Cristela Snags Full-Season Pickup

Cristela Premiere Ratings

ABC is going all the way with Cristela.

The network has picked up the promising rookie comedy’s “back-nine,” bringing the show’s Season 1 total to 22 episodes (AKA a full season).

Cristela, which stars comedienne Cristela Alonzo, has held its own on Friday night, where it has been retaining a solid portion of Last Man Standing‘s audience.

The sitcom joins Forever, How to Get Away With Murder and black-ish in ABC’s Fall 2014 Full-Season club.

1. A. D. says:

REALLY! God why! It’s such crap especially when they had great shows like Trophy Wife, Happy Endings, and Apt. 23….What crap!

• Kevin says:

um Cristela is a pretty funny show, and it’s not like ABC cancelled those shows just so Cristela can stay.

• Ray says:

Like me, you seem to enjoy single cam comedies. Half of America is stuck in the past though and seems to prefer the outdated multicam sitcom with accompanying laugh track.

• jackie2830 says:

Sorry, I agree with Kevin on this. And most people watch sitcoms because they enjoy the COMEDY, nothing to do with multicams or tracks. Get a grip!

2. Moment says:

Great news, I think it works on Friday. Hopefully a Season 2 announcement follows in a few months time.

3. smschira says:

I am so happy Cristela is sticking around for a while. I was afraid because it’s on Fridays, but it looks like it’s performing well. If they moved it to another night it could do even better; maybe next season.

4. Tran says:

Really hope Cristela gets one season tops. Try not to get mad at me.

5. ab says:

About time. Cristela is such a funny show

6. O.Almaguer says:

She Rocks! More than George more than cheech, more than Paul. This gal is kicking butt and taking names.

7. jennifer says:

I think Cristela is a funny show. I love watching every Friday. I even have it recorded on my dvr so I don’t miss an episode. I hope they give her more seasons. That’s just my opinion. You go cristela keep making people laugh. :)

• Moment says:

I hope she gets more seasons too. I love how humble her reaction to the news is on twitter, you can tell it means a great deal to her. Happy for her.

8. Eric7740 says:

I believe Malibu Country had better retention and overall better numbers!

• Ron says:

I’m thinking you’re right. I’ve always held the opinion that ABC quite hastily cancelled it. I feel like ABC had unrealistic expectations for Malibu Country for some reason. Maybe Reba?

• Ann says:

I believe Malibu Country was to expensive for those kinds of ratings. I loved the show. Was sad to see it go.

9. Ram says:

Thanks ABC for leaving Cristela on for another season it’s a funny show. Thanks ABC for being forward thinking embrace change and innovate for the future.

10. Miri says:

Love her and the show. I can relate so much to her and she makes me laugh. Keep it up girl! Happy to hear she got a full season. S/O Rio Grande Valley.

11. Ray says:

So does this mean Fresh Off the Boat will end up on ABC’s Wednesday comedy block with similarly themed black-ish?

12. Linda Magoon says:

I don’t care for the show.

13. MattySi. says:

I am thrilled about this! I love the show!

14. ajnoelle143 says:

Yay!! She’s from South Texas where I’m from as well….not very many make it, so happy that her show is doing well. Please don’t knock her, or the show. If ur not fond of it, carry on. It was obviously her dream and she is seeing it through, I think that’s amazing. The show is funny and it’s obviously holding it’s own….way to go Cristela….RGV Proud!!

15. Ofilia says:

Thanks ABC for keeping Cristela for the full season. The world defintely needs lots of laughter therapy to relive stress. I love the comedy show and all the cast does a great job.

16. Louis E. says:

HTGAWM is capped at 15 episodes because Viola Davis won’t do more.That is NOT a full season.

17. meatwad says:

So glad to see this. I genuinely love this show. So funny!!!!!

18. Krissy says:

Good call ABC picking up Cristela, very funny and so true!!

19. I LOVE THE SHOW AND ITS AUTHENTECITY!!!! GREAT JOB GUYS AND CANT WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASONS TO COME!!! GOD IS GRREAT!!!!

20. Luis says:

My wife and I love this show so much, we’re thinking of stating to watch Last Man Standing again

21. I am shock and surprised that ABC give Cristela an full season pickup. I hope that the show will get renewal for the second season.

22. Moment says:

I’m surprised by the amount of Facebook shares on this article, 3.6k, I haven’t seen an article on here get more than that before. I’m sure there has been cases, but you know, it just shows that people care.

23. Frankie says:

I actually like this show!! It is a good show to watch on my DVR while eating dinner or a lazy weekend in front of the TV, It is cheesy humor, but sometimes we need that in this day and age. Not everything on TV needs to be world changing or “hipster” smart. TV is for entertainment and this is what this show is, entertaining!

24. Cristina my new favorite sitcom. About time Spanish women and their stories are shared.

25. Eli says:

Cristela is a very good show! It reminds me of the times where you didn’t have to have crude sexual jokes to be funny. It is very modern and still remains funny. I hope this show goes on for a long time because I can honestly say is no other show on TV today like it. Cristela Alonzo, the writers and directors do a very good job every week and I hope ABC sees that. Obviously you can’t please everyone but this show holds its own every Friday and I for one love watching it with my family.

26. It’s really a cool and useful piece of information.
    I am happy that you simply shared this useful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

27. Cristela says:

I’m happy that they decided to bring her back. I think she is funny and I hope they see the ratings go up up and up.

28. hwoody223@yahoo.com says:

Cristela is hilarious! My son & i LOVE watching it together. we hope it’s on for years to come!

29. Lorraine says:

Cristela is the best new show to come along in a long time, in my opinion. MUCH better than two broke girls which amazes me is still on and people DO watch. The writing and cast of Cristela is great. PLEASE keep it going. I cannot believe the McCarthy’s and the Millers were cancelled and they put on the odd couple which I was really hoping was going to be good (LOVED the original) but it is so bad. Honestly they in power of what stay’s and what goes are CLUELESS. Two broke girls and the Odd couple have the worst writing I have ever heard. I really think we are going backwards with these sitcoms. The writing is like from really bad shows in the 70’s. I love Mom also and the writing is great, as is CRISTELA.