Exclusive

Justified Final-Season First Look: Raylan Rallies Anxious Ava to Betray Boyd — Plus: [Spoiler] Returns!

Loading video...

Will “the bullet find” Timothy Olyphant’s Raylan as FX’s Justified draws to a close? Or might Ava (played by Joelle Carter) be the one to wind up on the business end of a gun, her ex-fiance’s finger on the trigger?

Those questions and others are raised by a new promo (above) for the beloved drama’s sixth and final season, premiering in January. You’ll witness Ava’s anxiety over the “danger” of snitching on Boyd (Walton Goggins), strong-armed as she has been by lawman Givens. You’ll see Boyd tender a provocative proposition to his off-and-on — when he isn’t ominously eyeballing her in her sleep.

Oh, and you’ll find out which scalawag is out of the clink and hoping to jump back in the mix, as these final episodes unfurl.

1. Lisa says:

How much you want to bet that that face off between Raylan and Boyd is the final shot of the series and we hear two gunshots as the screen goes dark?

• Stuart Evins says:

This series is so good, the writers should have a pretty good ending, but not completely terminally end everything. I would think that a series of or at least one Justified movie might be in order. Then again, there are some good characters and some good subplots that other shows and movies could be built from.

• Maryann says:

Whoa! That sounds so likely that I may not tune in until I know how it is NOT going to end.

2. Deion says:

Dewey Crow!

3. Lisa, that’d be so cool but such a tease because we wouldn’t know if they’re alive or dead! LOL. Can’t wait for this season!

4. maymay says:

Will Natalie Zea make a comback late in this series? I truly hope so.

5. Erin2 says:

Ava and Raylan die… Boyd lives!

6. Andrew says:

I’ve never really understood the idea of building the final season around Ava getting flipped by Raylan. Why does she have to go undercover like that? Doesn’t she already know enough to put Boyd away?

• Kyle says:

It’s not about what she knows, it’s about what she can prove. If she can’t prove it, everything she says is simply hearsay. And Boyd’s not the type of idiot that leaves evidence laying around.

• Dixie Stine says:

The best part of the show, in my opinion, was the relationship between Boyd and Ava. They screwed that up and I was so glad I had chosen not to watch that season. I won’t watch this one either. If it ends well (Boyd and Ava together) Raylan not killed off either, I’ll buy the DVD’s and catch up. It was my favorite show for the first two seasons. Then I started worrying about the idea that Boyd would be killed off. I couldn’t stand to see that. When you lose loved ones in real life, you want to see your heroes (and Boyd is my hero in some ways) survive. :)

• Boyd is a criminal–although a very charismatic one. He enjoys his work and despite his love for Ava, he seems to have his self interest at heart before anyone else. He doesn’t have to die, but it would be satisfying to me to see him in prison at the end. Ava is a strong smart woman who can survive on her own.

7. drhenning says:

I hope the characters moved to FL or something since it looked too bright for KY… They’ve done a decent job in making CA look like KY all these years.. I was hoping they would go back to KY where they did the pilot for some real locations..

8. So we have the last season of justified, SoA and The Newsroom, what the hell are we gonna watch now?

9. This show is just too good to end it! Got to see more of Raylan and Boyd.

10. JM says:

Can’t wait! Love this show and will be so sad to see it end. I hope it gets some award recogniton in its final year, because it has been so underappreciated. Lastly, I want Ava and Boyd together!!

11. Bill Romance says:

The writing is so good on this show that whatever happens, know that I’ll be glued to the set … and the final season will premiere just in time for my 60th birthday … this will be my cake … ☺

12. William Elam says:

I lived in Harlan… I worked there. My dad died there , and my sister was born there. I know the writers have gone to great lengths to be respectful of the people and the culture. Eastern Kentucky is not a place on the moon, it is part and parcel of the United States, with a proud history.
    Justified is my favorite program, and by the way , I see characters like Dickie, all day long…..he’s not a stereotype. But I also see the honest hard working people as well. Drugs have devastated an entire generation here, and continues to do so. The writers have been sensitive to that, and respected it. Can’t wait until January for the season to begin !!!

13. Carrie says:

I’m really bummed that this is gonna be the final season. One of the best shows on TV.

14. Maryann says:

I just want to see Raylan and his wife not dead at the end of the deries.

15. burrrobson says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, I don’t want this series to end! And even more I don’t want Raylan and Boyd killed. I understand that without Elmore Leonard, it’s time for this to end, but it was/is SOOOO GOOD.

16. Dixie Stine says:

I didn’t watch last season, and I don’t plan to watch this season. I don’t think I could bare to see Boyd killed. It would hurt me way too much. If he and the rest of the main casts survives, I’ll purchase the DVD’s. Sometimes you just want a happy ending. I haven’t have many of those in real life. I would love to have seen one on this show. I know, without a doubt that it won’t happen, but it would have been nice.

17. Gloria says:

Please don’t end this series. I loved the show. All the different turns you took us on. Great writing. I love the bad guys as well as the good guy. I hope you all change your minds.

18. MontanaMoose says:

I just hope they give Tim and Rachel a respectable amount of air time. Yost promised we would see more of Art in Season 5 and more of Tim and Rachel in Season 6. They did the first half, I hope he makes good on the second half. I realize they are in supporting roles and not the leads, but much more could have gone into those characters over the years.

19. Hilda says:

Is so difficult to see this Show.I have XFINITY NEXFLIX AND HULU. I CANT NOT SEE THIS SHOW!,,,why you gys put it so difficult

20. monty montanez says:

What a shame.. Justified final season.

THE BEST TV SHOW THAT IT IS AND WILL BE AGAIN.
    From the great city of Modesto, Mr.Olyphant stand alone.

21. debbie podgorney says:

I love the show justified its one of the better shows they shoulnt be ending it

22. CKC says:

Boyd should have been killed in first season. I hope they kill him off I can’t stand him or Ava. Raylan is the only one I care to see and since they seem to love murderers and drug dealers they will probably kill him and leave Boyd alive. Will be a waste of 6 years if they do.

23. Susan Harris says:

I love Timothy. You & Winona should be together not you alone. Baby Raylon needs you…

24. Susan Harris says:

I love Timothy. You & Winona should be together not you alone. Baby Raylan needs you…wish the show wouldn’t end.

25. katherine says: