ABC Fall Finale Dates Revealed: Grey's, Once, Scandal, Nashville and More

ABC Fall Schedule 2014 Premiere Dates

ABC’s TGIT lineup is breaking early for the holidays.

Shonda Rhimes’ Thursday one-two-three punch of Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder will air their fall finales in a matter of weeks. But don’t fret, many of your other fave ABC dramas will be keeping their lights on through mid-December (and some of them, like Castle and Revenge, won’t be off the air for long).

Specific dates are below. Review ’em and promptly save ’em. (Midseason finale dates for ABC’s comedies are TBA.)

CASTLE | Monday, Dec. 8*

GREY’S ANATOMY | Thursday, Nov. 20 (Find out its return date)!

HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER | Thursday, Nov. 20 (Find out its return date)!

NASHVILLE | Wednesday, Dec. 10

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. | Tuesday, Dec. 9

ONCE UPON A TIME | Sunday, Dec. 14 (Find out its return date)!

RESURRECTION | Sunday, Dec. 14 Now Sunday, Dec. 7*

REVENGE | Sunday, Dec. 14 Now Sunday, Dec. 7*

SCANDAL | Thursday, Nov. 20 (Find out its return date)!

* These shows are slated to return in early January

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kelly Deeny says:

I’m glad my favorites go until December! Thanks for posting these dates.

2. Isaac John says:

Wow, November 20 is VERY early!

• Moment says:

There’s only 15 episodes this season, ABC likely want to air some next year too.

• Moment says:

Apologies I thought you were referring to HTGAWM with that comment. I didn’t notice that all the other Thursday shows are going on a break early too.

• Tran says:

The real reason HTGAWM has just 15 episodes in its first season is because of Viola Davis’ contract. Season Two is in question but it’s too early to tell.

• Lincoln says:

I was thinking the same. I’m surprised too — are “fall finales” the new norm? This has been the case for a couple years now. I don’t remember “fall finales” happening years ago. How recent is this?

• Ella J. Wade says:

What happened to the seasons that started in September, took a couple of weeks off over the holidays, came back in January and ran till May?

• Seasons are shorter now most are 22-24 episodes.Lnited series like Murder are even shorter seasons.A network has 35 weeks of the regular tv season to fit in 22-24 episodes so it means there’ll be breaks Unfortunatley .Seasons aren’t 30 plus episodes anymore like the 80s and 90s.

• Grey says:

You took the words right out of my mouth Brandy. :-) I even remember as a kid a few shows going as high as 26 – 28 episodes once or twice. :-0 Can you imagine? But the other difference back then was 99% of episodes were stand alones. By the end of the hour everything was nicely tied up with a bow. No continuing arcs or cliff-hangers so it was *easier* to just crank them out and often have secondary characters featured for several episodes with the lead playing second fiddle (and thus having a lighter work week). And that’s the other thing, not too many “buddy shows” or “double lead” led shows. The title character was often truly the center of the show and I think often the actor had a better, more humble, work ethic about it too in comparison to some of today’s lead actors/actresses.

• I think ABC is following the same schedule they did last year for these shows. On a certain number of weeks with no repeats, off for 12 weeks, on for 12 weeks at the end of the season with no repeats.

3. Jenn says:

Any thought as to why ABC has chosen to end their Thursday shows so much earlier than their other shows?

• SJ says:

Probably because they didn’t want to break for Thanksgiving and then bring them back for one or two weeks in December and then have them go on break yet again.

This way they at least have 6 more episodes of Murder to get them through February sweeps (I’m guessing all three dramas return mid-January).

• Gail says:

They are bring them back earlier also on January 29 instead of the end of February like last year. I think that is when they returned last year.

4. Mary says:

So nothing about when Agent Carter and Galavant begin?

5. Ray says:

The real question is are they returning in January or not until February sweeps?

6. tahina says:

Ugh, too long wait until February for Grey’s and HTGAWM. WHY?

• eye says:

It’s so that instead of eventually having a third long break or eventually having a new one week, off the next, then new again schedule, the season can be split into two parts with limited interruptions.

7. Christian says:

But ABC announced a couple weeks back that Barbara Walters’ inane Most Fascinating Whatever special would air on 12/14 from 9-11. So how can Resurrection and Revenge air that night?

8. Tran says:

I predict that the other half of Scandal Season Four should return on February 5th and it will get even tough competition against The Blacklist in the 9 p.m. Thursday night time slot. Hope Blacklist is going to save NBC’s Thursday night line-up.

9. alistaircrane says:

I need a START DATE for Agent Carter!!!!!!!!

10. dioxinblues says:

I hope the lack of mention of FOREVER doesn’t mean doom and gloom for the surprisingly charming show. It’s been one of my faves of the new season.

11. sue says:

They talk too fast on Scandal and How to commit murder. I need to use CC…but it still doesn’t help.

• Grey says:

Agreed. I sometimes find it exhausting watching “Scandal” because of that. The people involved with the show say it’s done to help emphasize the urgency of the situations and storylines. I find it tiring and sometimes just plain silly especially when it’s a long monolog. Olivia’s father just goes on and on sometimes. I know it’s a TV show and one should extend the imagination but, no one talks like that in real life. Give it a rest papa Pope! LOL. I’m growing increasingly tired of it. It’s causing me to lose interest in the show; that along with some of the directions the stories and characters are going. I almost stopped watching altogether when Huck and Quinn got really OTT sexually weird.

• Amalia says:

I don’t know about Scandal, but imo they talk normally on HTGAWM. English is not my first language, but I can still understand everything and keep up with it, legal terms and all.

12. Luli says:

Once comes back in March!!! That’s a long break!

13. No word on when Nashville would return?

14. Grey says:

Thank you for posting the dates for all the shows. Some sites seem to think ABC only has two shows, “Scandal” and “HTGAWM.” Hello, some of us watch other ABC shows besides just those two (or even instead of those two)!

15. Angelina says:

I cannot believe we have to wait 2 1/2 months for some of these shows to come back!! The wait will be torture. Good thing I missed Game Of Thrones last year to good weather cuz now I have something to watch in the meantime. I’m also going to try out Da Vinci’s Demons, Salem and Penny Dreadful during the wait.

16. Shannon says:

What about Forever’s finale date? :)

17. shirley says:

As long as Castle is returning, I’m happy

18. shirley says:

thanks for the dates!!

19. Amalia says:

Doesn’t OUAT go on hiatus after 11 episodes? That means the fall finale should be on Dec 7th, not the 14th.

20. Gary Rose says:

I want to know when Resurrection is coming back It’s my favorite show

21. Addison says:

These dates are wrong… November 20 is a Friday and December 14 is a Monday…

22. Lizzietta Booker says:

Will there be a network break in programming between the last episode and the Final Finale?