Ratings: Voice-Boosted SVU/P.D. Xover Cops Big Numbers; Stalker, Arrow Dip

SVU Crossover Ratings

Give a pay raise to whomever paired the Law & Order: SVU/Chicago P.D. crossover event with a special Voice outing, because NBC had a very good night as a result.

The Voice‘s results show led things off with 10.6 million total viewers and a 2.5 demo rating (per finals), down from its Tuesday playoff tallies but improving hugely on Mysteries of Laura‘s most recent performance in the time slot (7.9 mil/1.3). Leading out of that, SVU drew 10 mil and a 2.4, surging 43 and 50 percent to net its largest audience in nearly four years its best rating since last fall’s opener.

Chicago P.D. closed the two-night, three-show crossover event with 9.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, up 52 and 57 percent to hit and match all-time highs.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Survivor (9.5 mil/2.3) was steady, Criminal Minds (10.4 mil/2.3) ticked up 10 percent in the demo, while Stalker (7 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth.

ABC | The Middle (8.1 mil/1.9) ticked up a tenth in the demo, while The Goldbergs (7.5 mil/2.1) and Modern Family (9.8 mil/3.2), black-ish (7.8 mil/2.5) all dipped, and Nashville (5.7 mil/1.4) was flat. (That said, Goldbergs had its second-largest audience ever, while Middle and Nashville drew season-high audiences.)

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.8 mil/1.5) rose 15 percent in the demo, while Red Band Society (2.8 mil/0.9) was flat.

THE CW | Arrow (2.6 mil/0.9) shed a few eyeballs and two tenths in the demo, while The 100 (1.8 mil/0.8) added some viewers while flat in the demo.

1. Carm says:

I did watch the cross over event last night. Usually would have watched Modern Family and Blackish

2. aunni says:

last yr arrow was solid from 1-9, this year its not so good. arrow EP’s r may b too confidant, thats why they r experimenting with least favourite characters. on the other hand, struglings shows ( rating wise) like reign, the 100 r pulling all the right cards.

• Connie says:

How are lower rated shows pulling the right cards if their decisions aren’t dramatically increasing their ratings? Where’s the logic if you’re blaming Arrow’s focus on “least favorite” characters for their one tenth demo drop which isn’t much at all compared to other shows that are doing the “right” things that aren’t actually helping them much in the ratings? I’m sorry I’m confused by that. I enjoyed the episode of Arrow and so excited about those pics of Laurel as Black Canary. It’s happening!

• aunni says:

im talking abt overall writing, storyline u idiot. the 100 has 10 times better storyline n more viewers than tacky “the originals” bt it is in danger of cancelation. for networks its only demo matters.

• The only idiocy in this conversation is yours. People who react in a hostile manner, like you did, oft do so because they have nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

• aunni says:

why did she assumed i was talking abt laurel? i could hv talking abt roy, for whom i did not hv a solid f/d convo…? or the o/f/d bonding. i dont care abt certaing character to.comment something negetive. her fans do like to use victim card. and yes TO is a tacky show

• Fran says:

Your posts are very difficult to read. The strange shorthand is a mess. And I don’t know what The Originals has to do with anything.

• eye says:

My other post didn’t show up so I’m trying again. You said characters, which is plural, so it isn’t unfair for someone to conclude that Laurel might be one of those characters that you were referencing, since she was heavily featured and since a lot of people dislike her.

• Moment says:

With all due respect, Arrow is doing fine. The show sits comfortably behind The Flash as the 2nd highest rated show on the network.

• Patrick says:

Yeah, but its an expensive show with a huge cast (which will ultimately doom 100 and Reign). Resigning this huge case will get expensive. I foresee some cast cuts this year. Probably Det. Lance, and some others. Middling shows (ratings wise) can’t support huge casts. It drives up production values. That’s why SPN is still airing. Its small cast allows them to keep costs relatively low.

And IDK how much they will get from Syndication. SPN performs well for TNT. Smallville, not so much. Arrow is one of those shows I love to watch, but that I won’t re-watch. The pilot, yes. After that? Probably not, once I have seen it. I know it’ll be back next year. And the one after that. This’ll probably end after 5 years. The last show will be him getting picked up off the island.

• Moment says:

Personally I think things will continue as they are, Warner Bros will happily fund a successful show regardless. As long as it continues to be renewed the budget will likely gradually increase with each season until it’s no longer cost productive to have on the air.

• Brigid says:

Well the episode of Arrow that didn’t include fan favorite Felicity was a higher rated episode so there really isn’t any logic in what you said. Me personally like all the characters and I think this years storyline is much better than last years mirakuru. Ratings fall and rise weekly, that is just the way it works.

• aunni says:

oh, i was waiting for u to troll, brigid. u mean episode 4 with 2.5 mil viewers n 1.0 demo? well, felicity centric episode has the best demo so far this season, ehich is the thing the network only care abt

• lizzie says:

Felicity’s episode was the second highest rates of the season and had the HIGHEST demographic rating of 1.1.

3. JD says:

Tvline’ new deceptive advertising, where ads look just like a blog post, is about as unethical it gets in advertising.

4. Tran says:

The jury’s still out on Red Band Society.

5. Tori Coop says:

I can’t wait to see Warren Leight brag about this :/ SVU better enjoy these numbers this week because they’ll never see them again. Even with The Voice in front of them SVU still barely pulled ahead of Criminal Minds (which was fantastic last night).

• Angela says:

I liked last night’s “Criminal Minds” episode, too. Very creepy and tense.

• Jim says:

Let me guess//meloni fan/leight hater? LOL

• Tori Coop says:

Actually, no. I’m just sick of them acting like they deserve high ratings. He think 5.6 million people is the best night in TV so them doubling that will have his ego through the roof. If he and the cast and crew weren’t so childish and would stop making rape jokes on Twitter they may gain some respect back from current and former long time viewers.

6. Coal says:

I guess its hi-5’s all round at NBC.

7. A says:

Wasn’t Arrow down two-tenths in the demo? It adjusted up last week to a 1.1

8. JD says:

Tvline has moved to an unethical form of advertising by making the ads look like content posts. This is about as sleezy as it gets with advertising and ethics.

Should this message be deleted like my last one on this subject, I’ll simply contact the FCC and the BBB.

I expected better form the folk et tvline.

9. Lexi says:

Keep gloting SVU. Criminal Minds was still the most watched show last night.

10. sarah j says:

I watched the crossover, do not usually watch SVU just like I am sure others do not usually watch Chicago PD. So I am sure next week the numbers for Modern and Stalker will be a little better.

11. Gerald says:

LOVE Red Band Society. I hope these numbers are good enough. More people should watch.
    Arrow was not the best episode ever, but it is still my favorite Wednesday night show.

12. Whatevah says:

I hate crossovers. They are desperate attempts to save shows whose ratings are tanking.

13. Okay… it was good that Criminal Minds went up. I just loathed the ending… and the beginning…

It was a pretty sad attempt to appease some fans at the first crime scene. Then it went down hill from there. I’m actually surprised it got into the 10 million mark. Hope next week is better.

14. ChicagoDan says:

Stalker has completely underperformed in that slot. CSI was far stronger and withheld AHS/DD and beat CPD most times last season. Stalker is a one-note show, that on paper should be perfect with CM, but honestly CM has done stalker stories in a much better way.

15. Hopeful says:

Blackish was absolutely hilarious last night!

16. Letti says:

Happy for The 100, it is unbelievably good, it deserves a season 3 at least.

17. worthymagic says:

Let’s hope they give everybody on SVU a big raise this summer, especially Kelli Giddish and Danny Pino(who have worked the last 4 seasons for very low salaries) and keep the show going. Considering that they’ve cut the SVU payroll practically every season since Chris Meloni left, this would be a major shock. ABC may be owned by Disney(or so I’m told) but the real Mickey Mouse network is NBC(the Nothing But Cash matters network).