Exclusive

Supernatural Video: Inside the Official, Bromantic 200th Episode Celebration

Loading video...

Who’s ready for some Winchester hugs?

You can really feel the love at Supernatural‘s 200th episode party in this exclusive video, which goes inside the bash held at Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, Canada, on Oct. 18.

For starters, star Jensen Ackles gives thanks for the viewers that have kept the show on the air for 10 seasons. “There’s a marriage that’s happened between the show and its fans,” he explains on the red carpet. “Somehow, we inspired them, and now they’re inspiring us to continue doing what we do.”

On stage inside the celebration, the actor gives props to the cast and crew before turning to his co-star Jared Padalecki with a simple, yet heartfelt, “Thank you, brother. Thank you.”

It’s that bond, off- and on-screen, that has carried the show for a decade to some strange places (“The French Mistake,” anyone?).

“I think as long as we’re staying true to these brothers [and] their relationship, as crazy as it gets, as long as it’s grounded in that, we can pretty much go anywhere,” showrunner Jeremy Carver says.

Press PLAY to watch the behind-the-scenes video, then hit the comments with your congrats to the show for hitting the big 2-0-0. And yes, that Chevy Impala cake — designed by the hotel’s Pastry Chef John (JJ) Hauser — had working headlights!

1. Ursula says:

LOL, bromantic is not the best choice of words unless you want to dog-whistle all of the Wincesters who think J2 are married IRL over…

2. foundmyzen says:

As a fan from the beginning, it is a pleasure to have watched these boys grow. To Kripke, the writers and crew, amazing job and thank you! Misha and Mark, we love you! Jared and Jensen, you two will always be “our boys” and we’ll always have your back. Please never stop!

• Chris says:

Thank you for including Misha and Mark in your thanks – those two have added so much to the show. Can’t imagine it without them!

3. Eric says:

I remember picking up the season one box set at Target as a 12 year-old kid, a few months after it was released. At the time, I had never seen the series, and it was simply a case of “whoa Mom, this is a great sale and it looks scary but I can handle it!” Over the years though, it has evolved into a show that I absolutely love, that I was able to sit down and watch with my sister as we both delighted in the chills it gave us without sacrificing gripping stories or wonderful characters. A decade later and now a sophomore at university. I’ve grown up with this show. And I’m so glad I have. Thanks Kripke, the boys, everyone who has been involved in the series, in any way. For real.

4. Carrie says:

Lovely. Love these guys and the show.

5. Tawrens says:

I just wish everytime they claim to ‘honor’ the fans they wouldn’t make the fans look idiotic. As for 10 years well 7 seasons were good then Carver took over and blew it to hell making the show the soap opera mess it currently is. Demon Dean was hyped over the hiatus and then it’s resolved in 3 eps? Not that he was demonic in any way. All he did was sing, drink and whore basically. Dean to the max but still Dean. I’m not all that thrilled with the way they keep saying the fans adore Charlie either. The only ep she seemed interesting at all in was 8x2q0 Pac Man because she seemed human otherwise she was perfect Charlie whose better then everyone else and highly annoying.

• Drew says:

I love the show, but it does have some of the most annoying fans I’ve ever seen on the internet. “Idiotic” would be the nice way of putting it. Not all of the fans, but certainly the most vocal of them.
      I also have to disagree about Carver. Season 7 was a horrible season. It was so bad that I almost stopped watching the show, and I still can’t go back and watch most of it. The Leviathan arc was the low point of the entire series. What Carver has done since taking over has been pretty solid. The season 8 arcs were very well done, and now we are in the middle of another multi-year arc, which is something that Sera Gamble didn’t seem willing to commit to.
      Of course Demon Dean was Dean. That was the point. I guess the arc may not be for everyone, but this season has been pretty solid so far. Cole is probably the best character they’ve added in five or six years.

• Chris says:

I do really like what Carver has done since taking over from Sera (because her showrunning fell pretty flat). I’m just not interested in Cole, though – way too stereotypical “bad guy” without much depth, though that could be due to the actor and not the writing.

• Drew says:

The thing that I like about Cole is that he isn’t a bad guy. He is a good person, doing what Dean would do in his situation. He just doesn’t have all of the facts about his father’s death, so he views Dean as a monster.

• Tawrens says:

The only flat was she tried to reboot the story where the guys turned to Bobby/Cas everytime they needed something, had a puzzle to solve where they used to do it themselves. Every time she tried to do it the fans screamed bloody murder. Hard to tell the story and yet not have the fans scream insults at her for every move she makes isn’t easy. Carver has more then once proven he could care less if the fans like what he does. When asked by multiple fans why Sam didn’t search for Dean he didn’t even bother to answer until he’d finally got fed up being asked and then he answered. “He just didn’t.” Carver petulantly responded like a spoiled 6 year old. 1 week he says canon and the next week he says the exact opposite is canon. You think Charlie saying heel with she kills the wicked witch top shelf story telling? I never groaned once at dialogue once during seasons 1-7 yet 8-9 I gave Carver I groaned repeatedly because the dialogue was leaving a bad taste. The only reason I even watched season 10 because of what happened at the end of 9×23. I was going to watch until 9×9 mid season finale because it looked like maybe it might be picking up and the only good part was the last 10 minutes. The last ten minutes is the only thing that has mean checking the ep on Jan 20th. It’s very likely going to be the last ep I watch. I love the actors, I love the characters but the crime of what carver has done should get him the death penalty if not life inprisoned.

• Tawrens says:

Solid? No it’s Days of our lives. If I wanted to watch a soap opera I would. I watch Supernatural because I want to watch fantasy/horror. Season 7 was ok but season 8 had 1 ep I’d rewatch. Season 9 had 3 eps I’d rewatch and so far season 10 1 ep I might but only cause it’s a Jody ep. Where I used to watch anywhere from 6-11 eps at least now I barely watch any after the 1st time. Season 9 had an ep which I found so cringe worthy I changed channels for a couple of minutes before coming back. Demon Dean and Dean are 2 separate people otherwise if all demons ever did was drink, sing and have sex they wouldn’t be even slightly scary or useful as villain.

• Dakota60 says:

Ah the obligatory wet blanket….way to celebrate the accomplishment of Supernatural going 200 episodes and counting. Someone must be doing something right.

6. RGNYC says:

Wonderful! Thank you to everyone involved with #Supernatural for this fantastic show. Cheers!

7. Thank you cast and crew, Jensen, Jared and all the others actors and actresses, writers and CW for 10 years Supernatural.

8. so many emotions on the screen make me really feel into the show congratulations, great job

9. Badcompany says:

Love the brothers. Love the little show that could. What an achievement, and long may they reign!

10. Snow says:

Love this show! It’s one I can rewatch over and over and still can’t wait for the next episode to be shown. Thank you – all of you – eric, jared, jensen, robert, mark, misha and everyone else involved. I have really enjoyed watching the boys grow up! (and fight scary monsters!)

11. Joey says:

Agree with Mark Sheppard because I think we all know by now that more Mark Sheppard in pretty much anything is never a bad thing.

12. Rick says:

A big thank you to Jared, Jensen, Misha, and Mark for making the show so wonderful – I can’t picture it without those four. I’ve watched since the beginning and I’ll watch until the end, but J2M2 have really made it for me.

13. Goose says:

Agreed with Misha – bring on episode 300! As long as Jared, Jensen, and Misha are still around in 5 years, I’m in. :D

14. Kady says:

Thanks to Jensen, Jared, Misha and now Mark, and all the great actors who’ve been on the show over the past decade. :-D

15. Shane says:

I love the actors and the show. I hated season 9 with a passion, but I still enjoy interacting with fans and enjoy going to conventions to see the actors.

16. Congratulations to the cast and crew of Supernatural.

17. Sandy says:

Was late finding this show but better late than never! Am really happy for the cast and crew that they’ve made it to this milestone – more, more more!

18. Susan Brosch says:

Your show makes any fan who has ever felt the need to be saved, that we ARE being saved. From pain, grief, abuse, illness, etc. Supernatural heals!! And that is really strange!

• Pam says:

Supernatural does, in fact, heal. I couldn’t have put it better myself. I always identified with being saved by the Winchesters. This is something for the psychologists to figure out…..please

19. Michelle Sewell says:

Just had to share how much I’m a very big fan of supernatural (I’m a Dean girl ) but I wanted to say congratulations on 200 episodes and I can go for 200 more they are the best show on TV and the best actors they deserve the best of everything . Love you Jensen love ya Jared keep up the good work

20. Abby says:

I hate to admit that the comments interested me more than the video. I don’t watch Supernatural but I was curious, so that’s why – but I was mostly just surprised to discover there’s a shipdom within this fanbase called the Wincesters. Why even pretend it could be a thing when so many incestuous relationships involve one person being forced into it? Makes me nuts that there’s a large group of fans making light of it. I never liked slashfics, either, because incest is generally so much more serious than fans who take it lightly seem to care to understand.

• ninamags says:

Most people are aware that Sam and Dean Winchester do NOT really exist. They are characters on a television show. There have been these kinds of stories for many years in many fandoms.

Given how the show has portrayed these brothers in how they grew up, traveled together, protected each other, and it was just them two, even when John was still around, can”t really blame fans for taking this extra step with them.

Don’t like, don’t pay attention to it.

• Rita says:

It’s just a fantasy about two very good looking men together with a closer than most brothers’ bond . They’re not related in life so I don’t see the harm. It’s fiction.

21. I’m actually sad not to see Edlund & Gamble. They both had been with SPN for many years.

• Pamela says:

I agree and despite the negative feedback commonly directed to Sera, I think she was an important contributor to the show. IMO, Sera’s and Ben’s stories were some of the best. As for her show running ability I think that no… one individual is responsible for the fate of a season. There must be collaboration with others.

22. Pamela says:

I’m so happy for Jared and Jensen. Through their talent and hard work they have positively impacted the lives of so many people and they deserve everything good coming to them.

23. Congratulations to the cast and crew of Supernatural specially Jared and Jensen ( Sam and Dean ) who make the 200th episode happen ! It’s a huge milestone and truly a legacy and all the hard workers on this show should be proud of it !

24. Ronni says:

Congrats on 200 episodes. Love Jared, Jensen, Misha, Mark, Richard (have to include him), and all the old and new cast members. Gotta admit season 4 will always be my favorite. So many great episodes all in that one year. I love the “monster a week” episodes. Keep up the good work everyone! Just caught up on the last few episodes so I can watch Fan Fiction tomorrow!

25. Congratulations, SUPERNATURAL! May your show (with the orig actors and crew) reach year 20. Love you all!…. To my fellow fans, thank you much for helping keep the show on TV. Let’s pray there’ll be a movie for SPN.

26. Cheryl says:

Thank you Jared and Jensen for Supernatural there would be no show without you both and thank you Jeremy Carver who worked hard to bring this show and the boys back to their true selves of the early seasons and beyond to new heights. After kripke drove the show into a ditch ub Season 4 and 5 by white washing the fact that Castiel was Deans Ruby and by putting a knife in Sam’s back by scape goating him for everything to give Castiel a pass for everything Thank you Carver for righting a lot of wrongs and who has with great thought and care put the focus back on its heart, the brother’s relationship and has done so with the mentality of appreciation and love which was much needed.

27. Chloe says:

I don’t know why, but the play button isn’t showing up for me. :-( Tried in both IE and Firefox.

28. Jennifer Mitchell says:

I came to SPN very late, and got hooked big-time. The character growth from S1 to S10 has been phenomenal, and JP and JA just keep getting better and better. This show continually reinvents itself, as do the actors. Hats off to the “family” that is the cast and crew, and THANK YOU!

29. Congrats, Supernatural! With, hopefully, many more years to come!

30. Pippa says:

Congrats on a great run for the show. that watching the character interact and evolve after ten years is still interesting is a tribute to the actors, writers and everyone else involved with the show. Incredible accomplishment when most things these days last ten minutes.

31. Janet says:

Hats off to a great team who have pulled off one GREAT series! Love y’all guys!

32. Susan Fish says:

Congratulations to all the cast and crew on 200 episodes. Love the show, love the brothers and Castiel, really miss some of the characters, will never get over Bobby’s death. You all are awesome! Thank you for show.

33. Lisa says:

Congratulations on 10 years/200 episodes!!! Its been a great ride! Been with you since year one! Mazeltov and Carry on…peace…

34. Vanessa says:

CONGRATS SUPERNATURAL! Been a loyal fan since the beginning! Writers and actors are awesome-keep it up! Can’t imagine my week without my Sam, Dean, and Cass fix! Love you guys!

35. jojo says:

if I was making the $ that Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki make every week for 9 months for the last 10 years I would be also saying thank you for keeping my show on air too. they both have to be making millions of dollars. they are sacrificing their time with family and friends for $. they must love to act or they love the $…

36. Astrkx says:

Wow…I only found Supernatural last summer and binged watched it, I’m still 100% convinced it’s the greatest thing I’ve ever found tv wise. It hasn’t been long but I feel like I’ve been a part of this for years, we truly are a family. Thank you cast and crew for everything, all your hard work, long days and nights away from your families. We appreciate you more than you know. I feel blessed to have been a part of Vancon this summer and hope to God I can be a part of Vancon 2015 as well. It was a dream come true to meet J2M, Jared you touched my heart the way you reacted when I told you that you were my hero, it was like no one had ever said that to you before. So sweet, I love you moose<3 And Jensen I'll get to you next year, even though you were like two feet away I didn't get to speak to you. Anyway, y'all are amazing and I'm here till the end. Again, thank you, my cape less heroes. :)

37. Anne Karoline says:

OMG love you love you Supernatural is’t my life

38. Vayu M says:

Whatever happened to the racial diversity in Supernatural? Loving it but….hate to think eternity is so white…..Ah well. Congrats.