Agent Carter Recruits Bridget Regan

Bridget Regan Marvel's Agent Carter

Marvel’s Agent Carter is renting out to Bridget Regan.

The actress — who currently recurs on Jane the Virgin — has joined the ABC drama as Peggy’s neighbor Dottie, Marvel.com announced on Thursday.

The character is described as a small-town girl from Iowa who’ll have a huge impact on the life of the titular heroine.

Set in 1946, Agent Carter finds Peggy balancing administrative work for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve) with secret missions for Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, reprising his Captain America role), all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, having lost the love of her life, Steve Rogers.

The eight-episode Agent Carter will debut Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 9/8c, occupying Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s time slot during the winter hiatus.

In addition to Jane, Regan’s TV credits include turns on White Collar and Beauty and the Beast, and Legend of the Seeker.

VIDEO: Hayley Atwell Previews Agent Carter’s ‘Intense’ 8-Episode Adventure

1. Moment says:

Bridget Regan is a good actress, her most notable role is arguably on Legend of Seeker where she had a main character role for 44 episodes as Kahlan Amnell.

2. Phil says:

The actress who should have been Wonder Woman…

Every time she walks into a scene on Jane the Virgin I’m struck by how gorgeous she is. Why is she not the lead of something awesome?

• Moment says:

She is, in Legend of the Seeker. I suggest checking that show out, it’s quite good.

• DL says:

She’s excellent, but the show is not. I was a huge fan of the book series, though, so I’m biased. Couldn’t watch more than half a season. The casting of Craig Horner made me want to cry. The character of Richard needed to be played by a Chris Hemsworth type. But yes, her as Kahlan was utter perfection.

• Moment says:

It’s a shame you didn’t watch more of the show, it does get better. I thought Craig Parker as Darken Rahl was excellent casting too. Anyways, the show was a showcase for Regans talent, it’s a shame it didn’t get a third season.

• gia says:

I thought the show was awesome. The books, though, I chucked. Across the room. I was super glad they made changes from the book series. Bridget is great though, and I’ve been waiting for her to get more great roles ever since. Can’t wait to see her in forties get-up.

• Dr. M says:

Disney/Marvel still needs a Captain Marvel.

3. Shaun says:

They’ve hired the trifecta of Sexy,Regan,Atwell,Fonseca

4. Having Bridget Regan back on television on a weekly basis is great! First Jane the Virgin and now Agent Carter. I’ve been a fan since Legend of the Seeker.

5. Dani says:

Bridget Regan will always be Kahlen from Legend of the Seeker for me. Glad to see her have more work.

6. Isobel says:

Agent Carter has excellent casting, I’m hoping for JJ Field to turn up

• Sbcortone says:

Me Too, especially since Carter told her husband was one of the men made free by Captain america in the first movie. I kind hope JJ Fiels might be the one ! ^__^

7. What’s up, I check your blog on a regular basis. Your writing style is witty,
    keep up the good work!