Orphan Black Adds Grimm, Lost Girl Vets and Others for Season 3

james-frain-orphan-black-cast

Look for some new guests the next time the Orphan Black clones throw a dance party.

BBC America announced on Tuesday the addition of five incoming cast members when the sci-fi favorite returns for Season 3 next year.

James Frain (Grimm, Intruders) will guest star as Ferdinand, “a well-educated, ‘cleaner’ who is both charming and intimidating” — and who happens to be “a powerful player in a secretive, multi-national political faction that operates with questionable ethics and a ruthless approach.” In other words, he and Sarah ought to get along swimmingly.

Other additions include:

* Lost Girl‘s Ksenia Solo as Shay, “a soulful and compassionate holistic healer with a great sense of humor destined to become a new friend to Cosima.”

* Warehouse 13‘s Kyra Harper as Dr. Coady, “a ruthless doctor and advisor to the military,” a woman who is “outwardly the soul of reason, but her maternal, nurturing manner conceals an agenda that even her superiors do not suspect.”

* Murdoch Mysteries‘ Earl Pastko as Bulldog, “Ferdinand’s silent, imposing and violent personal bodyguard. Communicating with his boss by looks only, Bulldog carries out the dirty work of his shady employers.”

As TVLine reported last week, Shameless star Justin Chatwin is also set to recur on Season 3 – and BBC America officially confirmed the casting in its announcement. He’ll play the ruggedly good-looking, street-smart, Jason Kellerman, “a savvy drug-dealer in the guise of a charismatic businessman.”

Season 2 ended with the revelation that a set of male clones (played by Ari Millen) made Tatiana Maslany’s Sarah, Alison, Cosima, Helena and Rachel slightly less unique than initially believed.

Stoked about these new additions to the Orphan Black universe? Sound off in the comments!

1. Lizo says:

Adding Solo is a brilliant idea. Brilliant!!!!

2. A says:

Hopeful for this season, but season 2 was a big step down from the first season and the addition of the male clones seems a bit much, in danger of having too many characters and subplots… Its the interaction between the clones that made the first season so fun.

• Josh says:

Yeah this seems to be a general census…I hope they’re all just part of the clones story but I worry that the writers didn’t hear the fans when we said we wanted less mythology and more clone sister goodness

• Cloneology says:

I worry when the fans think they should be telling the writers how to do their job, not to mention when some fans think they speak for everyone else who watches the show. Some of us actually want more mythology. It’s a science fiction show, after all.

• Pati says:

I agree with you I just got hooked on this show, I watched both seasons in two days. Its so good I wasn’t aware that people were complaining. To me the chemistry between the sisters is amazing but I love all the twists and conspiracy’s going on with the show. The writers should just keep doing what they are doing. So far the show is amazing.

• Pati says:

ugh this comments upsets me, worried that the writers didn’t listen to the fans ugh well I’m glad they didn’t the show is amazing with all the twists an turns, they should just keep doing what they are doing and hopefully there will be many more seasons.

3. justtobesane says:

Ksenia Solo as Cosima’s friend? Brilliant. I am so excited.

4. Dude says:

Love Orphan Black but I’m not sure how I feel about so many new characters, especially now that we’re adding male clones to the mix and not that many people bit it last season to accommodate this influx. I’m getting the impression season three will be just as overstuffed which was season two’s biggest drawback.

5. Luis says:

So happy to see Kensia Solo with new ork – love her on Lost Girl. Looking forward to Season 3!!

6. BrightLight says:

I’m so shocked that James Frain is going to play an intimidating character. Does he play another other kind. ;)

Also so excited to see Ksenia and Tatiana together again! Loved them both on renegadepress.com

• jalahyacinth says:

Yes actually. He played Forney in Where the Heart Is opposite Natalie Portman. So that’s how I know him- geeky and romantic.

7. Josh says:

I really hope this seasons focuses more of the clones as a group. I hated that they were split last season, though I understand it’s also used not to burn out Tatiana. I just want more of a clones story than a mythology story.

8. Joey says:

Still no news on if Michelle Forbes will be back?

9. JC says:

Justin Chatwin will play a ruggedly good-looking guy? No way!

10. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Well since James Frain’ character gets along w/ Sarah maybe he could help out with what’s about to come now there’s a set of male clones, and try to get Helena back as well! Why can’t Orphan Black return in January? April is too damn far awwway!!!

11. Sarah says:

i think adding Solo is a great idea….but I echo everyone else concerned with the bloating of characters. And so many men! My god. I love OB because it’s a show lead by female characters. And also, casting some NON white people would be lovely there Graham Mason

12. Meg says:

I am so on board with anything Orphan Black does. I am surprised so many folks preferred season 1. I loved the added mythos and conspiracy of season 2. All the new casting news makes me more excited for the upcoming season.

13. Aprilcot says:

Love James Frain! Awesome news!

14. Cate53 says:

Ksenia Solo is a great addition. Her and Cosima are definitely going to be fun together!

I liked S2, but hope they keep the focus on Maslaney and the clones NOT the male clones! We love the show for her, not cos we love clones! That guy who played the male clone was dull, dull, dull!

15. Sara says:

So pretty much all the new characters are bad guys except for one? Geez….throw the good guys a bone here!

16. I want more Cal. I love Cal and Sarah together.

17. Ksenia on ORPHAN BLACK- a dream coming true- for me,at least :) yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Elz says:

I have no idea wat ppl are talking about S2 was awesome.. I loved everything about it, I thought adding characters like Cal, Marion, Mark etc was great for the show.. With that said I hope they dnt try & make Frain’s character & Sarah a thing because Sarah belongs with Cal lol.. I’m very excited for S3, I hope the show countinues its greatness..

19. Sarah says:

Love Orphan Black but kinda fell out of watching it diligently until I heard of Miss Ksenia Solo making her appearance in S03!! So I devoured both seasons within a week. And to pair Solo with Cosima character! Genius! Clonius? whatever it is — brilliant!