Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D., Supe and New Girl Tick Up; NCISes, POI, NBC Sitcoms Rise

Season 2, Episode 8

A Shark Tank rerun opened ABC’s night this Tuesday with 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating (per finals), improving on the 3.1 mil/0.9 that last week’s Selfie/Modern Family repeat combo averaged.

Leading out of that, Agents of SHIELD did 4.6 mil and a 1.6, ticking up a tenth from last week’s series low. Forever (4.4 mil/1.0) was flat.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (18.1 mil/2.6) was up 13 percent in the demo, NCIS: New Orleans (16.9 mil/2.3) rose 15 percent and Person of Interest (9.9 mil/1.6) popped 23 percent, improving on last week’s series low.

NBC | The Voice (10.5 mil/2.7) slipped 10 percent in the demo week-to-week, while Marry Me (5.3 mil/1.5) rose 15 percent from its last outing (which was hampered by a Voice clip show) and About a Boy (4.3 mil/1.3) surged 44 percent. Chicago Fire (7.7 mil/2.1) was down 15 percent and a tenth from last week’s Voice-/crossover-boosted episode.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4.2 mil/1.6) fell two tenths, New Girl (2.8 mil/1.4) added a tenth and Mindy Project (2.4 mil/1.1) was flat.

THE CW | The Flash (3.73 mil/1.4) was steady, while Supernatural (2.54 mil/1.0) rose 18 percent and a tenth.

1. N says:

I love Forever!

2. Moment says:

The three tenth POI rise is lovely, I guess that super special NBC crossover event impacted its numbers, the rise confirms pretty much. While I would love to see it higher, being one of the best performing 10pm shows on the network helps with renewal.

3. Ames says:

i’m still bummed they cancelled Selfie…at least TMP got additional episodes ordered last week

• I.R.E. says:

Yeah, TMP is doing alright right now, but it needs these requirements to make it stronger:

1.) Add Rhea in the main cast as permanent.

2.) More recur-guest-appearances of Neicy and Yeardley.

3.) Return of Zoe and Allison as reduced guests to appear more this season.

4.) Wait for one more additional episode to make it 22.

4. Treve says:

Being outperformed by a rerun of Shark Tank just proves how badly Selfie was stinking it up!

5. Phil says:

My post last week regarding Selfie never appeared, but I would still like to hear Warner Bros. on the record as to why they did not allow Selfie to be available on iTunes. Way to shoot a funny show in the foot.

And I hope that 1.1 was worth it.

6. DL says:

Impressive numbers for Chicago Fire! And a great episode! NBC has built this into a hit.

7. I.R.E. says:

If they continue making both Jean and Dot recur-guest-appear continuously, then the ratings will grow.

They still also need to bring both Betsy and Abby to appear in this show as reduced guests this season to make it stronger.

8. ninamags says:

Yay for Supernatural! Another fun episode.

Felt like an old school episode. Loved it.

9. Emme says:

HOW… did the Flash tick down? It’s such a great show!

10. gdv says:

Glad to see New Girl tick up. I thought last night’s ep was its funniest in a long time. I think the Nick + Winston + Schmidt dynamic was especially strong and reminded me of its S2 glory days. (Not hating on Coach, btw. I think he’s funny too. But the writers know what they’re doing a bit more with the other guys.)

11. RedReddington says:

I really hope Forever gets a second season (everyone is predicting it won’t). Ioan Gruffudd is a joy to watch, and the show is fun and interesting. Please ABC, listen to your fans, don’t cancel it. :)

• Badpenny says:

I really think Forever’s 2nd Season will depend on what happens with Castle. If they bring Castle back then Forever is cancelled. If Castle does not come back then I think Forever will get a make-or-break try in Castle’s Monday time slot.

• Alex says:

I think ABC WILL listen to fans and cancel the show. The numbers are awful. It’s really lucky to get a full season. Second season? Very unlikely. Be grateful for small miracles. I like the show as a time-filler, but it’s not all that good.

12. Brian Reed says:

The Shield numbers and BS I watch live every week now plus again on DVR and on demand.

13. Shiloh says:

“New Girl” has been on a roll the past four eps., or so. Last week’s was pretty great—especially the last part. I laughed pretty hard when Schmidt was saying goodbye to CeCe’s “girls.” It kinda reminded me of watching a Charlie Chaplin movie at one point when she had the headphones in. But then they had him say a sweet thing about loving them anyway because he’ll always love CeCe (the girl they’re attached to) and that was the perfect touch because, as funny as it was (starting from the beginning when Schmidt heard all the way from another room CeCe’s plans-another lol moment), it was still playing on the verge of going too far.

This week’s was good too. The new teacher (British guy with the hot accent) is very attractive and they’re cute together. But, even though I’m not a Ness shipper (I’m not anti, just somewhat apathetic) I felt for them. Anyway. I was hoping they’d start getting in their groove again at NG and they have. I’m glad. And I’m glad it ticked up last night.

• Keith says:

I stopped watching last season because it wasn’t funny to me. This season they are back on their game and I’m happy to be watching again.

14. Dave says:

GIVE AGENTS OF SHIELD TO NETFLIX!!!! MAKE NETFLIX THE HOME OF MARVEL’S SERIES!!

15. Rich Abey says:

Relieved that Person of Interest has ticked up in the ratings. I am at a loss as to the poor ratings performance this season cause PoI has never been better quality-wise. It’s much more serialized (though it still employs the procedural element regularly), storylines tighter & more nuanced, dialogue though dealing with more critical matters is still as witter as before, old characters being serviced to the full, new characters highly impressive, complex & well fleshed-out, and most of all the underlying AI vs AI battle is getting more mind-blowingly epic by the episode!
    Seriously what more can you ask from the show? It’s totally unique in the current TV era, it’s fresh, it packs heat, has kick-ass stars & can still be labeled an ‘intelligent show’. Still original fans who couldn’t move on from Det. Carters death have apparantly stopped watching cause it’s “too different”. I honestly wouldn’t care if not for the fact that low ratings could lead to cancellation as CBS is more worried about the popularity (hot trend, viewers, demo) of their shows rather than their quality, hence why the likes of two and a half men, CSI still exist.