Longmire May Get New Life Via Netflix

longmire-season-4-renewed-netflix-cancelled-amc

Netflix might be about to put the “long” in Longmire.

The streaming service is in “deep negotiations” to order a fourth season of the Wyoming-set crime drama, which was cancelled by A&E in August, our sister site Deadline is reporting.

Longmire wrapped Season 3 at A&E with an audience of 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, down 16 and 45 percent from its sophomore finale.

The series seemingly ended with a giant question mark, with Branch confronting his father Barlow about funneling money to “sworn enemy” Nighthorse, and Barlow menacingly noting, “I don’t have time to make another fortune… but I do have time to make another son.” With that, he triggered a skeet trap to distract Branch, right before the ominous sound of a shotgun concluded the action.

According to Deadline, the Netflix-Longmire courtship has not been entirely smooth — “and there is a chance that a final agreement may not be reached.” If a deal is struck, however, production on Season 4 would begin in March.

Back in September, rumor had it that Longmire producer Warner Horizon was focusing its revival efforts on Netflix and Amazon — and to a lesser extent Hulu and Yahoo Screen — as the show’s older-skewing demographic made it a tougher sell to ad-supported networks.

Excited by the prospect of a Longmire revival, or had you made peace with its passing? Sound off in the comments!

1. Christina Reynolds says:

That would be great. Loved Longmire.

2. sb says:

Yes ..hope so….love Longmire

3. Moment says:

The show never should have been canceled to begin with, it was doing fine for a cable show. The decision to end it was ridiculous, I hope Netflix revives it for the fans.

• Bruce says:

RIGHT! Let’s all boycott A&E…..

• Marc says:

By cancelling Longmire, A&E seems to be boycotting me as a viewer. I find nothing remotely watchable (ie: artistic or entertaining) on it. I look forward to a la carte cable when I can drop A&E and a bunch of other crap “reality” networks and use the savings for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

• Moment says:

If you feel you have too, go for it. While your viewing isn’t tracked if you don’t have a Nielsen box, if you or anyone dislikes the network that much, just don’t watch it, call it a boycott if it helps. Nothing on A&E interests me personally so they won’t ever have my viewing.

4. Karen Scott says:

#LongLiveLongmire And now 6 million people are screaming #Longmire4Ever !!!!

5. A. D. says:

Yes! Now save Witches of East End!

6. Margie says:

That would be wonderful!!!! Please Netflix, please.

7. Drew says:

Still waiting for Dallas to be saved.

8. johnhelvete says:

Longmire is a good show and it would be great to have a final season to end the show properly. Not looking forward to the fans not being satisfied with having one final season, just like fans of The Killing expected to get additional seasons beyond season 4 of that show. I know I am getting ahead of myself and the show could be picked up by Netflix to run multiple seasons. Also if the new season is less than 10 episodes, than the fans will complain about that as well instead of being grateful that they get a final 6-8 episode season to wrap things up.

9. Kevin says:

witches of east end too plz; think some networks need to take note of how netflix is smart in bringing more fans to them

• Bobbee says:

It’s funny, I just got hooked on Witches of East End by binge watching season 1 on Netflix, only to find out it just got cancelled. So I am with you, Netflix could replace that horribly written/acted Hemlock Grove they have on now with Witches of East End.

10. Heathers says:

I wish it would get picked up by a cable channel instead of Netflix. I cancelled it about a year and a half ago. The reception was horrible, video quality was jumpy, stop-start. I haven’t seen the final seasons of The Killing or Damages, which I would love to see.

11. Please, Please Please Netflix pick this up. Great writing, fantastic acting and a ready made fan base you can’t beat that. #longlifelongmire

12. princeei says:

Definitely want Longmire back!!!!! Wonderful show!

13. georgiamadman says:

I would be stoked if we got more seasons of Longmire. I’ll be there. Long live Ferg!

14. ccorbett says:

Very happy about this!

15. mdbchud says:

Happy for Longmire fans. Now….PLEASE SAVE DALLAS!!!!!!!!

16. Earlene K. Martin says:

Loved Longmire, and was ILL when It was canceled. PLEASE renew it! And let us know when and where. Thanks.

17. Pam says:

A&E has lost me as a viewer. I hope Netfix goes forward. We stream netfix I hope there are many more seasons

18. JeffDJ says:

Oh please, please, please make this happen!!

19. Susan Ray says:

Please, please, please let it be true! I want my Longmire! #LongLiveLongmire

20. Deion says:

Yes. Let’s get this done.

21. SherrylCm says:

I will be thrilled if Longmire returns. It was a poor choice to cancel it because of the viewership. As to sponsors, there are tons that they could have approached for commercials that appealed to all age groups- particularly those of us who actually jhave money to spend. Ah, the younger production crowd don’t know what good things really are.

• Lexi says:

Thank you.. I want to know what older crowd are they talking about?? There are 6 of us who watched and we are in our 20′ and 30’… Idiots…

• Jim says:

Sure. Sylvania. Twenty Mule Team Borax (Go Ronald [not the MAC]). Muntz. Sagamore two-two nine hundred.

22. kirads09 says:

YES. Please Netflix. Please.

23. Et al says:

I was hoping Netflix would save their budget to save The 100 once it’s canceled.

24. Karen Becnel says:

We love Longmire and we have plenty of influence on the market so sponsors listen up!

25. ROBIN says:

More Longmire! Love love love LDP and RT. GREAT SHOW.

26. Carol Watkins says:

I have Direct TV. I cant afford to buy Netflix too.

27. #LongLiveLongmire This is a great cast, great writing, and because of what we actually see they have a great crew. The writing is fabulous, based on the “Longmire” books by Craig Johnson. This is a show you can watch with you pre-teens, and them not embarrassed if their friends see them watching it with you. Hope this is for real.

28. Natureboy1019 says:

Bring it back love the show and cast writing not to bad.

29. Kelly says:

I love Netflix. I love Longmire! It would be so GREAT if they would continue the series. Even beyond the 4th season. It is the one show our whole family would watch together.

30. paul alford says:

Love the show,great acting and writing.

31. barb says:

I hope it continues, it’s one of my favorite. I have Netflix service an have thought of cancelling it but if they have Long mire I will for sure keep it.

32. Imraan says:

Great show give us season 4 !

33. Sherry says:

A & E probably doesn’t get that many viewers anyway, so cancelling Longmire was a bad move all the way around!! It’s a great show and I really hope it gets picked up by another channel. What’s wrong with catering to an older crowd? It’s still warm bodies!

34. bob wells says:

Excellent actors, great scripts, interesting plot lines and beautifully filmed. Yea, Longmire should be canned. Kidding with sarcasm. Please find a spot for a grand modern western feel series.

35. Mary Morris says:

Great Show. Hope it gets renewed on any channel

36. Charles says:

The older demographic. Yea like iPhone and big 5 plus inch screens as just for youth discounting all the older group who can’t see as well and have the money. Mistake of youth ,
    Longmire is a modern new western a demo that the baby boomers still the largest demo can relate to .

37. Amber says:

Really hoping this happens!

38. Anita says:

I am a Longmire fan, better than any show on tv. Finally got a great show to watch and A&E wants to cancel it……confused

39. Sand says:

I love Longmire– it is one of the best dramas on TV, I can’t imagine not watching this intelligent show every week!!!!! I would love to see it continue

40. wally says:

love longmire, hope netflix picks it up

41. Brandy Griffith says:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LONGMIRE!! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN ASAP AND WITH AS MANY SEASONS AS POSSIBLE! JUST FINISHED WATCHING ALL 3 SEASONS ON NETFLIX AND WOULD BE HEARTBROKEN IF IT ENDED THIS WAY :( PLEASE HELP WALT SAVE HENRY, BRANCH, AND VIC!! #LONGLIVELONGMIRE!!! <3

42. Jan Middleton says:

WE are so happy to hear that Longmire may be coming back. We LOVE it!! Please, Please, Please Netflix, keep it on, we will watch!!!

43. Donna Loper says:

Love Longmire.

44. Art Ist says:

If it goes to Netflix I guess I will have to wait until they show it in reruns on TNT

45. Ross says:

Its disappointing to learn that Longmire was dropped by A&E because the viewers were too old!!!
    Goodbye A&E….

• Kathie says:

I was so bummed by Longmire cancellation, sort of on the heels of The Glades. I wish they would use Hulu Plus, which I have, instead of Netflix, which I don’t. Don’t watch anything on A&E now that those two shows are gone. Don’t they know that older viewers often have as much or more money to spend than young people?
      The saddest thing is they will probably add new, even stupider “reality” shows than they already have.

46. Please, oh, please, reach an agreement. So many of us love the show and were upset at the cancellation.

47. Sue says:

Want Longmire to go on and on

48. I’ve never used Netflix. Will have to figure it out to continue with Longmire. It was the best thing on TV. I don’t understand A&E’s decision. Makes no sense. Oh well, nothing on A&E to watch now.

49. Bobbee says:

Fingers crossed. Netflix is a great place for it. They don’t have anything in that genre and it comes with a built in customer base. The only other Netflix Original that I watch now is OITNB. I tried watching Hemlock Grove and it is just pure dreck. Netflix could use another quality show in their arsenal.