Ratings: ABC Comedies Strong, SVU and P.D. Slip, Stalker Rises, 100 Up

Stalker Ratings

ABc’s The Middle this Wednesday drew 8.3 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating (per finals), up 16 percent in the demo to a season high/its best numbers since February.

Leading out of that, The Goldbergs (7.7 mil/2.4) rose 14 percent to match its best rating since its series debut. Modern Family (10.9 mil/3.7) was up 16 percent to best-since-premiere rating, while black-ish (7.9 mil/2.6) ticked up a tenth.

Nashville (5.5 mil/1.5) rose a tenth to tie its season high.

Elsewhere….

NBC | Mysteries of Laura returned to 8.6 mil and a 1.4, up a tenth from its last outing. SVU (7.9 mil/1.8) and Chicago PD (7.2 mil/1.6) both fell about 25 percent from last week’s Voice- and crossover-boosted episodes.

CBS | Survivor (9.8 mil/2.4) saw its largest audience of the season while rising a tenth in the demo, Criminal Minds (10.6 mil/2.3) was flat and Stalker (8 mil/1.6) popped 14 percent.

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.9 mil/1.5) and Red Band Society (3.0 mil/0.9) both added a handful of eyeballs while steady in the demo.

THE CW | Arrow (2.6 mil/0.9) was flat but The 100 (1.7 mil/0.6) inched up a tenth.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I pretty much DVR’d everything last night but if there are any other Survivor watchers out there …..is it just me or is this the most boring cast ever. There’s absolutely nothing interesting happening.

• Eric7740 says:

I wouldn’t say boring, because I’m still watching, but I havent really gotten emotionally attached to any of the players either, so I’m not really rooting for anyone to win.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m definitely still watching hoping for someone to actually do something to shake things up. If they don’t break up John and Jaclyn there dumber than dumb :-)

• canadian ninja says:

Or even worse, dumber than John and Jaclyn!

• wrstlgirl says:

Well said. They think they are running the game but considering they flip at every tribal it’s clear they have no loyalty to anything. How long is it gonna take the rest to figure that out.

• dan says:

Last night was the best episode so far, followed closely by last week’s episode. The merge has definitely made this season more exciting than it had been. I agree, however, that it is not one of the better seasons like we’ve had over the past few years. At least we got an unexpected (to me) blindside that was cleverly hidden by the editors.

• wrstlgirl says:

I saw that blindside coming. When he gave up his spot to *spoiler* after the challenge I was like “that was really stupid, *spoiler* will back stab you in a heartbeat”. (I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who hasn’t watch yet).

• Bartbro says:

I stopped watching two weeks ago. Boring!!!

2. Liz says:

The ABC comedy line up was perfection last night! Kudos to all the shows… And I feel MF has gotten a little bit of life back into it this season.

• dan says:

I felt like MF’s Thanksgiving episode was trying too hard. Almost like they were trying to replicate the farce-type Las Vegas episode from last season (which was much better). I’m still watching MF and laughing, but it isn’t as clever and funny as it used to be.

3. jason says:

Red Band up slightly in viewers? I hope it continues!

4. Remy says:

Red Band Society & The 100 were both fantastic last night. I hope RBS can get the viewers to get renewed. Sadly, I’m not getting my hopes up. They better not leave a huge cliffhanger on the season (possibly series?) finale.

• wrstlgirl says:

I like both shows but really love RBS. It really is a great little show. I hope and pray it can stick around.

• Moment says:

Series finale, the mid season schedule effectively cancels it. It’s just one of those shows that never really was given a chance by people, same with The Quest on ABC. I would understand if the show started high and dropped a lot but it started low and has barely hung on over the past 8 weeks. Such a shame.

5. Tori Coop says:

#LolNBC #LolSVU

6. bj says:

I admit I’ve given up on SVU because they seem to be just having stories that are “ripped from the headlines.” Last night’s ep definitely sounded like a story I had read recently. And before the crossover there was one that was definitely modeled on the ‘Slender Man’ story. As a result the ending was no surprise. If they want people to keep watching they need to use original stories, or at least very very old ones.

I did watch the crossover ep and it was good since I didn’t know what was going to happen.

7. Stalker is really getting very very good now.. more people must watch it and get it going…

• Marc says:

Yes to this. I’m outraged on behalf of Beth that she is being stalked again. Can’t wait to find out what she’ll do to the scum. Plus, why not put camera’s in the house?

• Morgan says:

My point exactly about the cameras. Beth is very smart, but they have written her as not acting as smart as she really is.

• lechatnoir says:

it has gotten better , plus I get my weekly fix of the finest luk kreung on TV , Maggie Q .

• Ray says:

Gave it a chance for four episodes but it turned out to be just another CBS procedural so I deleted my season pass.

8. TV God says:

Glad to see MoL go up. Hoping for that season 2 renewal.

9. sarah j says:

I was expecting Chicago PD to be lower this week. The numbers were still good.
    I DVR Nashville and Stalker.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s a tough time slot huh. I DVR Stalker and CPD and watch Nashville in another room. I don’t have one of those fancy DVR’s that can record 5-6 shows at a time :-)

10. Jenna says:

Glad to see Stalker rebound. After dissing it early on, I’ve watched the last 3 episodes and have become a fan. Hope CBS keeps it around for a while.

11. J. says:

The 100 is one of the best shows on television right now. Last night’s epsiode was amazing. So happy the ratings went up.

• sawyer says:

Yeah that was probably the best episode so far this season. I totally love The 100, great acting and writing. Love Clarke/Bellamy.Finn went all Anikan Skywalker pretty brutal. This show deserves better ratings. Hopefully word of mouth and Season1 on Netflix. I loved Octavia line when Clarke and Bellamy were hugging. “Well that’s not something I ever expected to see”. That was priceless. Great storyline fast paced. Truly one of best sci-fi on television.

12. Amanda says:

I don’t watch any reality shows except The Voice,So you Think You Can Dance and Project Runway, but I am a big fan of Criminal Minds, and now Stalker. I think Stalker started a little slow, but after the last couple of episodes I am totally hooked! The tension with Beth having her own creepy stalker, and her back story, AND her best friend dating him….too much! Can’t wait for it to all blow up! It just keeps getting better.

13. Luli says: