Exclusive

William Shatner Treks to Haven: Get Exclusive Details on His 'Pivotal' Arc

William Shatner Haven Season 5

William Shatner will seemingly throw the Prime Directive out the window when he sets foot in Haven later this season.

The iconic Star Trek captain recently teased on Twitter his gig on the Syfy series. Now, TVLine can exclusively reveal that Shatner will recur in a four-episode Season 5 arc in “a seminal role,” as a pivotal character that has the potential to forever impact the fate of the town of Haven and its Troubled residents.

PHOTO See Young Matt Mitovich Dressed as Star Trek‘s Captain Kirk

Syfy’s Haven airs Fridays at 7/6c. In tonight’s episode, Duke’s rolling Troubles and a new threat to Audrey force them each to seek the help of potentially dangerous allies. On Nov. 28, divided loyalties put Haven’s heroes at odds with one another. Then in the Dec. 5 midseason finale, Mara’s endgame is finally revealed, forcing Audrey and Nathan to enact a plan to stop her once and for all.

RELATED 2001: A Space Odyssey Sequel Blasts Off at Syfy

Also a veteran of such series as T.J. Hooker and Boston Legal, Shatner’s more recent TV credits include episodes of Hot in Cleveland, Rookie Blue and Psych.

Set your brains on “Speculate” and share your theories on Shatner’s “pivotal, seminal” role.

1. Wow. I did not see that coming.

• I haven’t been watching this season because I’m letting the episodes accumulate so I can then watch them over a two day period, but curiosity got the better of me and so I read what’s been going on over at the Haven wiki. Now that I know what happened, casting Shatner makes sense. Kirk knows what it’s like to go through the same problem Audrey is having, #theenemywithin

2. My eye open wide when I read that William Shatner decide to get the recurring role on Haven. He is the perfect to play sci-fic role. I can’t wait to learn what kind of role that he will be playing.

3. Sheila L. says:

I am so excited for this! My favs are colliding! #NeedMoreShatner

4. Elaine says:

This is great news! I love William Shatner. Can’t wait for the arc and an opportunity to see him in multiple episodes.

5. scribe says:

Damn it. Now I have to keep watching after giving up early this season.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Well something needs to happen because this season is awful. It’s just more of the same over and over again.

• erik says:

This *is* the final season, right?

• wrstlgirl says:

It was renewed for a “supersized” season 5 with 26 episodes. The first 13 are airing now and the second half will air sometime in 2015. So is it one season or two, depends on who you talk to. Either way I’m guessing this is the end.

• Seth says:

I disagree completely. I think this season is amazing and I like where it’s heading. But hey, to each their own.

7. ninamags says:

I guess he had to pay for his extensive home improvements somehow :P

8. KenL says:

Great idea, but I have long since given up on this joke of a channel after it gave up first on its better series. Even Shatner, who I love, can’t get me back. Not that it really matters. Just my two cents.

9. Moment says:

I watched a bit of this series for the first time recently, had no idea what was going on but the acting wasn’t that bad. Basically some woman stopped some trouble by killing him, and then driving off with Nathan, she wanted him to trust her so she handcuffs herself. He didn’t seem too happy with her. Anyway I thought it was okay, will check out Shatners episodes.

10. erik says:

It’s the BIg Giant Head, Sci-Fi’s ‘Jump the Shark’ character. Took out 3rd Rock and will now do the same for Haven.

11. Nancy Waugh says:

I don’t watch shows with that “actor” in them so I will miss these episodes of Haven. Shame. I really liked Haven. I was in the US Air Force in 1994 when this Canadian “actor” opted to insult the US Military while on a US Air Force base in San Antonio, TX. We booed his drunken behind off the stage and off the base and I haven’t looked back.

• Ron Frthing says:

Amen! I’ve had far too much of this bozo. I heard about this incident and several others over the years. I have not missed an episode of Haven since it started, but Shatner’s bad acting and mega ego might be the four episodes that I will dump.

• Tahonia says:

Nothing you say would surprise me or lessen my love for this guy. Can’t wait to see his arc! Of course, I was hoping for a Colin ferguson return…..

• Not doubting you but have never heard of this story before. And famous ego or not I can’t really imagine Shatner insulting the service men. If I may ask, what exactly did he do/say?

• supervisor194 says:

Guess, I didn’t post this in the right place so again…..Not doubting you but have never heard of this story before. And famous ego or not I can’t really imagine Shatner insulting the service men. If I may ask, what exactly did he do/say?

12. Joey Padron says:

Good casting news and scoop about new episodes. Can’t wait to watch new episode tonight!

13. ScottJ says:

Is Haven still getting its next block of 13 episodes? Ratings so far this season have plummeted, probably because of the Mara character and the splitting up of Audrey and Nathan. I’m half expecting the remaining episode order will be adjusted downwards.

• omnikey1 says:

What do you mean Audrey Nathan have split up ? Last time i checked they are still a couple .Did i miss the episode that showed this happening ??? LMAO! Or was it an AU version that some DA fans are watching ?

• wrstlgirl says:

They are still together but the story arc with Mara is terrible. I’m struggling to keep watching. I’m hoping they turn it around.

14. William Shatner AND Christian AKA Jason Reso on the show this season?! Awesome.

15. mooshki says:

Any hope this will lead to Duke taking his shirt off?

16. I can’t wait to learn what kind of role that William Shatner will be playing on Haven. Good luck to him.

17. Zamiast marudzić, że ktoś się podaje za urząd.

18. Druk Staramy się zapewnić klientowi jak największą wygodę, dlatego zapewniamy wszystkie niezbędne
    usługi reklamowe, dlatego oferujemy druk gotowych projektów, zarówno tych przygotowanych
    przez nas, jak również dostarczonych przez klienta.

19. pit-39 says:

Bóg wiedział, że Izrael widzi na co idą jego podatki.