Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy's Tommy Flanagan Joins Revenge as 'Powerful and Dangerous' New Villain

Revenge

Sons of Anarchy‘s Tommy Flanagan has Revenge on the brain.

The actor — whose seven-year run on FX’s biker smash concludes next month — is segueing to ABC’s Sunday-night drama in a major recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Flanagan will play the powerful and dangerous Malcolm Black, a high-functioning psychopath with a long memory for those who have crossed him. Self-made, cold and calculating, he is relentless when it comes to protecting both his family and his fortune.

He’ll first debut in Episode 11, AKA the show’s midseason premiere (specific air date TBD, but early 2015).

Thoughts on Revenge‘s latest casting coup? Theories as to how Malcolm fits into the show’s mythology? Hit the comments!

1. wrstlgirl says:

OMG OMG OMG !!! I’ve been really meh on this show the last couple of seasons. Now I’m really excited again :-) :-)

• iMember says:

This season has been really really great though!

• wrstlgirl says:

It’s been okay. I really expected more from the “shocking return of David Clarke” but now maybe that he knows Emily is Amanda it will pick up. And I am not even remotely interested in Daniel’s mess.

2. Luke says:

Just saw him pop up on Peaky Blinders, which everybody should definitely go watch on Netflix.

3. tr3vors says:

interesting wondering who double crossed him? or he was also one of those that yet Amanda has to avenge to?

4. iMember says:

This season has already been outstanding and I’m PUMPED for this!

Also Malcolm Black is such a great name.

5. jen says:

This is Fantastic News!!

6. Kate says:

I’m guessing that this is likely connected to whatever David was doing in his missing years.

7. N says:

A new beau for V?

8. Monica says:

YAY! !!! TOMMY FLANAGAN ROCKS!!!!

9. YAY!!!! Can’t wait to see him on Revenge, maybe it will amp that show back up!!! This season has been a little boring!!

10. A.Rae says:

Oh yeah! Now I’m going to have to start watching this show…

11. DON says:

I AM GLAD I WILL GET TO SEE HIM ACT AGAIN,FIRST TIME I SEEN HIM WAS IN THAY MEL GIBSON MOVIE, HE WAS A GREAT ACTOR, I AM IRISH SO I AM PREJUDICE LOL.

12. Guest says:

Aww that will be great to see Chibs in a diff role. I hope he’s Victoria’s nemesis

13. lindsey says:

Love him! ! He’ll be bad ass… As long as he’s not on team Victoria

14. cassie says:

I can’t wait I watch both shows faithfully and I’m so excited.

15. Caireen says:

I am sooooooo tired of Revenge. I finally gave up this season after episode 3, BUT I will definitely tune in Tommy Flanagan!

16. dee123 says:

Cool. Hopefully he’s not ANOTHER of Victoria’s long lost loves.

17. PatioPrincess says:

This is good news. He’s a great actor and it will be fun to see him in a different role. I love him as Chibs, but, I bet he’ll look nice in real clothes and not the grungy biker look he’s been stuck in for so long (but, that works well too!) I also hope he’ll show up on STARZ “Outlander” as that would be fun to see him get his Scottish on.

18. I was wondering what will be the newest villains that will pop up in Revenge. Tommy Flanagan sound like he will be the perfect choice and I pray and hope that ABC will renewal the show in the 2015-2016 season.

19. Teresa Ybarra says:

Great Revenge is a great drama .

20. Andrea Berg says:

I’ve gotten to Enjoy watching Tommy Flanagan on #SOA since it began and I’m a Fan of His,&All,#ForLife!! He’s Awesome!! So now I Can look Forward,After it’s Ended to watching him on Another show I’ve liked since it began!! Truly #Awesome!! :-)

21. Captjill says:

So glad to be able to continue watching him on Television. I wonder if Malcom Black is another casualty of the Graysons? It will be interesting to see what’s what!

22. LJ Bissonnette says:

Wouldn’t it be something if he turned out to be the real Emily Thorne’s father who has been searching for his long lost daughter? After all Carl is going to need a grandfather. Oftentimes, good grandpa’s make lifes little nasties a bit more bearable–and as long as Victoria is going to be in the picture life is going to be filled with lots of little nasties. For everyone. “Mr. Thorne” finally discovers his daughter’s whereabouts only to learn of her death. Then he searches for answers like who’s responsible and voila! fodder for a few more seasons of Revenge!

23. Dave says:

just when i’m ready to break up with this tedious show they go and do this and suck me right back in? nicely played.

24. jessica says:

Great move Tommy is so awesome. He’s great in Sons of Anarchy and a really nice guy to his fans

25. Gloria Sejnowski says:

YAHOO. ….love this SEXY Bad Boy! I will have to start watching Revenge!!!

26. James says:

Fans of Revenge should tart preparing themselves for cancellation. This soap has had a good run but it’s characters and more importantly the shows plot are all used up.

27. Nina Dickson says:

Wonderful Flanagan not only handsome and talented but love seeing him in anything..

28. Donna says:

Could Malcolm be Nolan’s father? I can’t remember that history….

• Kay says:

No, Nolan’s father died back in season 2, if memory serves me correctly. His death led to Nolan and Padma clearing out a storage unit, where Padma found proof of David Clark’s original investment in Nolcorp, which led to Nolan having to surrender to Greyson Global.

29. joyce says:

Excellent choice!!! He is great on SOA.

30. RevengeFan says:

Excited about Tommy joining the cast. I think he’s going to be the guy who David escaped from, the one who’s been sending people to kill him. Love this show, love the clothes and Kim Lee Ozawa’s jewelry on the cast, love Fil’s music. 😍

31. Joe says:

What happened to that revenge pic….that had stories galore on it….she crossed out like 4 images…..that’s when the show lost it…she could have gone on and on…killing them all…America loved watching the super rich year each other apart…that was the underlying theme that ended up pulling people in…we all know that there is another side to super wealth

32. Ruth says:

I’m disappointed in Revenge this season. Every word out of Victoria’s mouth is lies, and everyone still believes her. Of course Em’s father is to much front and center. To many new characters. story lines are boring. Need more Nolan.

33. Nikhila says:

Addressing the fact that he is “high functioning, psychopath”, he might be somewhere related to Loui Ellis and hence has Victoria on mind?!?!

34. Michelle says:

Super excited to see Tommy join the cast of Revenge! I’ve always loved revenge and super love Sons so to me it’s an epic match up!!can not wait to see what happens! Last Sundays episode of revenge was really great love seeing Emily back to kicking butt and taking names!!!

35. pattssaa says:

Sounds good , hope he is better than David Clark he is a joke

36. Silver Raven says:

“his family”? Do we know any members of his family yet?

37. Renee says:

Can’t wait to see Tommy Flanagan in his new role!! There will always be a part of Chibs in him and I will just have to put Sons on repeat……..

38. Patrick GILLEASE says:

I am disgusted by the whole mess that “Revenge” has become. It has been my guilty pleasure these past four years, but this new direction with Malcolm Black feels like the same mistake the show made in the disastrous second season with the Initiative. They are forgetting that the show’s focus is on the Clarkes and the Graysons. I hate to say it, but I am now over “Revenge.” Viewers have fled the show in droves, and for very good reason. ABC and the producers need to make a joint decision to end the series after this year, make the announcement now, and start wrapping up the loose ends. Those of us who have stuck it out this long deserve to see Jack and Amanda get together and let David live the rest of his life with some semblance of happiness in the final episode. Enough is enough!

39. Michael Lyster says:

Somebody please tell me what accent Tommy FLANAGAN was attempting in Revenge..? I know he is Scottish but..Cornwall heads to Newfoundland? 😳