TVLine Items: New Anarchy Afterword Host, Roseanne Visits Cristela & More

Anarchy Afterward Kurt Sutter

Kurt Sutter is taking the reins of Anarchy Afterword.

The Sons of Anarchy creator will moderate tonight’s roundtable discussion, following the newest episode of his FX series, which airs at 10/9c.

Sutter will be joined by Sons stars Charlie Hunnam and Tommy Flanagan on the panel, with special appearances by Kim Coates and Walton Goggins.

The program’s current host, Chris Franjola, will not be returning; according to a source, the comic stepped down due to his busy standup schedule.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) will guest-star on ABC’s Cristela as Trent’s (played by Sam McMurray) estranged wife, EW.com reports.

* A&E Network has ordered the unscripted reality series Donnie Loves Jenny, following newlyweds Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy.

* MTV2 has renewed Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘N Out for Season 7 and Guy Code, both of which will air in 2015.

* HBO’s The Newsroom on Sunday night opened Season 3 with 1.2 million total viewers, down sharply from its Season 2 opener (which did not air during the more competitive fall, and certainly not against The Walking Dead). The Comeback led out of that with just 300K, compared to the 920K who tuned in for its Season 1 finale in Sept. 2005.

1. Kim says:

I’m so glad Kurt will be taking over, I couldn’t stand Chris Franjola.

2. Big Mike says:

“This is live tv folks!”
    – Chris Franjola

3. Connie says:

So glad he’s not coming back to Anarchy Afterword!! Worst Host Ever!!!

4. Brent says:

So A&E would rather follow around Jenny McCarthy with a camera than do another season of Longmire? Sad.

• IMHO says:

“Donnie Loves Jenny” instead of Longmire.
      What is going on at A&E !? Seriously.
      Happy to hear that FX is making some changes to the SOA Afterword show. What a train wreck ! Chris Hardwick makes it look easy.

• sarah j says:

LOL!
      So true! I will not be watching! I like Donnie but I am just fine watching him in Blue Bloods and ONLY Blue Bloods!

5. Moms a TVFan77 says:

THANK GOODNESS! I stopped watching; Chris was not a good host.
    GO KURT!

6. That guy was a TERRIBLE host. I felt bad for him but it was completely unwatchable. I tried watching but couldn’t make it more than a few seconds. It makes me appreciate Chris Hardwicke’s hosting. He does a great job on Talking Dead.

7. MrMank says:

Busy schedule…OR he sucks!!!

8. kmayne says:

A&E this is suppose to be Arts and Entertainment? Pretty sad

9. Julia LeGath says:

Will Sutter man up on #AnarchyAfterward and explain why this entire season has been dragged down because not a single character (on either side of the law) has acknowledged that Tara was obviously not killed in any manner consistent with gang violence but was killed in an emotionally spontaneous manner with her own kitchen utensils!!

10. thatsnotgoood says:

I’m glad last week’s episode is the only one I saw. That was embarrassing. How did he make it that far to begin with?

11. thomas millis says:

I just love to say its been great watching all the cast and crew im going to miss all my anarchy family iv never missed a episode i watch same night. P.s. who carved the table id die to have one love ever one your biggest fan thomas millis from mendenhall,mississippi

12. ryanne says:

Andy Cohen is suuuuch a great host… Not sure if SOA is his cup of tea but he would be way more interesting to watch!!

13. Sharon says:

So glad that Franjola won’t be back. He was a train wreck & I’m glad the plug was pulled on him quickly so “Afterword” can go out in a satisfying way.

14. JD says:

Chris is clever and funny. Hosting that show just wasn’t his thing.

15. Sean says:

Kurt is there any plans in the future for a show that tells what becomes of Able as he gets older

16. Heather Tower says:

I’ve been telling all my friends for the last two weeks it was going to be Able to spI’ll the blood of Gemna. But what I really want to know is is how Tig is going to ride Venus Bitch on the back of his scooter with the club already having all the issues at hand and now having to deal with this??

17. S says:

I watched (parts) of a few episodes…saw Sutter was hosting tonights and I got curious…the show tonight seems to be playing out (I.e. laidback, familiar, casual) the way they originally wanted it to with Franjola (didnt know his name before lol)… he was really, really bad…tried to play it out like he was a big fan but didnt even know character names….his corny jokes fell flat..the episode with sutter and kathy segal it seemed like kathy was lauvhing AT him…truly cringeworthy

18. anon says:

Chris Franjola stepped down because it was UNBEARABLE watching him squirm attempting to host a TV show, something CLEARLY way out of his league. I love after-shows but I NEVER could stand more than 5 minutes of his (unless a drunk “Bobby’ was there to steal the spotlight), and even melding the bloody thing with the TV show so my DVR recorded both couldn’t make me watch it..

19. Ron says:

The host was always Interrupting the guests and trying to make himself the Main Character. Glad Mr. Sutter is taking over.

20. MD says:

Mouth full of teeth. He was the worst

21. Angela says:

Interesting how the old host just got busy. last week there were so many complaints about him on blogs. He is gone another great Sutter move!

22. Billy says:

To the whole crew of “sons”. As a fan I have watched from the start and while the first season Charlie seemed a little uncomfortable and the chemistry of the crew was not like it is now. After this time has passed Charlie has put out some amazing work and the chemistry and performances of this crew has far surpassed any television entertainment I have ever seen. They don’t even have an award named to measure the level of talent and work these people have given us.

23. Glad that guy’s off the show. He was annoying as hell.

24. bb says:

This show has been very predictable so far,shame to end show like this