Witches of East End Cancelled

Witches Of East End Cancelled

It appears the magic has run out for Witches of East End.

Lifetime’s supernatural drama about the all-powerful Beauchamp family has been cancelled after just two seasons, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Witches‘ second season finale set up a hell of a third outing for the Beauchamp women: Ingrid (Rachel Boston) learned she was pregnant, an incarcerated Dash (Eric Winter) swapped bodies with brother Killian (Daniel Di Tomasso) and Wendy (Mädchen Amick) finally came face to face with her estranged sister in hell.

Unfortunately, we’ll never get to see any of that play out.

RELATED Witches of East End Post Mortem: EP Talks [Spoiler]’s Death, Ingrid’s Twist, Wendy’s Journey and Much More

The show’s starts took to Twitter to share their disappointment, as well as to thank fans for their support over the years:

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Witches‘ cancellation.

Witches fans, are you crushed by this news? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the series’ cancellation below.

1942 Comments
    • Ray says:

Ratings declined quite significantly. I’m saddened but not entirely surprised.

• Kris says:

And you know why? It all went downhill when they threw in the lesbian stuff!

• Julz17 says:

I’m amazed at the crap shows that stay on the air even on Lifetime channel… True Tori, Preacher’s Daughters, etc. It seems like all people want is dysfunction & drama! This was a good light hearted show and will be missed :(

• Ray says:

Sad, isn’t it? What’s worse is that the ratings probably would not have suffered if Lifetime opted to schedule the second season premiere around early October like last year. Shuffling the programming calendar threw off many households without DVRs that watched this series.

• Sharon says:

Julz17, I couldn’t agree more. The only thing on tv is crap shows. Apparently they don’t give a rats azz about the viewers and how this effects those who watch some of the best shows aired like Longmire. I for one will fight to see that back on Tv, I just wish something could be done for Witches of EastWick.

• angela says:

We can go sign a petition at I petitions. Com we’ve got 83,055 we need 85,000 some thing can be done, I’m blowing this site up

• Jen says:

HA! I too was in love with the witches of eastwick and for that reason I was kind of scared to watch witches of eastend. And of course I get completely sucked in just to get my heart ripped out again. Everytime, every flipping time I finally find a great show its canceled after only a couple seasons. I can’t stand TV anymore.

• Kristine says:

I agree whole heartedly with you. Loved Longmire and WoEE! Bring then back!!!!! Please!

• Dina says:

the only reason those crap shows stay on is because they’re cheap to make. Reality shows will be the death that’s good television. That’s why you see so many of them… they cost almost nothing in comparison to the scripted drama or comedy to make.

• maritza says:

Exactly. It’s pathetic. TV is horrific anymore. I don’t care about about personal dramas. I have enough of my own. I want to escape into a world that’s not my reality.

• Sherrie says:

Maritza, I could not have said it any better! I love this show. Two of my sisters also watch, just found out it was cancelled, so upset!

• cheryl says:

My son works in the industry out in LA and told me it’s all about the money. Surprise!! The reality shows cost next to nothing compared to a series. I too will miss this show a lot.

• Brenda Townsend says:

I agree with you completely! The good shows get tanked but, the crap shows like anything Tori Spelling or those awful get-rich-quick preachers of L.A. are still going strong. Where is the sense in that?! Bring back woee! Please!

• angela says:

I am so disappointed that this show was cancelled please bring it back I looked forward to watching it! I love the entire cast, and I can’t believe we won’t find out what happens please please please bring it back I will harass lifetime if they don’t. Iam a big lifetime fan and I’m considering not watching anymore until you bring it back. Anyone with me? Can we write formal complaints? Don’t even get me started on true tori he didn’t even cheat on her they are broke. I’m just really sad. What can we do?

• Amber says:

I totally agree!!!! I only used to watch Lifetime and LMN. I loved sitting down during the day and getting into a good Lifetime movie with my two teenaged daughters and then a good TV series episode like Witches of East End, The Lottery, Or Army Wives afterwards. But, now all they air is stupid crap like Hoarders, Intervention, Preacher’s Daughters, or the crime shows like Killer Kids that should be aired on the ID Channel, not Lifetime or LMN. I barely watch either one of these channels now which really stinks. I miss all those movies and TV shows!!!

• nicole says:

I agree there are worse shows that should have been canceled! Loved this show and the actors and actresses on it! Now what am I going to do between this being canceled and True Blood bring done! Hope someone picks it up cause it was a great show!

• stacy says:

So true! Witches was a show we watched as a family,sad to say there isn’t much out there that the entire family can watch

• Reality shows are so much cheaper to produce. And people enjoy seeing others beat up, screamed at, bullied. “Dance Moms” My daugher ws in dance for 14 years. got a scholarship to Joffery and I never experienced anything like Dance Moms! This is not reality but serious antisocial behavior that is being glorified. Their behavor toward each other is horrid the Girls are lovely but they are subjected to such brutality by Abby Lee. Even at Joffrey, there was nothing like Abby Lee and Joffery is a serious, New York City Ballet Company.

• karen tindle says:

So true I am disappointed in lifetime for the cancellation of witches of the East end I really hope they reconsider or someone picks it up

• Christine Lorentzen says:

It’s hard to find smart original programing made for women of all ages. The fact that it may or may not have scenes with sex or lesbianism in them is going great to happen. Because it happens in life. I for one would like more smart shows I can watch with friends or my grown daughter. I am so tired of the scripted”reality “shows, and the movies that are all the same ,just new faces. Women don’t fit the same mold, for a while it looked like Lifetime understood that. Maybe they are looking for a younger audience. There are lots of channels for younger women. Their niche was women aged 25 to 55. I don’t want to watch the same crap my kids are watching. I liked Witches, Devious Maids, Celebrity ghost stories. I don’t care about the shows that belong in the back of a trash magazine. Listen to your customers for a change.

• clarissa says:

So disappointed they cancelled the show was excited to start watching the third season.

• Erica says:

Until I seen it on Netflix, I had no knowledge of the show, watched both series within days. Should not have put it on lifetime >_>

• lynne says:

Me too. Saw it on Netflix and marathon-watched it. So disappointed it was cancelled. I guess it’s back to the Kardashians. Or getting a root canal. Same degree of pleasure. Goodbye WoEE. I will so very much miss our time together.

• Kristine says:

Wouldn’t it be fabulous if NETFLIX backed the show and produced it!? It’s been a year since cancellation and probably the actors have moved on to new gigs but I for one would love to see a season 3, 4, 5…..

• Verity Rothschild says:

You should check how it’s doing on Netflix! Less people are interested in regular cable because of all the adverts. Plus cheaper.

• Brenda says:

Yes !! Just found out about this show maybe last week just finished today & went to see when season 3 starts .. so bumbed is canceled …
          Totally blows

• Beth says:

It was cancelled due to low ratings simple as that.

• Joel says:

Exactly. People didn’t find the show compelling enough to tune in each week. TV is a business not a charity. Maybe Lifetime will invest in doing a touring sock puppet show! LOL

• lynne says:

I don’t think you can speak for all “People” when clearly this site is saturated with its disappointed viewers over its cancellation. But sock puppets do appeal to some folks …obviously.

• James smith says:

I taped it because my work. I loved the show.

1. Melissa says:

Noooooo!!!! Not after that finale!!

• Kay says:

Agree…..I’ll file this right in my this Sucks file with Longmire!!!!!

• chaosrainz says:

Oh, thanks for reminding me I’m mad at A&E too! I had totally forgotten about that debacle! LoL

• Nickity says:

A&E actually owns Lifetime too…. at this point why even bother checking out any of their shows if they leave their viewers hanging like they did with both WOEE and Longmire!

• Colee says:

Completely agree! I’m so tired of finding exciting and entertaining shows only for them to be cancelled mid storyline. I know it’s nothing new to the world of t.v., but in today’s world we have so many other options for entertainment and art that you’d think networks would get the hint. Treat fans with respect, and they’ll show their appreciation; treat fans like they’re a dime a dozen, and they’ll take their business elsewhere. Let shows end with a proper ending. Longmire was so well done and Witches of East End was entertaining despite its flaws; both shows were the only reason I watched their respective networks. I have no problem staying away from A&E and Lifetime and telling people why they shouldn’t get invested in any show on either network. The worst cancellation in my eyes was Pushing Daisies.

• pookie says:

i know… right? i was wondering how it would work out between dash and killian… :/

• angie says:

How is this possible….. I was waiting on this… I am so upset…. what can we do to ensure there is an ending to the story line????

• Deb says:

Nothing! They don’t care what you and I think or want. They will just continue to cancel great shows like Witches of East End and so many others….

2. wrstlgirl says:

Little disappointed but not surprised.

3. alistaircrane says:

I stopped watching about 3-4 episodes into this season. It wasn’t fun to watch anymore. :-/

• Amit says:

Yeah, I lasted about the same before I dropped out. It wasn’t as enthralling as the first season.

• Rook says:

Yeah the season started off slow, but it got better. Yet it still liked some of the magic it had in the first season. Sad to see it go.

• Verne Gagne says:

What lost me was the dark turn that came from out of nowhere. The first season reminded me of Charmed. A good mix of light hearted family drama and suspense. This season, at least the few episodes that I made it through, was like a completely different show. The new feel of the show just didn’t work for me.

• Ray says:

Well, the theme of season 2 was “Darkness is rising” after all. It was a very deliberate maneuver on the part of the writers that some like me happened to enjoy. I didn’t care for all the frothy and frivolous romance of the first season.

• Ag says:

While I don’t mind dark necessarily, it was completely out of left field for those who enjoyed the first season. They are like two different shows entirely. And it would be one thing if they slowly amped up the darkness, but the second season was dark from the get go. I can forgive a lot of things, but a rape monster raping a main character on a nightly basis, twincest and what amounts to the magical rape of one of the male characters is not just dark. It is disgusting and wholly unnecessary.

• alistaircrane says:

I agree with you. The writers made a mistake in making Season 2 so dark. I don’t want to watch that kind of show, so I didn’t. Oh well—at least the first season was good!

• Lisa Swanson says:

Aaaaaaaa PEOPLE IT’S ABOUT WITCHES !!! THEY HAVE DARK SIDES !!! IF YOU WANT CUTESY WATCH CARTOONS !!! THAT WOULD BE LIKE WATCHING A VAMPIRE SERIES WHERE THE VAMPIRES DonT BITE !!! Seriously !!!! Hahaha Yall crack me up … stuck with Tori ok !!!

• Sara says:

I loved the first season, but the second felt like a chore. I actually stopped watching for a while, heard it was getting good & watched till the end but it didn’t feel like it was.

4. Remy says:

Can we please have a tv movie to resolve all open issues?!?!?!

5. George says:

No!! i love that show!!

6. julia says:

one of my favorite shows, sounds like a terrible decision for lifetime

7. jc says:

What no. This can’t be. Lifetime is just terrible. Hopefully their ratings as a whole go down too.

8. Deion says:

Nooooooooo!!

9. What an absolute absurds stupid move….god forbid in this day and age,we have such a good character driven show with a mostly female cast…I give up!!

10. A. D. says:

What crap! This was an awesome show! Bring it back! Find a new home!

11. Viv says:

Nooooooooooooo!! I hate cliffhanger endings!!! And it was a good summer show.

12. Garianne says:

This sucks! And it won People choice award, I don’t understand. I hope someone else picks it up, I really need to see what happens, it was a great suspenseful ending.

13. The only reason I ever even watched the channel. Stupid. It has a sophomore slump but it would have rebounded.

14. Dean says:

Expected as good as it was it didnt seem to fit with the rest of lifeime’s programming.

15. CarolH says:

This sucks royally!!! Loved that show!!!

16. leanne peters says:

well that sucks they could have given us a happy ending.

17. Cheryl says:

Done with Lifetime.. this was a great show

18. StephonJS says:

man Lifetime is on my hate list now with TNT. First Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva, The Lottery and now this. smh

• Cindy Young says:

I agree with you, dropping Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and The Lottery sucks. TNT screwed up when they dropped Dallas. They all want us to watch nothing but the stupid reality shows that are not really reality shows but scripted stupidity.

• i didnt know that they dropped drop dead diva. when did they drop that. with stacy bout to have twins.wow. i loved that show and witches of east end.

• AngieD says:

Drop Dead Diva almost didn’t have a final season – it would’ve ended when Owen fell to the ground when he found Jane and Grayson together on their wedding day. Fortunately, TPTB brought it back for one last season to close the story.

• Catherine Potter says:

My sentiments exactly. Stopped watching TNT because they cancelled Dallas & now I have no reason to watch Lifetime. I can delete their app from my tablet! I loved the show but especially loved tweeting live with the the actors, writers & producers during the show. It added more even enjoyment & depth to the mix. Gteat bunch of people! Including the fans! Quite a big following at Comic Con as well. I’m totally bummed!!

• Suzanne says:

Thank You!!! I loved Drop Dead Diva – it was such an original show and always consistently superb. I also loved The Lottery, another unique show. WoEE was just getting into it’s stride. Lifetime sucks.

• angela says:

The lottery is cancelled too? THIS IS STILL FRESH FOR ME I just found out about woee 2 days ago, at least give us one more season, I’m telling you lifetime, I did write that I was considering not watching lifetime anymore….you know what I am now if everyone on here stops watching maybe they will get the picture and bring it back, Kristen Grady I totally agree they left client list in the middle of the story too. I am just so mad and sad, and the rape monster? They we entwined he didn’t rape her. But anyway I don’t want a movie I want a 3rd season!!!!! And George escarra me and my sis in law will sign a petition let me know when and how to do it.

• angela says:

Go to I petitions. Com we are at 83,055 we need 85,000 let’s do this not to much farther to go!!!!

• Lloyd clemons says:

I love this show so much I kept looking for the new season to start so sad lifetime do tou really think reality shows will keep you afloat and make you alot of money? Come in pls bring witches of eastend back

• S CLINTON says:

Whoa! Hold up! The lottery is gone too! Noooo! Bring our back our shows Lifetime.

19. Laura says:

What?! No! Say it ain’t so, Lifetime! Y’all are killing me! No more Drop Dead Diva and now, no more Witches? Geez! :(

20. Jen says:

Stupid stupid stupid stupid. I effing HATE when networks do a cliffhanger and then cancel. At least let us have a movie to wrap things up. UGH.

21. Amber says:

They should do a TV movie to close it out. Otherwise, bad move after such a cliffhanger.

• Dandrea says:

that sounds like a good idea, they need to do something so fans of the show don’t feel cheated by that cliffhanger ending but I’d think we’d have a better ending if they brought the show back for at least another season to tie up lose ends instead of a two hour movie.

• Julz17 says:

That is a great idea! Oh I hope they at least give us that… fingers crossed!!

• Michelle Snider says:

I use this idea also. But prefer the drama show.

22. Jen says:

But hey, maybe if enough people write in, it could get a reprieve like Diva did?

23. Fernande Angers says:

No,no, sooo sad, I loved that show. Why do they always cancel the good ones… please reconsider….

24. Claire says:

Nooooooooooooooooo. Why oh why??!!!!

25. Caroline monk says:

Seriously like wtf lifetime keep cancelling good shows. They should have done one more season to tie stuff up. I am seriously pissed.

• Yvette says:

I discovered the show thru on demand and I was hooked! Finally caught up and been waiting anxiously for the conclusion/cliffhanger and they cancelled…I hate this! I hope another network picks it up!

26. Fat Girl says:

Gutted. Especially the way it ended. They could have done one more season to tie it up. Really not happy they always cancel good stuff.

27. Schatzi49 says:

Why, Why, Why do the networks cancel after a year or so especially with the cliff hanger they left us on. Lifetime, that might be the last show on your network that I will watch. First was the lottery and now the Witches. Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

28. Remy says:

I think someone at Lifetime gets a big kick out of cancelling shows with big cliffhangers. I’m still wondering who was behind the door on the last episode of Against the Wall.

29. Cali says:

That’s too bad. the first season was great, but this season got a little too weird and it wasn’t the same feel anymore.

30. am so sad it was my favorite tv show

31. D. says:

Sad, sad news. It was the perfect summer show. Silly but addictive… I whish they’d at least do a tv movie to wrap things up.

32. you friggin suck. everyone loved this damn show. you got rid of ‘the client list too’ im about to boycott this stupid channel

33. mike says:

I guess I can now get rid of lifetime damn them

34. Why does everything happen to me?

35. KingCrazy says:

Never commented before, but SERIOUSLY?

Ugh. I really liked this one. It was lighthearted, cute, and just really fun overall. Ugh.

36. krista says:

This is bs lifetime always does this the least they could do is to end it in season 3 and not leave it at a cliffhanger I’m done with lifetime

37. Rex Beaver says:

Is there any chance Lifetime will change its mind or can be convinced to do so? If so, what must be done? An out pouring letters? I know great shows like this have been saved before.

38. Grey says:

I only watched one episode of this show (episode two or three?) during its first season. It wasn’t half bad but it wasn’t enough to it to pull me in. Now having said that, I am very sad for the fans who are being left hanging! That’s just not right. This is happening way too often these days. I think producers and the stars of these shows need to start having some sort of clause or rider built into their contracts stipulating that if a show has at least one successful season any cliffhangers from subsequent seasons have to be resolved regardless of cancellation; either via an extra episode, a special, a two hour movie, or *something*! Come on!

• johnhelvete says:

The writers/producers of shows that end the season on a cliffhanger without a guarantee of another season, have to bear some responsibility for a show ending on the cliffhanger. I have read at least two interviews with showrunners in the last year or so where they admit that they were not sure about another season and they still decided to end the season on a cliffhanger.

39. I cannot Believe they cancelled this Great Show!!! I would like to have a petition Made up!!! Anybody out there let me know if you are interested.

40. Karyn in MT says:

What a HUGE mistake. I guess I will just have to stop watching Lifetime, Buh Bye….

• Lynn says:

I just found out it is not coming back I love this show I don’t watch a lot of tv and this show had me watching.. I am sad

41. Sparky says:

I really got into the show this summer. It had a great mix of characters make and female and I really wanted to see what was going to happen next. Had the ratings fallen off that much since the first season???

42. Joe R says:

I am heartbroken!!!

43. Laurie says:

NOOOOOO that was the best thing about lifetime! Who do we write to about this?! I’m seriously crushed right now.

44. Sunny says:

Seriously another great show ends on a huge cliff hanger that will never be answered. Thanks alot Lifetime, I’ll think twice before I watch another show on your channel!!!!!:(

45. See this is why I hate watching television, I normally will binge watch a series because I cannot stand things being left open ended.

46. anto33 says:

That’s a bummer.After all the cliffhangers,we’ll never know how it ends…

47. Sara says:

That actually really surprises me. Were the ratings that bad for Lifetime?

48. Jill says:

Well that really sucks. I enjoyed this show and was looking forward to another season.