TVLine Items: Peter Pan Promo Takes Flight, Saving Hope Renewed and More

“Greetings, boys!” Allison Williams (aka “the boy who never grew up”) bellows in the new promo for NBC’s upcoming event Peter Pan Live!

RELATED NBC to Stage A Few Good Men as Live Primetime Event

NBC has released a behind-the-scenes look at its latest musical endeavor, which finds the Girls star defying gravity for the first time. The video (above) also gives us a peek at what Christopher Walken is like during rehearsals (which, as it turns out, is exactly how you’d expect him to be).

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Canada’s CTV has renewed Saving Hope for Season 4, to begin production in Summer 2015. Stateside, ION Television is set to broadcast Season 3, though a network rep says the premiere date remains TBD.

* Richard Roundtree (HeroesBeing Mary Jane) will recur on NBC’s Chicago Fire as the father of Chief Boden (Eamonn Walker). He’ll visit Chicago to meet his new grandson, but will quickly realize he has quite a bit to work through with his own son.

* Comedy Central has released the first trailer for Broad City‘s second season, which may or may not find stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer tweezing themselves *down there* in a clothing store’s dressing room. The trailer was technically released on Friday, but hey, who remembers back that far?

Get More: Comedy Central,Funny Videos,Funny TV Shows

* HBO’s Last Week Tonight with John Oliver will return with new episodes on Feb. 8, 2015, having aired its freshman finale last night.

1. Tran says:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is one of my favorite new programs this year. He was so funny when he took over The Daily Show when Jon Stewart was on Summer vacation.

2. Drew says:

The casting of Peter Pan was horrible. The costume looks really bad. The decision to mess around with the idea of Mr. Darling and Hook being the same actor is just strange.
    Despite all of these things, I am going to try to enjoy this production. It’s a great play. I’ll just have to rewrite it in my head, so that I can accept the weaknesses… for example, it will now be a play about a 20-something female hipster bike messenger who can fly. That explains the casting and the costume right there!

3. B says:

My cable provider is starting ION next month; hopefully they’ll air the first two seasons of Saving Hope as well. I saw Season 1 when it aired here but need to catch up. More Daniel Gillies is always a good thing. — Also looking forward to Peter Pan!

4. Kate says:

Has Daniel Gilles character been written off of Saving Hope (that’s the show he was on right?) as he is pretty important on the Originals (unless this is a huge spoiler and he takes Esther’s plans)

• Maya says:

No, the CW/WB for the last two seasons has altered TO’s filming schedules to accommodate Daniel being on Saving Hope, so he can be on both shows. Also, he started SH way before The Originals even started, so unless they let him out of his contract, Daniel should be staying on SH.

5. webly3 says:

I’m so excited for Broad City!!! I cannot wait until January.

6. Ally Oop says:

I`m sorry but I can`t get past the idea of a female playing Peter Pan. I undersand that`s the theatrical tradition but Peter Pan to me is a very masculine character and my vision of Peter Pan will always be related to the Disney classic animated movie or the Robin William`s blockbuster Hook. I won`t be tuning in and I have a feeling many others won`t for the same reason.TV and theatre are two very different realms.

• A says:

Yea.. Peter Pan with boobs just doesnt work for me… on stage with the actors at a distance you can get away with it… but not on TV… it just ruins the storyline.

• James says:

I read that it has always been women who played the part of Peter Pan in musical theater productions. Plus, it’s always hard to find a teenaged boy to do the part considering, well, how a boy’s voice can change because of puberty from the rehearsal phase to the actual production.

• Reality says:

I guess Chris Colfer who looks and sings like a 13-year-old boy, but is actually 24, and has experience with musical productions was not available? It’s honestly not that hard to find someone for a part if they actually bothered looking. But who cares, like The Sound of Music Live, people will only be watching for the hot mess this production will likely be.

• rjsamson says:

It’s called imagination. Use it like you’re using it to imagine the “many others” who won’t be tuning in.

7. Maryann says:

So when do we get to season 2 of Saving Hope?

8. Heathers says:

I can’t believe they cast that chick from Girls, a filthy disgusting show led by a left wing moron, as a Peter Pan. I hope parents aren’t letting their kids watch that filthy actress.