Ratings: Chicago Fire Heats Up, POI and S.H.I.E.L.D. Slip to Lows, Supe' Rises

Agents of SHIELD Glyphs Reveal

Chicago Fire’s igniting of NBC’s two-night, three-show crossover event drew 9.1 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating (per finals) on Tuesday night, marking a best-since-premiere audience and a 29 percent demo gain.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Night 2 of The Voice‘s playoffs did 11.4 mil and a 3.0, up a tenth week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (17.5 mil/2.3) and NCIS: New Orleans (15 mil/2.0) each dropped three tenths in the demo, with the latter hitting a series low, while Person of Interest (9.1 mil/1.3) fell 23 percent in the demo, to its own all-time low.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4.9 mil/1.8) was steady, but New Girl (3 mil/1.3) dropped three tenths and Mindy Project (2.5 mil/1.1) was down two.

ABC | Selfie (3.3 mil/0.9) dipped 10 percent in audience but held steady in the demo. Leading out of a Modern Family rerun (2.9 mil/0.9), Agents of SHIELD (4.3 mil/1.5) slipped two tenths to a series low. Forever capped ABC’s night with 4.2 mil/1.0, down 16 percent and a tenth (to a demo low).

THE CW | The Flash was steady with 3.5 mil and a 1.4, while Supernatural‘s 200th episode (2.2 mil/0.9) — which TVLine readers gave a grade of a high “A” — delivered a best-since-premiere audience and added a tenth in the demo.

1. sarah j says:

YEAH Chicago PD. I usually watch it live but I Recorded it so I can watch it tonight and then SVU and then Chicago PD.
    Person of Interest was pretty good, but I was not that shocked by the ending.

2. DL says:

C’mon ABC, it’s time to give SHIELD a worthy lead-in. The series has just gotten better and better. I hope at least that the Marvel connection is enough to get it renewed, considering that it’s probably an expensive show to produce.

• Christina says:

Totally agree.

• If Marvel really wants to boost the ratings, then one of two things needs to happen. Either one of the huge Marvel heroes (Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, or one of the Guardians of the Galaxy) needs to actually appear on the show, or Coulson needs to come back to the movies with a character or two from the TV show in tow (I would think Sky and Ward would be the two primary choices).

3. Coal says:

Person of Interest is the best thing on network tv at the moment and doesn’t deserve that demo rating. Ah well at least its on CBS and they are loyal to their shows.

• Nicole says:

Agree! They are constantly changing it up to keep it interesting! Love this show!

• Ellinas1978 says:

Well it is going up against SoA so people have probably DVR’d it.

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree, POI is the best show on Network TV, one of the best serialized shows on TV i’ve ever watched…its smart, got good actors, great plots and story lines, great character development…it actually has things happen (COUGH NCIS COUGH) that change the show….it seems to be really really well thought out by the writers instead of the general idea for a season thrown together in 2 weeks then each episode being hurriedly written each week.

4. jc says:

POI is the best show and crime drama on tv.

5. N says:

Forever was wonderful!

• Abby says:

LOVE that show!

• onlimain says:

It really was. Henry was “out-Sherlocked” and caught with his pants down (my family was cringe-laughing throughout that scene), the detectives got to show off their detective skills, and Abe & Maureen were hot and sweet. I’m looking forward to next week.

6. HeatherC says:

Chicago Fire was awesome last night so I’m happy to see it got strong ratings! I’m looking forward to the rest of the crossover event tonight with SVU and CPD! =) (And I swear I posted this comment before but it disappeared somehow. Weird!)

7. Calista says:

Bummed that the ratings for Forever slipped. I had hoped that the news of a full season order would have helped boost ratings. It may not be reinventing the wheel, but I think it is a entertaining show and I adore Ioan Gruffudd.

8. dan the critic says:

Get Marvel a good lead in or move it to 8

9. Dj says:

I’m a huge fan of AoS it’s a very fun show to watch. I do wish it would get better numbers.

10. Moment says:

I really wish I could explain Person of Interests ratings. It’s so sad to see. I think it could get a final season because it has a syndication deal and WB could lower the fee they charge CBS.

11. BrittBrat says:

I’m glad Chicago Fire did well last night!! I’m sad that AOS, Forever, and POI hit lows. They all are very good shows.

12. murley says:

Ugh I hate seeing these low numbers for Agents of Sheild. How about starting to recap it?

13. Jess says:

So do I watch SVU first then PD?

14. Coal says:

Judging by the ratings of the likes of Agents of SHIELD and Persons of interest contrasting them against Scandal and How to get away with murder, does it mean the appeal of crime dramas is dwindling while late night soaps are becoming more popular ?

15. Abby says:

I’m beyond happy that Forever got a full season order, but it still needs to be moved! And I read somewhere that Selfie got axed. Clearly, that wasn’t true.

16. HAP says:

Timeslots are so important to ratings. Had Selfie and Black-ish reversed their slots, guess which show would be canceled right now.