How to Get Away With Murder Recap: Who's Exhumin' Who?

KATIE FINDLAY

“Little Sam,” you’ve got some explaining to do!

Three weeks ago, you made the How to Get Away With Murder nation collectively yell “oh, Hell, no!” when Annalise Keating found a picture of you standing up and saluting on a dead girl’s phone. But as if that wasn’t bad enough, now it turns out that you may have possibly/probably impregnated said murder victim six weeks before she was found floating in a sorority-house water-tank? You’re kind of the worst, Sam Keating’s Kraken/dingus/disco-stick/Millstone meatsicle. (Thank you, Asher, for the colorful penis monikers. Never change. And always be inebriated from now on, OK?)

News that Lila Stangard was with child at the time of her death — or, as Annalise is probably viewing it, with a womb full of her cheating husband’s DNA — once again calls into question the common refrain of her eager young law students: “I want to be Annalise Keating!”

Do you? Srsly?

OK, she’s got a magma-hot hubby who delivers vodka martinis to her desk while she works. She possesses an impeccable wardrobe and Genghis Khan-level swagger that scatter her opponents like dryer lint in a windstorm. And there’s that total lack of pesky moral compass to derail her Perpetual Legal Victory Tour.

But like recently mopped blood splatters in her library, foyer and frameless glass shower, there are tiny traces of ugliness on almost every surface of Prof. Keating’s glamorous life. And they all start to glow like they’d been sprayed with luminol over the course of this week’s episode, the innnnterestingly titled “He Deserved to Die.”

Let’s recap the action:

THEY CALL THIS PUPPY LOVE? | Our flash-forward, flipping-cheerleader action focuses primarily on Rebecca — who begins the episode covered in blood splatter and being carried upstairs by Wes to Annalise’s bathroom, where he wipes away the gore and promises her “it’s gonna be fine.” Wes’ expression is borderline turned-on during the process, which is icky, seeing how his colleagues are downstairs with Sam’s corpse and in varying degrees of emotional collapse. And on the subject of icky, did I detect just a glimmer of a grin on Rebecca’s face during their post-cleanup kiss?

We then see Wes leaving Rebecca in the grungy hotel room where she’s instructed to stay and wait and not contact anybody ’til he and his “friends” have disposed of the body. (Naturally, she later dials 9-1-1, then hangs up, because nobody ever does as they’re instructed when left in a grungy hotel room and told to keep their heads down. It’s an unwritten law.) What’s most fascinating, though, is how in this moment of desperation, Rebecca tells Wes she wants to do something to help him out of the crisis. “He wanted to kill me. I had no other choice,” she says flatly. “I had to kill him or he was gonna kill me. I saw the trophy sitting there, I hit him in the head. He deserved to die and I’m glad he’s dead.” Hrmmm. We could accept Rebecca’s word as true testimony, but to me, her “confession” sounds more like a woman brainstorming a way to take the blame for a crime to save her lover — since she’s pretty certain she’s going to jail for Lila Stangard’s murder anyhow. Then again, for those keeping score at home, this now means she’s confessed to both Lila and Sam’s killings — which either makes her a chronic fibber, a homicidal maniac or someone who tells the truth about 50 percent of the time.

THE DEAD, PREGNANT SORORITY GIRL | The case of the week is actually the Lila Stangard murder — and I’m not mad about it. Annalise flies into a fit of rage when Rebecca doesn’t take her witness-prep work seriously, calling her a “slut white-trash killer” and a “piece of garbage” — America’s words, not Annalise’s (riiiight). But things turn serious when the media begins “slut shaming” Rebecca for bedding avowed virgin quarterback Griffin — on the world’s slowest news day, the story makes the front page of the New York Times…above the fold! — and Annalise asks for a gag order for herself, the prosecution and Griffin’s defense. It’s granted, because Annalise is a boss! But Griffin’s lawyer then asks for a second autopsy to look into some curious red marks found post-mortem on Lila’s neck.

What follows is kind of convoluted, to be honest. Evil Prosecutor Lady helps Annalise discredit Griffin’s lawyer’s expert — but then double-crosses Annalise by agreeing with Team Griffin that the marks are consistent with punctures from a woman’s fingernails. It turns out Evil Prosecutor was colluding with Griffin’s lawyer on a plea deal — and so Annalise takes the nuclear option, having Rebecca give an interview claiming Griffin raped her. Now, the saintly QB’s public image is so tainted, Evil Prosecutor Lady rescinds her plea offer. But the judge is all, “Now I want a second autopsy by the examiner of my choosing!” Why the hell not, I guess.

What’s important is the following: Rebecca’s public lies about the rape make Wes very upset and angry — because he wants to help her make a better life, not dig herself deeper into the muck. But then they have hot, steamy makeup sex — or at least, it looked that way until it got inter-spliced with images from Lila’s gory autopsy. Their subsequent pillow talk reveals Wes moved to Ohio from Haiti at age 1 with his mother, that his mother committed suicide when he was 12, and that he likes mint chocolate-chip ice cream (though with that torso, he must not indulge often, right?). I’m not being flip about the suicide, BTW; Wes sneaks it in casually, because sex has bonded him to his neighbor in a way the desire for sex couldn’t quite. But when Rebecca goes out to get Wes’ favorite frozen treat at the local deli, who comes up and approaches her but Annalise’s ex-lover/disgraced former cop Nate. “I know you didn’t kill Lila Stangard,” he says. “We both know who did. Help me catch him.” WHOA, NATE IS NOT PLAYING AROUND!

(I should’ve mentioned it earlier, but Nate previously meets up with Annalise, refuses to help her uncover the D.A./defense attorney collusion and then lets her know he saw Frank plant Lila’s cellphone in Griffin’s car. And she seriously cannot believe someone has outplayed her. Though, then again, by admitting he’s outplayed her — in this round, anyway — hasn’t Nate basically set himself up for a Keating beating, so to speak?)

Anyhow…back to the autopsy. Sam finds Annalise in bed, shuts down her laptop and tries to find the “on” button for her other “equipment,” if I’m not being too subtle. But just as she begins to look interested, who knocks on the bedroom door but Bonnie — it’s official: she’s on probation — and she’s got a doozy of a report from her inside source at the medical examiner’s office. The marks on Lila’s neck were ant bites, she says, burying the lead. Oh, and also, Lila was six weeks pregnant at the time of her death.

Once again, we see the pain and fury in Annalise’s eyes in the face of another lie, another betrayal by her husband. But somehow, with this week’s casual mention of her prior miscarriages and the prior references to their current attempts to get pregnant, the revelation of Lila having been in the family way seems especially stinging.

Here’s hoping next week’s episode kicks off with some “Hell hath no fury” carnage, yes?

IN OTHER NEWS… | Connor bumps into a former hookup in court — but can’t remember the dude’s name. That doesn’t matter to Julian, though, and the two wind up going full “Superfreak” in a bathroom stall. (Color Asher impressed!) Connor’s brain, however, goes the Kylie Minogue route…he just can’t get Oliver out of his head…and finally shows up at Hacker Guy’s door with a bouquet of flowers. Lo and behold, who should answer the door but an incredibly sexy hunk of mocha-chocolata-yaya — holding a spatula (sigh…the dude cooks, too) and casually mentioning Oliver is in the shower. “If you care about the guy at all,” says Connor’s replacement, “don’t ever come back here.” Is this a case of too little, too late? I sure hope not. To paraphrase Samantha Fox, naughty boys need love too.

Meanwhile, Michaela gets invited to prestigious law firm Sterling-White for what she thinks is a verrry early summer-internship interview. Turns out, though, her fiancé’s family has merely cooked up a prenup they’d like her to study and sign. Hey, if she’s going to threaten to ruin Aiden’s life and take all his money if he ever takes another walk on the gay side, she can’t really be too surprised if he’s got some parameters of his own, can she?

And finally, we come to Laurel and Frank, a couple whose intentions I find completely impossible to read. She’s all cozy and coquettish with her legal aid boyfriend — and even thinks about quitting Annalise’s firm and going to work with him to avoid post-kiss awkwardness with Frank. He’s all, “Don’t quit on my account! I’ll stop acting like a wounded, petulant child!” But then, finally, when the moon comes out and they’re alone on Annalise’s porch — must be some powerful pheromonal energy on that property, yes? — Laurel finally admits she’d like to see Frank wearing zero pieces of his three-piece suit. And they go at it like they’re not at their place of work/at their boss’s residence/on a populated residential block of Philadelphia. Alrighty, then!

Quotes of the Week
“Some guys can only get it up for crazy.” —Asher, weighing in on Wes’ attraction to murder suspect Rebecca

“You forgot his name and he’s still into you? What do you have — some sort of voodoo penis?” — Asher, shocked and impressed by Connor’s sexual prowess

“This works on women as well as men.” —Connor, explaining his widespread allure to Asher

“Prayers are for the weak: I’ll stick to beating your ass in court.” —Annalise, dismissing Evil Prosecutor Lady with ease

And with that, I pass the mic to you.

What did you think of “He Deserved to Die”? Who are your current choices for Sam’s murder and Lila’s murder? (I’m going with, respectively, Bonnie and Annalise.) And can we all agree Connor does have a voodoo penis? Sound off in the comments!

1. Cheyenne says:

Oh hell, I’m so confused at this point, all I know is somebody killed somebody. I don’t think it was Rebecca, though. I make her as a junkie skank but not as a killer. Great episode, BTW.

• Hahaha says:

Wes is miscast. This episode showed that the actor who plays Wes is far too young, innocent and nerdy. He’d be better cast as a Googler or Silicon Valley nerd. The sex scene with Wes and Rebecca during the autopsy inspired me to write these lyrics to your average house beat: Sex, autopsy, sex, autopsy, sex, autopsy, sex – sex. Sex, autopsy, sex, autopsy, sex, autopsy, autopsy, sex – sex. Autopsy, sex, sex, sex. Autopsy, cut thread, sex, sex. Autopsy, threads, sex, autopsy, cut, knife, sex – sex. Rotting corpse, sex with minor; a law student, sex- sex. Autopsy, sex, sex, sex, going down, sex, sex, sex. Knife. . . . Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Worst episode of the season, sex – sex – sex

• GeoDiva says:

So agree! I can’t stand Wes and Rebecca. I don’t understand his willingness to help her. The sex/autopsy scene was horrible. They have no chemistry and have average acting skills. Only Viola Davis is keeping me watching.

• ChrisGa says:

Wow, could not agree more strongly regarding the actor playing Wes, not so much his youth but that the performance is just so tentative and weak IMO. Easily my least favorite character on the show and one of my least favorite actor portrayals of the last several years on any show. In fact, the only acting performance I dislike more right now–and I’m speaking specifically network otherwise I’d have to throw 3/4 of the casts of any given Tyler Perry OWN under the bus–is the girl who plays Charlotte on Revenge; terrible, terrible acting there.

• Gailer says:

This show is so confusing! I have to wait till Michael explains it to me every week! The killer can’t be annaalise

• herman1959 says:

HA -HA!!!!! I feel the same way, and I know one more thing: Bonnie better become REAL important to the plot REALLY soon because I’m sick of her.

2. abz says:

How does a coroner miss a pregnancy during an autopsy? I still find the show really entertaining, but these little mistakes here and there are pretty lame (People falling out of open windows in high rise buildings? Autopsies missing a pregnancy?, etc.)
    And how awkward was Wes/Rebecca’s sex scene? The juxtaposition with the autopsy was really creepy.
    I’m still going with Bonnie being involved in some form. Her sleeping with Asher last week seemed like more of a distraction to take his mind away from the missing trophy.
    By the way, does anyone else think Asher has a thing for Connor? His obsession is not even subtle the way he stares at him, eavesdrops and comments on his sex/love life, etc.
    Enjoyed the prenup stuff. Should be funny when she confronts her fiancee about it.

• Jennifer says:

YES — I think Asher has a thing for Connor.

• Eva says:

I rolled my eyes SO HARD when they revealed that Lila had been pregnant! Such a ridiculous mistake to be made by the coroner, smh. But I liked the sex scene, it goes well with my theory of Wes being a creep disguised as a puppy.

• TigerLIL says:

abz, you got some really good points, Bonnie is still kinda iffy to me. If Bonnie done it she bout done caught Rebecca and Sam having a better than good time..that Bonnie is a stealth sneeky just like one of the respondents pointed out last week. I mean dam she better than a cat on a mouse as far as creeping up on folks guess will see I mean crazy…

3. Evan says:

Sam killed Lila (who else could it be!?) and then was killed by either Wes (to save Rebecca) or Annalise (which explains why her minions are getting rid of the body).

• Cheyenne says:

Maybe Annalise killed him and then picked the five brightest students in her class to help her cover it up. She had a reason for choosing those kids.

• betty says:

i,m thinking Annalise killed he husband and choose the brightest law students to help her get away with murder. But that reasoning is way to easy isn’t it? I just don’t know!!!!!! I watch the show every week, but remain confused.

• Jakob says:

Nah, Annalise couldn’t have killed Sam. Remember last episode’s flashforward when she called Bonnie all worried about Sam?

• H.Houston says:

I wouldn’t say she was worried about Sam, remember what she said and how the camera panned – she said she thought something terrible had happened and the camera showed her big arsed rug missing from the center room

• Katherine215 says:

That could be her covering herself. She wouldn’t be the first murderer in tv history to report her spouse missing.

• Angela says:

Hell, to add to your point, just look at all the real life instances of similar things happening! True crime shows are chock full of stories like that.

4. Cheyenne says:

I can’t stand Michaela and her snotty ass. I hope she gets stood up at the altar in her bespoke Vera Wang. BTW did she ever find that 5-carat diamond that fell off in the woods?

• ChrisGa says:

Agree on Michaela; the same actress played an almost identical character on Emily Owens, M.D. and she was a major bitch on that one too.

5. Angel says:

I love the show but all the relationship choices are bland and awful. I hope Asher lets Connor show him what he’s missing.

6. ? says:

You know, I like this show and all, but you do NOT miss someone being six weeks pregnant in an autopsy. Absolutely. Completely. Impossible.

Although I guess the whole way they show law school working and the timeframe in which cases are tried on the show are also ridiculous, so who cares, really. Sure. Miss a pregnancy in a murder victim. Why not.

7. Angela says:

I pretty much just muttered, “Ooooooooh…incoming…” at the end reveal about the pregnancy. The look on Annalise’s face there was THE definition of “if looks could kill”. If Annalise didn’t kill Sam, they’re doing a damn good job of making her the likeliest suspect imaginable!
    Also, to all those who find it ludicrous that the original autopsy would’ve missed the pregnancy-maybe they did find it and cover it up? Wasn’t there a whole thing at one point in the episode about paying people enough money so they’ll tell you anything? That could work the other way, too, couldn’t it? Maybe someone was trying to pay off the person doing the original autopsy to keep that information secret, and so they claimed they “missed” it in their examination?
    I dunno. Could be off. Just a guess.
    In other news, Slezak, I absolutely LOVED all the musical references in your passage about Connor. I actually felt bad for the guy when he got to the door and found that other man standing there. Aw. And I actually like Wes and Rebecca together myself, so yes, as uber-creepy as it was going back and forth between their sexual encounter and the autopsy, at the same time, when they first kissed, I couldn’t help but think, “FINALLY!” Now to see what goes down with Rebecca’s meeting with Nate. Hm.
    Also, I completely agree that Rebecca was automatically working on a defense when she was talking to Wes post-murder. Though you do raise a good point about her both being accused of and claiming to have committed both Lila and Sam’s murders. I’m going with “chronic fibber”, and much as I like her and Wes together, if she’s a compulsive liar, he…might want to be wary about that if he wants things to progress with her relationship-wise.
    Also, Laurel and Frank. Sigh. Laurel, sweetie, you could do so much better.
    The next two episodes will no doubt be explosive. I’m very anxious to see what the hell happens next.

• kate'shomesick says:

How could Laurel do better? Frank’s smart, ’til now seems like a morally sound person (with the exception of “making someone cheat” and working for Keating ^^) and he’s gorgeous…

• Katherine215 says:

Agree, I like Frank. She could do better because he’s not a lawyer? Right, because the people on this show who ARE lawyers are sterling examples of good people. The only thing I don’t like about their storyline is Laurel having a boyfriend (and one I actually like). Why go the cheating route? It’s not like the show is lacking in drama.

• Angela says:

Hasn’t he been known to sleep with students, though? And he’s kind of obnoxiously arrogant. Some people can pull off the cockiness, others, it comes off off-putting.
        That’s just my opinion, though. To each their own!

• kate'shomesick says:

BONNIE kind of made comments about that…but honestly…I don’t think Bonnie is trustworthy at all…other than that…there was nothing…and also- who says that a guy who used to have loose sexual relationships all the time …can’t fall in love ^^. I reall hope he’s one of the good guys.

• Ian says:

Yeah! Thats always been my same thought. If anything, Laurel’s a bit out of Frank’s league, beauty-wise. He could be banging a girl hotter than her if he wanted. And they act like he’s of a lower class than her why exactly? Hm.
        So far, I’m not really in love with any of these romantic pairings myself. It’s a sad thing when Connor had more chemistry with the guy that fell out a window (and a much more intimate sex scene), than with the guy this show is trying to push on us he’s into for whatever reason.
        And the show’s getting kind of sloppy with the logic. I think it’ll fall into being a Scandal type show. Not brilliant all of the time, but brilliant often enough.

• TigerLIL says:

Angela got to agree with on the looks could kill and I just commented earlier on the autopsy mishap, money can change a whole lot of people’s mind. Maybe the dead girl’s family didn’t want it out. Why is Nate still hanging around I mean guy done flat-line Annalise was fired from his job so has no reason to be investigating unless he is working for the football player or university and what he got to talk to Rebecca about its making no logical sense to me? Nate is totally convinced that Sam is the murdered of Lyla but why cause he doubled back to town? And how potentially two high profile people get on the roof without not one person seeing them what they climb the wall. This is a crazy show…

• Angela says:

I would also think that the murderer, if they suspected Lila was pregnant after their encounter, might want to pay the person doing the original autopsy to keep that secret, too (heck, that could be part of the reason for the murder itself). Again, I point to the numerous examples in the real world where people have tried to destroy evidence or do quick autopsies (or skirt doing them altogether) in the hopes of whatever they’ve done to their victims not being made public, so I have no problem believing someone would try and do that here. Hell, if Bonnie’s somehow involved in this, she might’ve known that information for some time now and just now decided to conveniently share it with Annalise to help set in motion whatever plans she had in mind.
        I think Nate is going to try and get back at Annalise somehow. They’ve had a falling out of sorts, and so I think he’s going to try and get some sort of revenge on her for it.
        This show IS crazy. Very crazy :p. But that’s what makes it fun, right?

• TIgerLIL says:

Nate already burning Annalise up. I don’t know why she keep calling the guy he done already gave her the exist, they are so funny to me. They got great chemistry IMO. I wonder if they will ever get back together….LOL

8. kate'shomesick says:

okay…so I have NO idea. It could have been anyone. This could either turn out awesomesauce or it could be a complete failure. I’m thinking – since it’s been this “everyone has a dark side and a secret”-theme…it’s probably gonna be someone the viewers really like and/or isn’t obvious OR they do the opposite and it was Rebecca (she’s Keatings lesbian lover…ot whatever…Sam was the head of a prostitution ring)! In the former case…it might be: Frank, Laurel, Connor, Asher or Wes. They’ve been trying to make Asher and Connor more likeable so…

9. Eva says:

To me, the most interesting thing in the episode was how calm and collected Wes was just minutes after the murder. In the last five episodes, it was very emphasized that the rest of the group, even those always in control, completely fell apart due to shock. But Wes is able to calmly wash Rebecca off, then take over enough to convince everybody else to cover for her. It’s very suspicious, isn’t it? Especially with him as a likely killer, who Rebecca would want to cover for? And then there’s the sex scene, intertwined with the autopsy, possibly to underline the relationship between Rebecca and Lila, but maybe to add some grim foreshadowing to the puppy love?

10. Also, the filters can be replaced or cleaned when they get dirty,
    so that the breathable air is as clean as possible. Moderate persistent asthma – everyday occurrence of asthma symptoms and
    multiple nights a week. Several cases of people on long-haul flights have been reported to have died from
    DVT.Best Remedies For Asthma

11. jules says:

Rebecca and Wes, Laurel and Frank are so annoying and boring, the lack of chemistry is too obvious. Hopefully those four will be replaced next season.

12. duttons2003 says:

Maybe the pregnancy wasn’t missed on the first autopsy but covered up…..

13. S says:

Ok…my wild theory…Wes has known what he’s doing ALL along. Some sort of master plan.

14. suzybel says:

What Cheyenne said, and I love the show.

15. Kate says:

I’m pretty certain it wasn’t Rebecca who killed Sam, but I am tempted to say he might have been trying to kill her when one of them came up and killed Sam. I haven’t a clue who, but somehow I think I can eliminate Wes and Laurel, someone would have some blood on them. Connor and Michaela are both wearing dark colored clothes, and I am weirdly tempted to say it was Michaela as we haven’t actually seen her after body disposal story. I think Oliver would have mentioned the blood on Connor if it had been there. But Rebecca delivered that ‘confession’ is was that seemed similar to her Lila confession (where I’m pretty sure she didn’t do it, heck, just her outburst after court that Lila was her friend seems like one of the handful of authentic things she said, that Lila was her friend and that she does like Wes thats all I can say about her).

• Katherine215 says:

Agree on Rebecca. I’m leaning toward Sam or Annalise killing Lila, and Bonnie or Annalise killing Sam. I think the 4 of them just got suckered into cleaning up the murder.

• TigerLIL says:

Kate you got somethings figured in I had not figured out. Michaela might have caught Sam choking Rebecca and clocked him from the back. I mean why she the only one in such deep shock, that’s not the reaction of most people coming up on the body of a dead person, they might be in some shock of holding hand to mouth but she was shaking shocked. The girl was in suspended disbelief. They paned and zero in on her ring which she winded up loosing at the site as they were disposing of the body but what really kinda made my ears stand up was when Michaela said at the “burning of the body that this was the only way to destroy the DNA”. DNA to prove what? Now, that scene played out prior to the announcement of the pregnancy because they would need Sam’s DNA to prove who’s baby the girl was caring they might can use a relative if he had one we don’t know.

Remember Rebecca had recently leveraged the pre-nup info on Michaela who is a nut case when it comes to “appearances”. Maybe Michaela got something in her past shady that the boy’s family want to protect their child from, that move by the parents is design to keep her from outing the young man and taking his funds, another story line. It’s likely Rebecca did not kill either person but was in on both of those murders, you know she said “I like to make people feel uncomfortable”. But then she made a curious confession comment to Wes like she was taking the blame for Sam’s murder so he would be safe from being accused. I found it odd, I think it is something about Rebecca she doesn’t want Wes to know. Her involving Wes was a leverage game too, he must have gotten to the scene after the murder because he was clam cool and collected. See Rebecca is a set up artist she won’t flat-line you but she can have you taken care of by somebody else, she a middle man just like her drug operation. What a mess, you could call the story the “Betrayal of Annalise” cause she catching some straight up knives from everybody who wants what she’s got or what they thinks she’s got. Her life is too jacked up for me….LOL

16. Lisa says:

Annalise needs to move her office out of her house. She has no boundaries in her life.

17. Derek StJohn says:

I’m loving this show more and more every week! This latest episode was totally about Rebecca. I’m betting my house that she’s a total Femme Fatale: she has manipulated Wes from the start. How could he resist her puppy-dog eyes! She sealed-the-deal with him at the end of the episode because he was on the verge of breaking loose of her emotional hold on him. She’s admitted to killing Lila (twice, if you count the “joke confession” in Annalise’s office) and Sam. And, yes, she has a strange little half-smile when Wes is taking actions to save her.

BTW, the sexiest scenes I’ve seen on TV in a long time are the Wes/Rebecca hook-up at the end–and Wes washing Rebecca off right after the murder. Talk about “Holy Communion”! Lastly, Katie Findley is irresistible and is doing an incredible job.

Next Up on my Wish List: Exploring Laurel’s past. I believe she’s just as “dark” as Rebecca–maybe more so.

18. Gerald says:

First…. How bad was the first coroner? She is a murder victim you think the autopsy would be thorough enough to catch a 6 week pregnancy. They must have done a bunch of bloodwork. How could they possibly miss that!!!!!
    Second…. Please writers stop ruining perfectly good characters by making them look weak and needy. Annalise is great in the courtroom and classroom, but her falling apart with her husbands cheating and her boyfriend ditching her makes her look so weak. And Connor is a great character but his pining for the nerdy annoying Oliver is the worst thing they could do to Connor. Please fix this.

19. H.Houston says:

I think Michaela killed Sam. With some of the flashes in the house over the body she looks the worst for wear. I wonder if Sam was trying to hurt Rebecca or threatening her, Michaela walks up behind him and hits Sam with the statue. Rebecca is covered in blood but it looks like its spray as if she was standing in front of him when he was hit. The blood was all over her face, chest, and the tops of her arms… if she had hit him the pattern would be different.
    Someone noticeably lacking in the “present day” flashes – Nate. The flashbacks have now dropped us two weeks before the incident so where is he?

20. TigerLIL says:

Hmm the real crazy came out this week. It’s not that Rebecca killed Sam which I kinda think she did given the blood splatters, its the why she did it girl act like she was in a jealous rage. These were two people who was suppose to have never met or come into contact but that was a rage killing you ask me. I said last week, I thought those two had something going on…. On the funny note, Nate is cracking me up I mean he got Annalise number and flat-lining her is a weekly enjoyment for him. Here is the kicker, why Nate still entertaining the woman you alleged got you fired from your job. Why the hell would you care if she wants to meet? Why you still working the case instead of getting down to the unemployment office and getting your unemployment compensation started. Why Nate tripping all over Sam, I mean dam you keep sending the girl home to the hubby so why you care he the killer he didn’t kill you so what’s the business. I’m starting to think he killed the dude. I don’t think Rebecca could have that type of blood splatter without wailing some object to bludgeon the guy. Wes was clean. Killing Sam this early in the game sucks. I just wish they had kept Sam around he was an interesting character…GO FIGURE?

21. Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff
    previous to and you are simply too fantastic. I really like what you have received right here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which
    wherein you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you still care
    for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you.
    This is actually a wonderful web site.

22. vck says:

So I want to know how long Asher and Bonnie have been hooking up. Last week made it seem like a one night thing, but he called Wes “the puppy”. Please correct me if I missed it but I though that was Bonnie, Frank and Annalise’s name for him while the other students called him “wait-list”. Kinda telling if he’s using Bonnie’s nickname for him all of a sudden.

23. Bree says:

3 things stand out to me, I won’t bother to even attempt my theory because, well … i’m still confused. First, the scratches on Wes’s wall are significant. Whoever was there prior was planned to be used in the murder but forever reason couldn’t. Second, Annalise’s blonde assistant (good to know few can recall her name) is completely suspect. I believe on the night of the murder one of the law students had text her, tipping her off to the uninvolved law student knocking at the door, and she then created a distraction by sleeping with him. Third, Annalise’s husband ultimately will be found out innocent in the young girl’s murder, therefore the culprits involved who believed they were “righting a wrong” by partaking in his death will end the season unknowing of the real murderer and preparing for “how to get away with murder” season 2

• TigerLIL says:

Bree, that is interesting and a great observation. The scratches play some role because they are referred to two significant times, when Rebecca alerts Wes to them, by identifying them as rabbit sex, she was probably using the room herself, then he examines them and the second time when Annalise discovers them too and then tries to connect them to Wes being in love with Rebecca. I still got a feeling just a hunch, that Rebecca and Sam were involved, and those scratches might be just what the involvement was. I think Sam was doing Bonnie too. I got that impression from her catching the detective Nate in Sam’s car the night he was going to the staff dinner. Seems like the scene was set up to make it look like she was going to the dinner with Sam. The one interesting theme is clear everybody well except Nate wants Sam and want to be in Annalise place, that includes the dead girl, Rebecca and Bonnie.

I don’t believe Sam killed Lyla, he certainly had motive. I do believe him and Rebecca were involved in the murder and I do think he help dispose of the body with Rebecca who I believe set the girl up to be killed. We all know she was involved in Sam’s demise even if she didn’t strike the blows, her blood spatter pattern looks like a spray. See Rebecca is messy, but she operates her blackmail based on the leverage of information she has on people. Even if she did kill Sam it was because Sam attacked her or if someone flat-lined him as she watch it was still because she had some information on Sam that he did not want getting back to his wife. Interesting human dynamics can’t wait to see how it plays out.

24. Maryann says:

I’m not understanding the hate for Wes that some people have expressed. He is the most three-dimensional and relatable character in the entire cast.

25. kym says:

First I am extremely pissed that Ollie had some man in his home cooking him breakfast at the time Connot comes to see him to kiss and make up. I am praying to GOD they make up in He Deserved To Die. Or at least get a part for just them

26. I have thought that Rebecca killed Sam and wes is just Laughable 2 me not a good fit but I love this show

27. ChicagoDan says:

This was a high profile murder case from the very beginning – remember all the ‘media’ when Lila was missing and then when she’s found presumably murdered. No way on earth would an autopsy be conducted in such a casual way. I get it for the dramatic license and to up the ante, but like Annalise being a hypocrite (she was doing Nate in her office), while Sam was committing the Unforgivable sin of bedding a co-ed, the show has more inconsistencies than it should. Oh, and VD, talk about a force, best actor to hit network TV in a long time.

28. Comment Jouer des Jeux Wii U sur PC says:

My family always say that I am killing my time
    here at net, however I know I am getting know-how daily by reading such good
    posts.

29. You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the
    work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you
    who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.

30. Big Ali says:

I do consider all the concepts you have offered on your post.
    They’re really convincing and will certainly work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for starters. May just you please
    lengthen them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.