Unaired Selfie Episodes Head to Hulu

Selfie Cancelled Hulu Episodes

With a little bit of luck, Selfie fans now will be able to watch the rest of the cancelled comedy’s episodes.

Series creator Emily Kapnek revealed on Twitter that the first of the series’ six unaired episodes will be made available on Hulu this Tuesday — the same day that it (too briefly) aired on ABC — with a new episode to follow each week.

ABC pulled Selfie from its schedule earlier this month, after a double-pump of its sixth and seventh episodes averaged 3.5 million viewers and a 0.9 demo rating. The cancellation came two weeks after ABC snuffed Selfie‘s lead-out, Manhattan Love Story (aka this fall’s first casualty), after just four airings.

1. Rachel says:

So sad they pulled the plug on this show, absolutely loved it!

2. James says:

I STILL SAY someone got Selfie and Forever’s fates backwards…

• mc says:

Exactly what I thought

• georgiamadman says:

You’re entitled to your opinion. I love Forever and think Selfie was shallower than a summer puddle — in spite of John Cho. Hopefully he can go back to Sleepy Hollow and a real woman like Abbie. The chick from Selfie could’ve been on Carrie Diaries. If she was my girlfriend I would chew my arm off to get away from her.

3. Ray says:

Ugh. I’ll just wait for the torrent.

4. Phil says:

Yay! Hopefully Hulu can throw together some new key art, throw a little marketing muscle behind it and give this show a home it deserves – a digital one.

5. DoctorWhoFanatic says:

YES!!!!! At least we’ll get to finish these episodes! Maybe Hulu will pick it up as original content? I won’t get my hopes up, but I can finish the rest !!!

6. jen says:

i loved this series, so sad that abc canceled it. do you have to have a hulu acct in order to watch this?

7. Sims says:

Yessss! So pleased.

8. Ann says:

I wish ABC had moved this to another night with a better lead-in rather than outright cancelling it. This show was just beginning to find it’s groove.

9. Nathan says:

I am thrilled I get to see more Selfie. Just bummed that ABC canned it when it was really hitting its stride.

10. Iakovos says:

With fewer episodes in play for series these days, I would think cancellation is no longer an option. Webs would just fulfill their order to broadcast the eps, even if they need to burn off during holiday or summer or Saturdays when viewership is lower. Really, what would it hurt? It would give fans a chance to see their new faves through to an end with more original programming options. (Do we really need more shoehorned DATELINEs, reality recaps, or SHARK TANK/BIG BANG THEORY reruns?) You never know if something may work in a slot with fewer expectations.

• Maria says:

it’s all about advertisers unfortunately. If the network promises the advertisers a certain demo for the slot that the advertisers purchase, and they don’t meet that quota, then that’s when all the sh*t hits the fan.

I love Selfie, the new episode is up and running on HULU – pray for Season 2 #selfieHulu

11. Chris says:

Love this show. Thanks Hulu.

12. ellelatham27 says:

The new episode is hilarious and if you like Blues Traveler, you’ll love it. Go watch it on hulu or ABC.com.

13. John NYC says:

Liked the show so I’ll run through hem on Hulu.

14. Kat says:

Well… great for the people that are not from the US and STILL can’t watch it -.- (at least not legally…)

15. RD says:

Karen Gillan’s talent and charm needed a better venue than Selfie, but it was a far better half hour than it’s premise led me to expect. I believe too many potential viewers were similarly dissuaded from trying the show for it to succeed in the network ratings war environment.

16. keith says:

My brother was excited cause he thought it was on last night.

17. Keith says:

Every episode keeps getting better. ABC blew it on this cancellation. I hope people are watching the episodes on ABC.com

18. brenda crumley says:

reality shows cost less 2 make & require no talent. this was a good show w poor sch3eduling.

19. I loved this show also. Super sad

20. ANNE says:

BRING SELFIE BACK

21. michelle says:

I love the show! Just finished last episiode….want to see more!! :(