. That noise coming out of Anita’s mouth tonight was one of the ugliest sounds I’ve ever heard, and I’m including all of Reagan’s performances past and present in this group of comparables. Anita stunk. Ryan won by default as the two ladies sounded like they were being burned by an invisible curling iron.

• analythinker says:

Precisely my point.

• Scout says:

100% agree. That was such a shockingly bad performance from Anita. I went into the round kinda rooting her to stay and by the end, I was rooting for her to go far, far away. But yes, Ryan um.. won, for lack of a better word.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Anita was my #1 or #2 performance last week. Not sure how she fell so far so quickly. Sad really, but she definitely deserved to go — yes, even over Ryan.

• InMyPJs says:

Ryan didn’t win…he just prevailed (or outlasted the other two because they performed ginormously terribad!

• Adake says:

Your “invisible curling iron” comment. I’m picturing that now – couldn’t have said it better.

• Kristi says:

Angie, that note that Anita hit near the end of the performance was unbelievably awful. What was that??? I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a note that sounded so bad.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’d have to listen to it again to give you my professional opinion, and I refuse to do so. I just know it was probably the least pleasant thing I’ve ever heard on any of these shows. It was something. It was something alright.

• HTGR says:

So suddenly a mini-save song (when two were clearly shocked and defeated and nervous has heck and off-game) matters more than the entire season before together?

5. Scout says:

“It’s not just me, right?” Maybe. Look, Anita sucked it tonight. And I loooooved her in the past, but tonight was a hot mess. And well, Reagan stayed weeks past what her talent could justify. And I want to cut my fingers off for what I am about to type… but Ryan was the best of the worst tonight. Not because he’s a boy. Because he sang better than them… Ugh. Frankly, I wanted them all to go home after that dreckitude.

6. Adake says:

No surprises as the top seven was reflected exactly by iTunes sales. None of the bottom three gave very good “save” performances (some bad notes by all (why Anita) so I had to go with my preference and that would be Anita. But America saved Ryan so now Team Blake is down to only Craig. Only one female contestant left – who would have thought. Next week there is going to be painful with someone really good going home.

• Scout says:

But Team Blake has the *right* one. And he’s the only one Blake needs :)

• Adake says:

You’re right, you only need one to win but time will tell. Last season I think a lot would have said Christina Grimmie would win but she ended up in third so you never know. Performances and song choices do matter.

• Scout says:

Oh, you are so right about that… I really amazes me how bad some of the song choices are sometimes. Fingers crossed, he keeps keepin’ on.

• Jeff Marley says:

But hey, Christina is still going big, so it matters to leave your mark from competition into the real world. 😃😃😃

• Adake says:

Your right Jeff, the Voice (and AI) are only a spring board and give you national exposure. What you do with it after that usually comes down to talent and management (i.e. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood). But there is so much competition. Tough business and looks mean a lot.

7. flicker says:

Anita was my favourite of the girls. WTF is going on. I just don’t get it. Sills was the worse of the bunch to my ears. I feel sad and a bit enraged

8. Kaba says:

Can we voice save the show format prior to season 5? This save is maddening. I’m certain anita was the safe one of the three.

• Angie_Overrated says:

This is one of those rare occasions we don’t agree, Kaba. Ryan outsang Anita tonight, plain and simple. All he had to do for the win was not shriek off pitch. As he didn’t do so, mission accomplished. Sad but true as I thought Anita was money last week. Oh well. :(

9. Ginger Snap says:

Danica is OK, but I am all CWB FTW.

10. LADY_in_MD says:

DaNica is gonna slay all the guys atleast I going to pray that happens! Anita 😖 loved her if this ends up all guys then I may not continue to watch

11. ShariaLynn says:

Really! No, REALLY! RYAN. I just don’t see the appeal. But then I’m not 15 anymore either. I am not an Anita “fan” but she puts him to shame. Hopefully they kicked her off so they can bring her back later.

• Scout says:

Ryan just had more Twitter followers than the other two. That’s all he needed to win. And they voted for him, so that helps.

• JM1 says:

In fairness, Anita and Reagan kind of dug their own graves. Reagan just isn’t ready for prime time yet, and Anita’s been relying more on performance than voice.

12. Jules says:

I know I’m in the minority but I really like Taylor. He turns into a different person when he performs. I’d like to see him do something a little more soulful since he has a tinge of that in his voice. Plus his grandma is so darn cute! I’m over Damien. He and Ryan need to go next. I’m not a fan of country music but I really think it’s Craig Wayne Boyd’s to lose at this point.

• Scout says:

I would like Taylor to pick his next song. I am not sure Gwen is picking songs for the right reasons. I want to see what he picks. I love Craig though…

• Martha says:

I really like Taylor, too!

• Josh says:

I love Taylor too. He’s unique and different enough to stand out in a great way. The one whose appeal I can’t understand is Chris. He’s not bad by any means; but he’s not impressive at all. I don’t think he should’ve even made lives frankly. Even last night with the Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars song, he didn’t do it poorly. There was nothing inherently wrong with it. But it was just so meh. Personally, he and Ryan need the boot next week.

• Tyler says:

Disagree. I’ll take Chris over Taylor any day. I still think Chris will make the finale.

• Alex says:

Yeah Chris is ok. It was a pretty meh performance. I’d put him and Ryan in a boy band together. Taylor is weird and has odd song choices but a killer voice. He could front a band and he needs to cover some White Stripes, Wilco, Radiohead and Beck. Matt would’ve killed doing Muse. Weird song choices last night.

• Jules says:

I agree about Taylor & Radiohead. I wish he’d have gotten “Creep” instead of DaNica. Her version was missing the weird angst that it needs. The weird angst that Taylor does so perfectly. He killed “Mad World” and would do great keeping things along that line. “Losing My Religion” would be a great choice for him. Michael Stipe has that same tinge of soul. I like Chris too though. He’s amazing when the songs aren’t too big for him. I think over all there’s some really great talent this season.

• Alex says:

Boom! Bonus points for you. Losing My Religion would be perfect for Taylor. REM or Man Who Sold the World or slow Oasis even would all be perfect for him.

• Jules says:

Let’s tweet Gwen and tell her!! LOL!! I had also thought of ” If You Leave” by OMD for him. I’m ready for him to pour his heart out. Same with Chris.

13. Sara k says:

I honestly think the best decision was made tonight based on the performances last night. I haven’t seen the “save me” performances tonight because I live on the west coast, but Anita’s and Reagan’s performances last night were absolutely horrible. I definitely liked Anita a lot more and I think that she has a lot more potential than Ryan and I would have preferred if she stayed. There’s still that final save at the end so who knows, maybe Anita will come back !

• Adake says:

It will be interesting to see if you hear the same bad notes by all three of them and who you think was the best of the bad.

• Scout says:

Huh?! There’s a final save. Oh, I’ll have to look that up… Interesting.

• Adake says:

Yep, remember Carson mentioned that the 9 eliminated from the top 12 will have one last chance to sing and make it to the Final four. But that will probably be a tough save.

• Scout says:

Oh, wow. That is just going to be weird. Just off the top of my head – I want Taylor Phelan back. But who knows??

• InMyPJs says:

Unfortunately, Taylor Phelan is not eligible because he never made the top 12. If they want to put a better twist in the show, they would let people twitter vote who among the contestants eliminated from the top 20 should be in the wildcard round. If we were allowed to vote in 3 then I think Taylor P., Elyjuh and JDC will be voted in.

14. Nancy says:

Ugh… I have no idea what anyone sees in Ryan Sills. Awful. Although, the other 2 were not much better. Hopefully next week he will be gone.

15. Sharon says:

After Reagan and Anita botched their songs, all Ryan (aka Phoenix) had to do was sing more or less in tune. He did, and even had a few pretty-voiced moments in the second half of the song. He earned the save. Or, to put it more honestly, he did not deserve to be kicked off the show as much as the two ladies did. He goes home next week unless he either has his best performance yet, or someone else — to borrow Scout’s great line — faints on stage. Even then, they’d have to faint and fall on their face.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Yup. I don’t understand all the Ryan Sills hate. Especially on a season that’s not the strongest. I’d understand if Ryan Sills was on last season, but compared to TJW, Reagan, Anita’s last 2 performances, Jessie Pitts, etc. I don’t understand why he’s the one getting singled out. I don’t love the kid, but he’s reasonably talented.

16. Lois Benton says:

What a boring season this has turned out to be. I turned back in after two or three seasons away, because this season looked promising, and Pharrell and Gwen were great. But I knew when Elyjuh Rene was eliminated things were going downhill. His performances were a rush. Maybe the coaches should just let the contestants sing whatever they want. Because– Gah!– this isn’t working. Last night was a major snoozer. The best performances were by people who don’t move me. So, good-bye, again.

17. Jeff Marley says:

I really liked Adams group performance, Taylor’s fierce performance, and Danica’s parts in her groups. 😃😃😃

18. Carola says:

Damn America! Why you did not save Anita! Yeah, it wasn´t her best performance but she deserved it! I am so pissed!
    Not Chris or Matt better win this thing! Sigh..

19. Carola says:

I meant that I hope Chris or Matt WIN this thing!

20. Greg says:

DaNica deserves to be the final female standing. Reagan has always been terrible, Anita has one niche and severe limitations, Jessie has a nice tone but wasn’t ready for this yet and Taylor was one of the worst female country singers ever on the show!

21. Lloyd says:

Michael, you took advantage of this opportunity and finally spelled Alessandra’s name right! :D

DaNica might benefit from being the only girl now and get some more votes.

22. Heather says:

I think Taylor, Matt, and Chris all have amazing voices full of character and are in no way, shape, or form yawn worth. DaNica is almost too good to the point of boring (in my opinion). I was pulling for Sugar, Jean, Anita, and Reagan but sadly the ladies did not pull through this season. I think a lot of it has to do with song choices being made this season and while I am certainly NOT a Ryan Sill fan I think he did do better in his Las Chance Performance because of his song choice.

23. Jadidpoit says:

Does it really matter? Seven dude’s, five, 6 girl’s? It’s all meaningless. If you follow this show, it’s entertaining and sad at the same time for as all previous seasons have shown, it matters not who wins, the will follow all the previous winners, going nowhere. I’m still forever puzzled as to why people bother trying.

24. Elizabeth Mirra says:

Maybe Ryan won the Voice Save because the two women divided the rest of the vote. Sort of like what happens in political elections. (?) Such results happen in three-way contests. This is how someone who gets less than a third of the support wins.

25. Michael says:

What the heck??? Anita is the only one I think who can make the wild card as of right now. Good luck Danica, the sole survivor of the powerhouse ladies that should have ruled this season! I’m seriously having trouble deciding why I’m still watching this season. I really wanted to #VoiceSaveKat or #VoiceSaveTess or #VoiceSaveKristen tonight!

26. Michael says:

TBH the only reason The Voice still has me watching is because of Craig! I couldn’t suffer through Matt, Damien, and Taylor for just Danica and Chris. I need Craig to win this season, Danica 2nd, and Chris 3rd! Final three please?

27. Scappoose says:

I don’t see how The Voice doesn’t see the pattern in the twitter save. The person with the shortest first name usually wins as their name is slightly faster to type. Being in the twitter save one weeks helps them in the next week as their followers already know the drill. One boy will also almost always beat out two girls. And lastly, Blake’s singers don’t win twitter contest because his fans are not on twitter.

28. Andres says:

I am crying.

29. Dennis Snook says:

I want to know how last night’s voting was at all fair to Anita, as her performance wasn’t even shown in many areas. It was preempted by the news from Ferguson…no backstory, or coaching look, and no performance. I’m crying “FOUL.”

• AB says:

It must have been different for various parts of the country–I missed the “glory note” of Craig’s performance and then, happily, all of Ryan Sill’s, here in the Mountain time zone.

• Greg says:

Not showing her awful performance only could have benefited her. lol

30. Reagan James goes home? Are you kidding me?

31. Scott says:

I usually hate how quickly they blow through the lives, but at this point I would love them to go ahead and eliminate 3 next week. Let’s just get this over with.

32. Davey says:

Ryan also has gone last after two women two weeks in a row in the save situation. Next week if he’s in the bottom whatever he should go first.

And to think Taylor Phelan could still be singing on this show if he weren’t cast aside.

33. Jenni says:

I just can’t see anything this season that I think “Wow!” I’m marginally impressed with CWB and I did love Taylors version of Mad World a few episodes ago but when I compare this group to say, season 4 with Nicholas David, Cassadee, Amanda Brown and Trevin? No competition.

34. John Anthony says:

Hey Blake. Let Reagan do her rendition of your hit Neon Lights for the wildcard playoff later. Stop being a complete idiot with this R&B artist.

• Denny Snook says:

Does anyone know how many media markets did not show Anita’s performance and back story last night because of the interruption for Ferguson news? That hardly seems fair to her. We never did get it here in Phoenix, and I’m sure we weren’t the only market where she was preempted.

35. eman says:

Michael we get it you like female singers better than male singers. Your bias towards female singers is so blatant that it overwhelms your common sense. Both Anita and Reagan gave mediocre performances on Monday night and tonight they were just terrible. Whereas Ryan sang well both nights, don’t get me wrong I am no a fan, but he sang better both nights so it was a pretty easy decision for anybody who was twittering.

As this show has gone forward I have been completely won over by CWB. I thought his first live performance was solid, but that the song itself was what sold it, but last week he was really good and this week he was far and away the best. What he did to Walk the Line was amazing and I love the original, but he pulled a David Cook and just turned it into something different. I absolutely loved it and I hope he can continue to impress.

I have also been surprised by Chris and I did like his song last night, but I couldn’t help thinking of how good Bruno Mars is on that song and how amazing it would have been to watch him live.

36. cathy says:

completely got it right ……not good performances from the bottom 3 females… Ryan is good just not good enough to win

37. NotSo says:

I was totally with Anita until that save song. I actually winced during that last run of glory notes. It was pretty obvious that Gwen was just telling her goodbye. I have to say of the three Ryan was actually the best at the sing off, but that’s not exactly high praise.

38. Timmah says:

I’m almost certain the majority of people that vote have little relationship with the Billboard 100 either. You rarely get anyone who’s current winning this show.

39. Dee T. says:

Once Damien and Craig were safe, I turned to a different channel.

40. ANNA WALLS says:

VOTING SHOULD BE DONE BY PHONE…….NOT I TUNES…..AND ON-LINE………GREAT SINGERS ARE GETTING VOTED OFF BECAUSE OF I TUNES…..WILL QUIT WATCHING IF VOTING ISN’T CHANGED ASAP….LOYAL FAN …TILL NIW

• Angie_Overrated says:

That’s like complaining that the president of the US can win the popular vote but lose the election because of the way the electoral college works. Those are the rules. Not sure what else there is to say about that subject. Sometimes life isn’t fair.

• Mary says:

The only way iTunes helps is if a contestant reaches the top 10, which has only happened, I believe, once this season (last night with Craig). Otherwise, iTunes can only give ONE vote per contestant. Contestants get far more votes with phone calls and the online methods.

41. Andres says:

This is just my opinion but I feel twitter votes are a little unfair when it comes to the instant save, cause it’s just a matter of who has more followers.
    I think a good idea would be kind of like rising star, but instead of saying yes or no you just click one of the three to be safe, after everyone sings so that it’s a little fair.

42. LORRI says:

Very relieved the highly BORING Anita is FINALLY GONE. Acted weirdly on the elimination night too.

43. Jaime says:

First of all, Damien and DaNica have the voice, to win, The Voice (if we’re actually basing on their ‘voice.’) For whatever reason, Team Adam, seems to be pushing hard for Matt and Chris, don’t get me wrong, I like them both, I believe they could have careers, but Damien seems to be playing third to his teammates; he is given songs, vocally challenging songs, but not songs that will bring him enough downloads in current day to boost him – his performances contain no flash, just him, singing, on pitch, in tune, like the lost giants of Motown. He should be given something more mainstream, to show those who do not understand the absolute quality of his voice, a chance to see that he can out-sing any guy on there.
    DaNica is by far the best woman, Tessanne was incredible; Anita is great – she’s adorable, but vocally she is not as strong as DaNica, and it is (supposedly) The Voice. Anita is more charismatic and a better performer, but DaNica can sing and emulate Whitney Houston – you try that, without the shower and music, hiding how awful you, and most humans, sound.
    The best vocalists made it to the finals. The girls did not sing as good as Ryan tonight, that’s why he won (I think.). The girls were off pitch, if you couldn’t hear that, you do not understand music. It’s The Voice, not ‘The Performance’ or ‘The Kinda Good But Super Cute And I Like Him/Her’ show.

44. LORRI says:

Where are my comments ? Seriously ? Are the editors that hissy ?

45. DaNica is the only female standing but not for long if they keep on giving her horrible song choices and keep on dressing her one night like a teenager and another like my grandma and I’m old. Someone is dropping the ball on the females here

46. Jaszy says:

Dang it! Why is America getting rid of all of the girls? Only one left?!?! DaNica. and SEVEN freaking boys? UGH! They can’t even sing.
    THIS season is DEAD!
    What a horrible turn out these past few weeks have been.
    Teenage girls, PLEASE stop voting for these boys because they are cute.
    Luke and Matt might last, but I still can’t stand them.
    Chris doesn’t bother me as much as the other boys do.
    Get rid of that Craig Wayne Boyd. Old school country is not in.
    Damien is the best out of the boys, but still, he is old-fashioned.
    I can’t believe there is only one girl left!
    Where is the girl power?!?
    This season sucks big time!
    I miss SUGAR JOANS so much!
    Definitely the worst season of this show. I lost all the desire to watch once Sugar got eliminated.
    If DaNica gets eliminated next week, that will be a travesty. Since she’s the only girl left, I hope she wins.
    Having an all male competition does not sit well with me at all. I just prefer female singers.

• Angie_Overrated says:

“Ryan Sill would not last on American Idol. Taylor John Williams would not last on American Idol.”
      Depends on which season you’re talking about. Seasons 1-12, I agree. Season 13, Ryan and TJW would have won.

• Timmah says:

I don’t know where people get the idea that teenagers are the least bit interested in this show. If that were true, then the winners wouldn’t always be singers whose styles are 30 or 40 years out of date. As is likely to happen again with Craig, who makes Tate Stevens sound current.

47. Aaaaaaww! Look on CWB facebook. The first picture is his kid. He is just beautiful. On tv he always had his hair kinda in his face. He is wearing a suit and his hair is brushed back but still long. Just a beautiful child!

• And on the picture of CWBs little boy it says “Thank You For Voting for my Daddy!”

• Its weird cause on last weeks tv line comments I said I wish Craig would do Johnny Cash “Hurt”. But Walk the Line turned out great. “hurt” prob would have been almost way too emotional as Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) said he wrote that in his darkest hour. It was not a hit for nine inch nails but one of MY favorites from their album “Pretty Hate Machine”. It ended up to be a “Johnny Cash Anthem!

48. jj says:

None of the them are good anyway. Couldn’t sit through any of the performance. So it really doesn’t matter who wins.

49. Lei says:

What?! Reagan is out?! Man.. I wanted her to win. Its up to Danica now.
    With the exception of taylor swift mentoring which was fun this season sucks

50. Jean says:

I’m only skimming through the dvr to watch the episodes. There’s just no one that I really, really like.