SNL's December Hosts: James Franco, Martin Freeman and Amy Adams

Martin Freeman SNL Host

NBC’s Saturday Night Live has announced its final hosts for 2014, The Hobbit himself included.

Following this weekend’s Cameron Diaz-fronted outing, Season 40 of the long-running sketch series will resume on Dec. 6 with James Franco delivering his third turn as lord of Studio 8H. Nicki Minaj will serve as musical guest, her second time doing so.

On Dec. 13 — just days before The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies hits theaters — Emmy winner Martin Freeman (Sherlock) will make his SNL hosting debut, alongside first-time musical guest Charli XCX.

Then on Dec. 20, multiple Academy Award nominee Amy Adams will return for her second time as host, while One Direction puts in their third appearance as musical guest. (Hey, maybe that one band member can actually sing by now…?)

Which of SNL‘s final 2014 match-ups are you most looking forward to?

1. GuessWhat says:

in other words, the Internet will break again on 12/20 thanks to all those tween girls staying up late.

2. Tran says:

Martin Freeman hasn’t host SNL before but we’ll see how funny Bilbo Baggins can be.

3. Frank says:

I would like to see Ty Burell, Eric Stonestreet or Norman Reedus host

4. Robby Horine says:

None of them. Let Mariska Hargitay guest host one. She’s earned it.

5. kirads09 says:

December 13th huh. I will actually have to watch or DVR this SNL with Freeman. ♥♥♥ him.

6. Ant says:

With it being the 40th Anniversary of the show, I was really hoping for some of the all time hosts to return. Alec Baldwin, John Goodman or Steve Martin. I really hoped for them to try and make the 40th year something special. Guess not.

7. mARTIN FREEMAN😍😍😍😍❤❤❤❤

8. RJ says:

WOW, Martin Freeman? <3 I'll definitely watch it

9. Joey Padron says:

Great hosts they chose for final episodes of the year.

10. Joe R says:

Amy Adams gets the Christmas hosting gig? I’m surprised it wasn’t a returning cast member of favorite host, like perennial Jimmy Fallon, or even Seth Myers or Steve Martin.

11. Ali says:

The hosting choices have been kind of underwhelming, especially these last few seasons. I keep hoping for them to pick some that aren’t former cast members or people they’ve had on a bunch of times because they seem to keep going back to them while only throwing in a few new ones every once in a while when there are TONS of great choices out there for new hosts. I like a lot of them and I get that they’re trying to go for the nostalgic factor for their 40th season, but I do think they need more fresh faces. I like the December lineup though. Martin Freeman is naturally pretty funny, so I’m really looking forward to seeing him. I was kind of hoping for any of the fan favorites to host their Christmas episode since that’s always the biggest one of the season and there’s a lot of pressure on the hosts to make it a good one, but I like Amy Adams and I think she’ll be able to do some good stuff. Not even going to bother saying anything about the musical guests because they almost always pick terrible ones these days.

12. Jillian says:

What time did he come on