TVLine Items: CW Ups Original Bro, Hulu's Billy Eichner Comedy and More

Yusuf Gatewood The Originals

One resurrected member of the Original family definitely will, stick around.

The CW series has promoted Yusuf Gatewood, who plays Mikaelson brother Finn (in the body of Vincent), to series regular for Season 2, EW.com reports.

We’re guessing those shackles from last night’s episode don’t stay on for long, then?

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Hulu has given a straight-to-series order to Difficult People, a half-hour comedy from executive producer Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) and the team behind Billy on the Street, Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner, who star as best friends living in New York City. In the series, their typical, irreverent behavior lands them in some very awkward situations.

* FX has ordered a new historical drama called Taboo from Ridley Scott (AlienThe Good Wife), Steven Knight (The Hundred-Foot Journey) and Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises). In it, Hardy will play a rogue adventurer who seeks to avenge his father’s death at the same time that he attempts to build his own trade-and-shipping empire. The series is tentatively slated to premiere in 2016.

* KROQ radio personality Kevin Ryder will host tonight’s Anarchy Afterword on FX, with Sons of Anarchy cast members Jimmy Smits, Drea de Matteo and (via satellite) Theo Rossi.

* The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, airing Dec. 9 on CBS, has tapped Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande and Hozier as musical performers.

* Nickelodeon has renewed Henry Danger and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn for Season 2. Additionally, the network greenlit two live-action comedic pilots: the beach club-set The Dunes Club, about a privileged boy and a street-smart local girl, and Future Shock, in which two brothers get transported to the year 2070.

* Disney Junior has renewed the animated pre-school Western Sheriff Callie’s Wild West for Season 2.

1. Tran says:

Really don’t like Billy Eichner. He’s like the male version of Kathy Griffin.

2. Letti says:

I guess I’m ok with Yusuf even if I don’t like Finn, but I wish they would finally make Nathaniel Buzolic a regular. He would really deserve that.

• Ally Oop says:

Both Daniel Sharman and Nathaniel Buzolic do an equally good job playing Kol and I think the character adds to the show. I am really enjoying all his scenes. Poor Finn, on the other hand, comes across as annoying, a real mama’s boy and I really just dislike every scene he’s in. Something really bugs me about the actor too, I just can’t put my finger on it. Im worried that only Finn will get upped to series regular and Kol will be dropped.

• Cas says:

I agree on Finn. He is just annoying I find. Kol is decent but I much prefer the original Kol.

• Letti says:

I’m seriously hoping that “Kol” wasn’t upgraded to regular because he will get his body back. I would be so happy for that. Daniel Sharman is totally cool and he portrays Kol very well, but it still feels like they would pass Rebekah’s or Elijah’s role to someone else, it’ so unfair and Daniel Sharman would also deserve a real role, not a recast one. Anyway I heard that the original Finn actor isn’t acting nowadays, but he was the only Original who I never found decent even in his own body.

• zed says:

I am also ok with YG becoming regular .I so want Nathaniel Buzolic as regular and back as Kol. – this is about the Originals- and let’s have the Original actors too, please! I have nothing against DS, but Original Kol is original!!!

3. Riana says:

I think that this means Kol will get his body back

4. KyleScott says:

It’s Daniel they sould have upgraded in priority !

5. Ally Oop says:

Not happy about this. I really dislike the actor and character and have been hoping he’ll be killed off. The guy who plays Cole, on the other hand, can definitely stick around.

6. zed says:

Kaleb can come back as Kaleb and so D. Sharman can stay on- I think he and Danielle Campbell are great in scenes together- but Kol should be played by Nathaniel

7. Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

Wow. Might want to change that headline. I know that in this instance “bro” means that he’s somebody’s brother. But, wihtout clicking the link and reading the article it comes off as “CW Promotes Tha Brotha (aka The Black Guy)”.

8. Liza says:

Nothing against this actor or the one currently playing Kol, because they are both doing a great job, but I echo what so many others are saying. We want The Original actors playing The Origjnals and this includes Esther too!!!

• zed says:

I also want real Esther to come to life… it would just be so great- because Alice Evans has such a great poise. Love her.

• zed says:

I also would like the real Esther to get back in her own body! Love Alice Evans as Esther, she has such a great poise. And I think that Esther and Klaus head to head aka Alice and Joseph would deliver extraordinary scenes!!

9. Kristen says:

I actually like this new actor just as much if not more than the original Finn, probably because we never really got to know the character of Finn that well in TVD. It’s the new actor playing Ester I am still having hard time adjusting to. She is obviously talented, but I really miss Alice Evans’ cold, detached portrayal. I found it much more menacing in its subtlety. As for the new Kol, I think he is doing a solid job but again, I can’t help but miss Nathaniel’s more reckless and ruthless interpretation of Kol. His version was just so entertaining because if how unpredictable he was 😄 Too bad we have only seen him in one episode this season. I was hoping for more.

10. Riana says:

Apparently the original Finn quit acting to become a boat racer or something.

11. Jane says:

Great news that Yusuf is staying! Now all I want is Nate Buzolic to return as Kol and for Daniel to stay as Kaleb. Though I’ve heard Teen Wolf want him back so it might be hard?

12. Bobby says:

I have tried and tried to stick with The Originals but I find no connection with any of the characters and honestly want Klaus dead and gone. The angsty thing, the constant revenge and killing of anyone and everyone is not a good plot point or surprising and just more reason for Klaus to suffer as “poor, poor, pitiful little hybrid”. I’m over and honestly, it’s got a couple more episodes to make things better or I’m not going to watch anymore.