Gilmore Girls Reunion Scoop: ATX Fest Reteams Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and Amy Sherman-Palladino

Gilmore Girls Reunion

Where you lead, I will follow… all the way to Austin, Texas in June 2015.

Organizers of the ATX Television Festival announced on Thursday that a Gilmore Girls reunion panel featuring stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, as well as series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, is set for the annual TV jamboree.

A specific date for the Gilmore event is TBA, but it will fall somewhere within the festival dates of June 4-7.

Additionally, ATX Fest honchos confirmed that one of its Writers’ Room Reunion panels will be Dawson’s Creek-themed, and will bring together series creator Kevin Williamson, showrunner Greg Berlanti and producer-writers Jenny Bicks, Julie Plec, Rob Thomas, Liz Tigelaar, Paul Stupin, Rina Mimoun, Maggie Friedman, Anna Fricke, Dana Baratta and Gina Fattore. The date is also TBA.

For ticket/badge information, head over to ATX’s official website.

So, show of hands: Who, besides me, will be traveling to Bat City in seven months’ time?

1. Laura says:

Ugh. This headline got my hopes up way too high.

2. Annie says:

Santa, ALL I want for Christmas is for this panel to be where they announce the movie. I’ll even wait patiently. I promise. Pleeeeaaase?

• Patrick says:

The purpose of this panel is to chum the waters to drum up enough interest to fund the movie. The clock is ticking on this bad boy, but the parts/stars are aligning.

• H says:

omg I wish. Although I might be setting myself up for disappointment since the only way I’ll be content is if Rory reunites with Jess.

• I always said she should be with Jess. Maybe a double wedding Reunion.

• Patrick says:

It won’t be Jess. Maybe Dean. Given that Jess’s portrayer, and Alexis, dated and broke up, he’ll be lucky to get a cameo.
          Jared Padalecki is a big star for another WB property. And, there would be a certain parallel between the Mom and her blue collar beau, and Rory and her blue collar beau.
          I can’t imagine AB signing on if there are a lot of Rory-Jess moments. And don’t expect resolution from this film. I have to imagine they envision this as a SATC type thing, where they could do a series of movies. None of the main 3 involved here (Lauren, Alexis, ASP) have anything else in the works. The most successful of their other projects has been Parenthood, and that didn’t set the world on fire. This movie, or a series, would be their last, best, chance at a big pay day. The “retirement” fund so to speak. So it won’t tie things up completely.

• Cartman says:

It’ll be Jess given that Amy stated more than once that she would have loved to see more of Jess(her favorite character) and given that years ago she released comments that made people understand that he was Jess who was supposed to end up with Rory and that was three or four years after Alexis Bledel and Milo broke up.

• rossynoodle says:

YES, LOVE RORY AND JESS!!!

• jalahyacinth says:

They’ll announce a Kickstarter. They kind of have to, right? Right?

3. Sarah says:

As if interviews are anything new ? Friggin clickbait.

• Jamie T says:

While you are right it’s the first time the three of them are sitting down together and Lauren was actually being positive about the possibility of a movie last year.

• Annie says:

Successful clickbait. Since you – clearly – clicked. (Not trying to be snarky here – I truly don’t understand the antipathy towards articles on the web being designed to grab people’s attention. Do you get angry that commercials make you want to go buy beer and tampons, too?)

• canadian ninja says:

I imagine people are upset by the intentional deception. And I do wonder if Aus and the Gang (premieres at 9pm, right after Tru Calling) consider it cheeky or a fine line to walk.

No biggie either way.

4. Kathy says:

I can’t frakkin’ wait!

5. Kelly Deeny says:

Gilmore Girls and Dawson’s Creek reunions?! I…can’t…contain…excitement! *excuse me while I fangirl for a while*

6. Ashley says:

I love the gilmore girls i am there number 1 fan i love lorelai rory and luke as a family forever

7. Paula says:

Best news of the week, I hope is broadcast live!

8. Terri says:

I totally love The Gilmore Girls, I was totally hurt when it went off the air.

9. Kate says:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! most exciting news ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Maria says:

I thought this was leading into a tv show reunion!!! Got very excited then realized no 😢. Went to check out festival site but it appears to be broken!!

11. Josh says:

Meanest headline ever :(

12. Tara says:

I guess I understand the date needs to be during this festival but a true Gilmore Girls reunion would have to occur on June 3rd instead of the 4th-7th. “Don’t plan anything for June 3rd”…because you’ll want to watch the Gilmore Girls reunion. Hoping for a movie announcement, the end of the show was forced and very non-Gilmore-esque.

13. Susan says:

I got very excited, thinking that you were announcing a Gilmore Girls reunion movie. :(

14. Liz says:

YES! Can’t wait to see them all together again!
    Now when will we have a movie? We must correct that last awful season! I need to see Luke & Lorelai together!

15. pamela says:

reunion movies are great except if they ruin anything the series finale did right.

16. Cindy Ann says:

Got my hopes up way to high…I really thought they were gonna make a new Gilmore Girls. ….really want to see Luke married to a famous Gilmore….to see what comes of Rory….come on make some more seasons

17. Laura says:

So close, yes sooo far away from my dream come true moment! What a cruel joke😭

18. Cookie Lowe says:

Absolutely loved this show. Watched with my youngest daughter when she was in Middle School & High School. Hated to see it end. Good memories!!! Reunion will be great! We didn’t miss an episode & I need to go buy the DVD Collection (Amazon,com).

19. Diane says:

I got my hopes up too that there would be a reunion movie. I loved that show.

20. Lola says:

This is amazing, onde of my favourite shows of all time! (Though it would be even more amazing to have a reunion movie). Maybe they’ll announce it on the festival? Would love to see how their lives carried on, how is Lorelai’s relationship with her parents and Rory’s career path, hopefully reuniting with Jess. (Prob not going to happen considering Alexis and milo past, but a girl can only dream)

21. Fernanda says:

First question for Kevin Williamson: “Why did you left Dawson’s Creek and let Paul Stupin, Danna Baratta and Gina Fattore change the Dawson character into a really boring and completely different person?” When Kevin left Dawson never be the same. His dialogues were so boring. Blame it to the actor perhaps?

22. Trudy says:

So, excited about this reunion! Miss this show on TV. I did buy some of the DVDs though. Shows like this are no longer around. Nothing but sex and violence now days. Sad.

23. Dani says:

Am I the only one that hopes she ends up back with Logan….I see a lot of people voting for Jess…

• Jen says:

Not the only one!

• Sharna Woods says:

I love her and Logan, everyone’s routing for her and Jess but I am a Logan fan and really hope they get back together :)

• TG says:

Me too! I was crushed when Rory turned down Logan. They understood each other’s worlds and they made each other better. They would be in their early thirties now, timeline wise. That would be perfect considering Lorelai, Luke, and Christopher all felt like Rory was too young to get married before. They couldn’t complain about that now. I love Jess too, but Rory clearly loved Logan and she told Jess that in his bookstore. But I would just love to see what happens either way and get some closure. I would love to actually see Luke and Lorelai married.

• Dani says:

So glad I wasn’t the only one :) I was so upset when she turned Logan down. ..especially after he was there for her when her grandpa had the heart attack…he may have made some mistakes but he truly did love her

• Tina says:

I love Rory and Logan I watch the seasons just waiting for their relationship I am absolutely routing for them to get back together and besides Lorelei and Luke belong together no questions asked. It’s a little weird if Rory and Jess end up together seeing as Luke and Jess are related that’s a pretty genetically related family if those two couples end up together. Logan may be a rich kid and an ass at times but he really shows he loves Rory and doesn’t run away and give up when things get hard and he is in no way related to anyone in that family. Rory and Logan 💗

24. Alexis York says:

Are they going to start up episodes again??! They really need too!!

25. keryn says:

Yay! I live in Austin and didn’t know about this panel. So excited!!!

26. Leonie1988 says:

I live in Germany, otherwise I would come. Maybe I can win in the lottery until then and still make it. Lauren Graham is a goddess and I would love to meet/see her one day. She is so cool.

27. Marianna says:

It’s about time! Happy happy! Still watch reruns.

28. Blueidiot says:

Is Jared Padalecki gonna be there?

29. I got all excited for a minute when I read the headline. How great it would be if Gilmore Girls reunited to bring the series back. I wonder

30. Darlene says:

Thank goodness for Gilmore girls dvd series set – I will be watching anything Gilmore girls related, Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel related projects-Amy Palliadino projects…!
    Thank you for a show that no others can compare!

31. Mary steffen says:

Hey ur awesome drama-comedy series were amazing done very well wish there were more at least another season where things concluded better especially for Luke and Lorelei and Rory. You had a hit and still do some of still watch it on Netflix bringing it back would create another hit for u. You r very talented stay that way we love u.

32. Darlene says:

Since Gilmore Girls went off the air I purchased all 7 seasons on dvd-
    I continue to watch regularly , however the 2nd half of the 7th season
    Fails to entertain, no fault of the actors-
    The writing was dismal at best-
    Those of us who were and continue to be loyal fans of the show
    Deserve a better farewell !

33. Teresa Henrikson says:

Looking forward to seeing where Rory is in her career. Where is Logan? Luke??? Ever marry Lorelai? Children? Lane?
    Now that Parenthood has ended Lauren can take on this project !! Yay!!!

34. Melissa says:

So exciting!

35. nikita says:

I love the gilmore girls wish they would come back

36. Katie says:

Yesss!!! That would we cool if they made a movie!! I’ll be in Texas at the end of June sadly , but that’s great that they are reuniting !!!

• nikita says:

I love the gilmore girls wish they would make a movie better yet bring back the show I want to watch or information on the reunion

• nikita says:

Bring back the tv show I love the gilmore girls I watch reruns over and over

37. I have been waiting for this to happen for years. I am now going on 72 years old & have been hoping and praying for this while I am still on this side of the lawn. I live in Fremont, Ca. and just want to know where on what channel I can finally see what i have been waiting for. I will miss Mr. Gilmore greatly. Thank You for answering my prayers. Connie

38. Darlene says:

Gilmore Girls continue to be my all Time favorite series-Although I have all 7 seasons
    I also watch reruns on the family channel network-
    I am a resident of Colorado Springs, CO
    How can I view the reunion of this show like no other?
    To all involved from Cast (superb)
    Creator (Amy, may I spend an afternoon inside your head? Genius!)
    Directors and writers(Sadly, Season 7 …..????) Kudos!
    I love Stars Hollow and miss it’s residents!

39. Nana Susie says:

We all mourn the loss of Edward Hermann and should there be a Gilmore Girls reunion show or movie his death would have to be conveyed by the death Richard Gilmore.
    Luke and Lorelai need to marry. With the death of Grandpa, Rory should move in with Grandma. The Gilmore House should become a Kennedy Compound type home. A place where family and friends want to gather. Emily is effected very much by Richards death and now greets all with open arms and has no hided agenda. The friday dinner should grow throughout the show to a joyful gathering of many.