Exclusive

The Originals Video: Joseph Morgan Talks Klaus' Father, Rebekah's Return and More Year-End Twists

Will Klaus play ball with his father? What’s “terrifying” about baby Hope? And does Klaus still carry a torch for a certain Mystic Falls blonde? Nothing was off-limits during The Originals star Joseph Morgan‘s recent visit to TVLine.

RELATED The Originals First Look: Rebekah Returns — and She’s Not Alone!

If you’re not down to watch the entire 8-minute video — though we recommend you carve out some time, because it’s pretty great — here are a few highlights from our interview with the vampire hybrid:

0:58 — How will Klaus bond with his father? (Spoiler alert: It won’t involve baseball mits.)

2:22 — Find out how Rebekah’s return will result in “heartwarming” moments with her brothers.

4:00 — Morgan reveals his excitement to work with a baby again, as well as the “terrifying” doll used as a stand-in for Hope. (“It looks like something that should come alive at night and stalk you with a knife.”)

RELATED The CW Fall Finale Dates: Originals, Supernatural, Flash and More

4:45 — Morgan gives us a biology lesson: How much vampire, werewolf and witch blood does Hope really have in her? (It’s worth watching just to see us attempt to do math.)

6:20 — How does Klaus really feel about Caroline Forbes, his former Vampire Diaries flame? (Oh yes, we asked it.)

7:30 — Has Morgan inherited any of Klaus’ artistic abilities? Find out by watching him draw a picture of Klaus and Elijah in just 30-ish seconds!

Your thoughts after watching our interview with Joseph Morgan? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. James says:

I love the H2O reference Joseph made because it is indeed uncommon for former co-stars to star again in the same show.

2. Laura says:

I wanted to know about Klaus and Hayley.

3. James says:

Bwahahaha….Thanks Andy for the interview. Got me laughing on a lot of things you got Joseph to do and answer.

4. Giulia says:

Klaroline. ♥

5. Fran says:

That was a great interview, thank you! Joseph Morgan seems like such a nice guy.

6. ash says:

He is so charming and adorable. I just had to say it.
    Good interview!

7. zed says:

He, Klaus feels frustrated about Hayley?! Hm… Klayley!!!!

8. Jenny says:

I love this video. Thanks Andy!

9. marie says:

what did he say about caroline?

10. sleaze says:

Question is camille freya

11. Len says:

I really enjoyed this interview :) Joseph Morgan seems like a really nice and fun guy.

12. Ari says:

Just as charming as the character he plays, just less evil.

13. Ally Oop says:

Great interview. He does such a grand job playing Klaus, great actor. The Originals is a top 10 show for me, my only worry for this season is that too many family members have been brought back. I don’t like Esther at all so hopefully she bites the dust and I rolled my eyes at her bringing Klaus’ real father into things. And I think Caroline and Klaus should remain on separate paths. I’d much rather see Klaus and Hayley end up together. Also, I would love for Elijah to get a new love interest.

• l says:

ewwwwwwwwwwwww no

• Kristen says:

that’s how I feel too 😄 I have always liked the Klaroline dynamic but I guess if they are forcing us to “ship” Klaus with someone though, ironically I would probably prefer Hayley over Cami. I shudder at another love triangle but at least his scenes with Hayley are more interesting. I have tried so hard to like him with Cami because they push it so much, but she is just so boring and bland. Maybe it is because she’s human. I don’t know. I will still keep trying to keep an open mind 😄

• Dmac says:

Michael Narducci as well as Joseph have stayed that they will never be
      a couple. Klaus and Hayley are more are family due to Hope and nothing more. Elijah and Klaus will never fight over the same girl except in flashbacks.

• Fran says:

I have the exact opposite reaction to Ester and the other family members coming back. I love it! It was just weird when it was just 2 of them. I’m really intrigued by Klaus’s father. And I’m actually glad there hasnt really been any major emphasis on romance this season. We get enough of that from TVD.

14. Kristen says:

Just “intrigued” by Caroline? I think by the end of season 4 klaus was definitely beyond”intrigued ” 😄 with that ” I intend to be your last love” line.
    Well, at least he laughed this time when caroline was brought up instead of looking horrified like he did at Payleyfest.

15. pauline says:

great interview :)

16. Lia says:

At least JOMO learnt how to act like normal person again when Caroline is mentioned

17. Robby says:

As much as I hate to say this, I think the Klaroline ship (pun intended) has sailed. I don’t think the actress or the writers have any interest in moving her to the other show. I think the cast reacts funny to it because to them that glimmer of a relationship is almost 2 years old and was abandoned when the spinoff went forward.

• Kristen says:

Yes as I much as I loved the Klaroline dynamic it is now crystal clear they don’t have any intention of pursuing it further. The reason why people have had trouble letting it go is because of the way they “ended” it. They essentially baited the fans of that “ship” with the “I intend to be your last love” declaration of Klaus at the end of TVD season 4,etc. and then went on to give interviews about how they planned to continue the storyline despite the spinoff last fall. It is clear now that it was just a ploy for ratings and to get those fans to tune in to the spinoff. They should have just ended it properly sometime in TVD season 4. Now that “last love” line, as great as it was, is going to haunt them forever.

18. Too bad you didn’t ask anything at all about Klaus and Elijah. Their brotherly bond is the reason why I watch the show, so yeah, I was disappointed by this interview.

19. Sam Beebs says: